Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Orbital Offline OP
OP Offline

Inchiki Gaijin or anyone else who have worked with this course (Ed Strachar). What do you think of it? Do you know of any other resources that can aid in building concentration skills?

It's been a while since I listened to the course. I found Ed's delivery style a bit annoying. He keeps doing things like quoting a bad example about how to do things, and then saying, "But YOU'RE not like that...ARE you?" in such a condescending way.

Apart from that it's not such a bad course. It doesn't focus completely on concentration, but kind of gets side tracked into inventing things and all sorts. If you are thinking of getting it, then I would look for one that's going used. I remember seeing lots of them somewhere a while ago - was it on Amazon? I wouldn't pay full price for it. From what I can remember Ed's advice comes down to -learn to meditate if you want to concentrate.

I found some excellent learning/memory products a while back on a site called www.worldlanguagelearning.com in the "featured products". "Ultra Learn" has a lot of really good advice about concentration in it, stuff I have never heard before.

What is it you want to concentrate on? Is it just as a mental/spiritual exercise, or do you have a task that you want to complete? There are plenty of paraliminals that can help with tasks - "Get Around to it" and "Automatic Pilot", just off the top of my head, are great ones for that!

Orbital Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks, Inchiki Gaijin.

Well, so the course is ok to try out, then. I was thinking of buying the bundle they sell, with the Reading Genius, Magical concentration and three other tape sets for $399 total. I'll probably just go for that Ultralearn course instead, and probably look into Ed Strachar's stuff later. The Ultralearn thing looks interesting, I've got a good gut feeling about it too, for some reason. Never heard of it before, so thanks for directing me to that.

The main reason I want to better my concentration is that I tend to struggle a lot with it when I read, which is funny since I've always been a big reader. I just don't read as easily as I used to when I was younger. (And I'm not even thirty...) It's gotten a bit better lately though, I'm using a few supplements and also changing my diet a bit, and the Sedona Method really seems to help it, even though I haven't released on that particular problem a single time. I'm struggling a bit with my health right now, but getting better, and when I'm well enough I'll start exercising again as well. Being in good physical shape can definitely help, of course. Win Wenger's underwater swimming thing is something I'll definitely try out as well.

Well thanks again, if you have any other tips I'll definitely be grateful for that as well. Enjoy your day.

Have you thought about trying the "Focus" cd from awakenedminds.com????.

You're most welcome, Orbital.

Another useful tip for concentration is to get in touch with your dominant learning style(s). For example, if you are mainly an auditary (spelling?) learner, you may find, as I do that noises distract you from a task more than, say, visual clutter in a room. I am so easily distracted by noises when I am trying to concentrate. My girlfriend is the opposite - she can work with the TV on (goodness knows how!) but she can't bear working in an untidy room, something that I can easily switch off to. Kind of creates tension, if you see what I mean!

Sorry to hear you are not feeling so well. I hope you get well soon. Take care and be well!

Inchiki

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved