Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I want to combine hemi-sync or some other binural beats with my paraliminals. The thing is I don't have a fast computer(I'm talking ancient, it's my folks)so I can't run those amazing BWG and multi-track recording programs.
However I have a 4 channel mixer and lots of cords. I plan to run a CD player(w/binural CD) through one channel and then a tape player with a paraliminal in the other channel,adjust individual levels, then listen to them simultaneously through the mixer's headphone out Jack.
MY QUESTION. If I run my Discman into the mixer via guitar cord(with a small adapter plug for the guitar cord to fit into the Discman)
Will they're be degradation in the Binurals effect?
In other words would the binural beat be more effective with Discman direct to Headphones instead of from the Discman-GuitarCord-Mixer-Headphones or does it really not make a difference?
It's a good quality mixer and this is the only way I know to combine the two
I've heard this when recording binurals that the quality degrades slightly. I sound like a nerd, oh well. Any response greatly apprectiated.

I wouldn't worry about it since you're mixing a live session and this is an analog process. The limiting factor is the frequency response of the mixer channels. Just use lower frequencies in bwgen to create the difference frequencies.

Recording to disk requires sampling twice the highest frequency component of the input signal to get a decent reproduction and this is true of any digital audio so there is always some loss. Even if you convert a wav file to mp3 format, the reproduction of the binaural beat frequencies is still adequate.

If you have a spectrum analyzer handy, you can always check the degradation of the output signal frequencies.

[This message has been edited by shr33m (edited December 04, 2003).]

OP Offline

I'm gonna be using Awakened Minds, Biocharge, and Vantage Quest for my binurals since I don't have BWG.
I was thinking of just using a tip top 60 dollar guitar cord and then in addition turning up the highs and lows of the EQ channel that the CD player is plugged into.
ANY degredation I think should be made up for with the EQ boost and the quality cord.
Is this sufficient? Or just as good as the computer/mp3/wav file thing?

I'm an old analog guy.

Just try it out and experiment with the various parameters until you get what you like.
And you can record all that to analog tape for convenience.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved