Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Howdie

How effective are these little devices?

Do they live up to what they say they can?

I would like to use such devices for audio learning.
So can one attach such a device to a CD player, and get maximum benefits in the accelerated learning frame of mind by keeping you in an ideal state of learning whilst listening to your personal development CD?
If so, how exactly dose this work?

Any feedback on the above greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Captain MOrgan

Administrator
Administrator

I haven't bothered with the ThoughtStream but do own a proteus. I sometimes use it with a paraliminal, on it's own, with a music CD and occasionally with a learning tape (one that I have listened to before using it with the proteus)

When using it in conjuntion with a paraliminal or other tape/CD it plays both the tones from the proteus and the sound from the tape/CDthrough the headphones. While a light display on your eyelids also keeps your vision occupied.

I find that the lightglasses can trigger some interesting imagestreams while I am wearing them. Everyone will have their own experience with them. If you can borrow one before you buy all the better. Some people cannot stand the light display.

Alex

OP Offline

Hi Alex

Thanks for reply, so what you are saying is that I can program the Proteus machine for a learning state and then take, lets say an audio course like PhotReading and play the Cd's/Tapes through a Proteus machine and gain extra focus and concentration.

I have a a bit of a focus & concentration problem whilst learning, and have tried various focus & concentration tapes which help me to a certain extent I suppose, if they do at all, and i suppose I just want to upgrade to an investment that will help me achieve better results, how would you compare the Proteus to your market cd's out there?

Any particular reason why you have'nt bothered with the thoughstreamer?

Thanks again

Till Later

Captain morgan

Administrator
Administrator

Price is the main factor. I use the proteus when the mood stikes me, not an every day thing. Usually when I want to have more focus on relaxing / learning. The light show keeps me from drifting off too far and I have even not used the sound effect only the light show and paraliminal tape.

The proteus comes with about 49 presets at least 12 of them are suited to learning a couple for learning with tapes. So you don't have to create the right soundtrack or light show.

The thought stream sounds interesting but I don't need another toy... there comes a time when you just need to make the commitment to use the toy/tools you already have without getting sidetracked by another.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved