Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

For example, a belief such as "I excel in all I do!" How would one construct that into an extremely compelling, powerful conviction on the deepest levels?
Thanks in Advance

You simply decide that as fact, affirm it as that, and continually reinforce it. About as simple as hanging onto an intention. It's not the tape that does it, it's you. The tape is just a way to help you to show yourself what's really been there all along.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

I would like to say "Be careful what you wish for." If you imbed "I excel in all I do", it wouldn't be very good if you became arrogant, or egotistical. Perhaps "I can achieve my goals" is a better idea...

Just a thought, correct me if I'm wrong (after all, being corrected it the only way to learn )

OP Offline

Too late about the arrogance that is! I'm already there!;0))
Seriously, I was just using that as an example. What I'm interested in is getting feedback from the readers on how to construct a belief. I could and probably will buy the tape Belief but I'd also like to know HOW to do it myself. I'm sure there are probably different approaches to this and I'm very curious to know more about them.

Thanks for the replies so far!--- Mike

I would use affirmations both spoken and write them ( about 30-50 or more) a day.
Writer's cramp? yes. But it does work!

Also, visualizing helps too.

Administrator
Administrator

If you want to try and create a tape a simple method could be to write a set of affirmation relating to the belief you want to strenghten. Each in 3 forms for good measure (eg I am, you are and (your name) is.

Have a list and put on some ambient background music (something you find relaxing, even nature sound. You can create a nice waterfall or rain sound by putting a cardboard box in the shower turn on the water till you get the sound you like and record it.)

With that set up you can put in a relaxation bit at the beginning of the tape... telling yourself to relax. About 3 to 5 minutes and then read the affirmation with the background running. Read the affirmations so that you have about 15 to 20 minutes of affirmation. Then give yourself a count up to feeling alert

If you want to make it semi subliminal... skip the relax and just record the affirmation in a soft voice allowing the background music to be stronger. You could experiment by walking to different parts of the room while saying the affirmations. That way you have a tape you can play in the background. Its probably also easier since you only need to record the affirmations once (if you have a second tape player it) If you're looking for something to play music and only have one tape recorder remember you're computer to play the music. No doubt many are able to use the computer for the whole deal. Just the manual way of doing it will give you a very solid foundation of acquiring the beliefs you desire.

Alex

There is a BOOK called "Changing Beliefs with NLP," by Robert Dilts.

If you want to do Direct Learning, try looking not only the subject heading of "beliefs," but also Ontology (Reality), Epistomology (How we know things are real, or not), and other philosophical matters. Books on actual "mind-sets" such as "Flow" and "Learned Optimism" may be helpful as well.

Also, it is most beneficial if you phrase the new belief as something you are striving for...

"I am becoming a person who excels in everything I do."

Since the language puts it in the future, it is more compelling for the other-than-conscious mind and it is less easily rejected.

Mike

[This message has been edited by MikeB (edited July 29, 2003).]

Try also Maxwell Maltz's, "Psycho Cybernetics".

OP Offline

Thank you very much for your feedback! I really do appreciate it!
Kaiden, I have two of Dilts' books on Beliefs including the one you mentioned but honestly, I have the hardest time making practical sense of much of what he says. I'll have to keep plugging away at it.
Alex, I like your suggestion alot! I think you've sparked an idea in me. I think I might put the personal genius just the induction and the dual stories (no intro or wake up) on a CD-R for track one. Then one track 2, I'd have the affirmation in three formats as you suggested (I,You & Name, and Name) clearly heard above the music Gymnopodie by Satie. The third track would be the same except the affirmation would be about 2/3 in and so one with each track until the affirmation is barely legible. Then I could repeat this with some running stream back ground. Also, one of the affirmation/music combinations could be done in a whisper. When this is done, I'd lay down the last track with the Memory Paraliminal--- again without the intro. I think this would work great! Thanks Alex for the help!

Thanks again for ALL the replies! I'll be using them. I ask you though if you have any more ideas on how to construct/build a belief, please share it with me/us in this thread! It would be very much appreciated I assure you!

Thank You, Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved