Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joey Offline OP
OP Offline

I have been noticing a reoccuring thing, problem, I don't even know what to call it. In my meditations, it only happens when a person comes into my thoughts, it does not matter who, because for some reason it happens with everyone in my mind. When I think about hugging someone or touching someone, surrendering to love -now this is really wierd- knives come out of the persons skin, right where contact is made. I don't feel myself get cut or pain.

This is a reoccuring thing that I have now took attention to, but has went on for years. I have tried forcing myself to think of other things. I have tried imagining the knives turning into peaceful instruments. I have tried accepting it, and focusing my attention on something else. But as your mind, has a mind of its own, it keeps coming back. I don't know what to make of this.

Joey,

The idea that occurred to me as I thought about your post was - NOPS. Notice it, Own it, Play with it, Stay with it.

I wouldn't try to fight the image - forcing yourself to think of other things. Rather, give it your attention - watch it. In your visualizations - try to take your focus deeper into what you are seeing. Go into the knives and understand what they mean to you. You say you "don't feel myself get cut or pain.", but what do you feel? Are these knives real or symbolic? What do they mean to you?

When I meditate and project love to another person I don't imagine them so much physically - such as in hugging them. I feel the warmth of love in my heart, but it is also very focused and projected from my head and seemingly from a place outside and above my body. I feel our being and consciousness together, but I don't imagine any physical interaction. That just how I imagine the process. I think it is very valid for you to investigate how you imagine the process, just keep a positive attitude and NOPS.

Best wishes,

Blake

It is difficult to interpret others dreams because much of it is subjective to the dreamer. I think a key to understanding every dream is how the experience or symbolism makes us feel. How do you feel before making contact with the person? How do you feel when the knives come out? When you answer those questions, you should be close to understanding the significance of your dream.

Just to be clear, Joey didn't mention this happening in a dream. He said this is something that occurs while visualizing during meditation.

Thank you for pointing out that the images of knives flash while Joey is Meditating. I was incorrect when I referred to what he saw as dreams throughout my post. I meant that as he meditates he is accessing more of his mind. From his post I gather that he isn't conciously trying to bring up these images but rather the opposite. It may be dreams, but is probably more similar to how your mind gives you messages while image streaming. I think that finding the message is vital before the images will cease in his meditations. Joey, I think you will find the meanings of the images by exploring how they make you feel. I wish you the best.

Whatever you do, please DO NOT feel guilty or anything about such thoughts. Gee I don't even want to get started on how crazy my mind can act up sometimes. Ever since I was little I could create entire universes in my head. As I got older I noticed that my mind could literally go through sythesiesic patterns combining up to 50 associations at one time! It was undescibable, I mean you name it killing people, violent thoughts, perverse things, musical arrangements, conversations, excerpts from movies, loved ones turning into demons. And the funny thing is, this was all just crapp that my other than conscious mind had picked up throughout my life from numerous sources and in turn combined together to create big ugly "mind collages" as I call them, constantly changing as well. Having an explosive creative mind can be tough! If it's not directed properly(or dissolved). Usually these are arbitrary associations that sometimes have "Real" meanings. Usually the meanings are indirect. It could be that your forcing your thougthts, you can easily take any fleeting thougtht, give it some resistance, and it will soon turn into an annoying broken record.
Also remember that pent up emotions can be like "thought power plants" constantly pushing irrating thoughts up to consciousness. Try letting go of (sedona method works wonders, also Emoclear.com has wonderful processes, Drop into Essence is an version of Sedona on the Emoclear sight.) of your generalized pent up feelings. Then if you see that there are a few particular events or people that your emotions are attached to try letting go of that. Please though don't try to analyze your thoughts, they're like fluid constant flowing water. Let out some of those emotions and you'll find your mind quiets, then your meditations can help you deepen that quietness even more. You are not your thoughts, especially those repetive broken record ones. As much as my mind has exploded in both good and bad ways I find that when I let out my accumulated emotions that my explosions are good and that I can direct them as well. Take care.

Every rose has its thorn.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved