Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14494 02/16/04 03:22 PM
OP Offline

While I don't think it's possible to completely eliminate the need to eat, how can one really reduce the amount to eat?

Two things that consume much of my time per day are sleeping and eating. Sleeping consumes about 8 hours of my day. However, I've heard it's possible to compensate for 4 hrs. of sleep by listening to theta waves binural freq. I think. Another I heard is, there's a mind machine that can give you an equalivalent of 8 hrs. of sleep in just 15 mins.

What about eating? Is it possible to not go without food for several days and remain a optimal mental state?

I would also like to know a healthy way to reduce sleep but maintain high energy. More and more as life goes on I feel that their is not enough hours in a day.

-Benny

Hey, eating and sleeping are some of the most basic human things you can do, and some of the most enjoyable.

quote:
Originally posted by Extrovertive:
While I don't think it's possible to completely eliminate the need to eat, how can one really reduce the amount to eat?

A recent study has shown that skipping breakfast or lunch every other day is more effective than reducing caloric intake at every meal in terms of promoting longevity and health.

[/B][/QUOTE]
I've heard it's possible to compensate for 4 hrs. of sleep by listening to theta waves binural freq. I think. Another I heard is, there's a mind machine that can give you an equalivalent of 8 hrs. of sleep in just 15 mins.[/B][/QUOTE]

No, you really do need enough sleep no matter what other products may claim. If you could increase the ratio of REM periods to total sleep time, that would be great.

[/B][/QUOTE]
What about eating? Is it possible to not go without food for several days and remain a optimal mental state?[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, this is routinely done by those who practice bigu which is a Chinese qigong supported fast with little or no food (supervised by a qigong master). Bigu actually means "no grain" since it is excess carbohydrates that do you in.

In the past, during the hunter/gatherer stage before the agricultural revolution, people did not eat every day. They were on a high protein, high fat, low carb diet in most places in the world. They ate when they could hunt game, as nomadic as they were. It was during the summer months that they did the heavy carb loading on seasonally available foods to prepare them for the cold winters. Today's grains are stored in conditions that attract fungi and their excipients, mycotoxins.

A couple of interesting books:

Dangerous Grains: Why Gluten Cereal Grains May Be Hazardous to Your Health by James Braly M.D., Ron Hoggan M.A.

Going Against the Grain: How Reducing and Avoiding Grains Can Revit alize Your Health by Melissa Diane Smith

See http://www.mercola.com/2003/may/10/infectious_diabetes_interview.htm

Also, check out the classic article by Weston Price in the middle of the page at http://www.d-w-m.com/diet.htm

OP Offline

Thank you, shr33m! Now this is the type of respond I was antcipating!

Not an expert on food and diet, but sleep!!!

I believe that sleep is very important and if you can utilize it and be able to use your sleep cycle for specific results, then you will find it fun. Before sleep programming or Lucid Dreaming or many other things that are possible to do during sleep can be very fun and usefull. Keep on learning and go wih the nature don;t go agains it, instead learn about it and use it.

OP Offline

Here's a recent article on "Can the brain be tricked into staying awake?"
http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/02/21/sleepy.brain.ap/index.html

What do you guys think?

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved