Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14671 03/25/04 02:13 PM
4ndy Offline OP
OP Offline

I'd like to purchase either the holosync program or the sedona method to compliment my collection of paraliminals, except i'm not too sure which one to go for.
Recent discussion of holosync + paraliminals produce a greater effect for what you work on. It also sounds like a very easy program to use (i.e. sit back and listen), which is my prefered 'style'.
With the sedona method, i had also been reading a recent post and if i decide to go with sedona i'll probably go for the release technique, which was said to be essentially the same as the sedona method. I'm not too sure what is involved with learning the release technique.
So i was wondering which would people recommend?

#14672 03/25/04 02:32 PM

As for my recommendation, go for sedona. Holosync is a program that requires you to sit and listen. You will assimilate the soundtrack and it then will no longer work until you buy a higher level which could get very expensive. You can buy Hale Dowskin's Sedona Method or Larry Crane's Abundance Course (Release Technique); it's much cheaper than having to buy something every given period of time. Also, Sedona can have a profound effect in your own inner peace as you let go of unresolved emotional stuff.

When I do Holosync, I feel tension, anxiety, and some disconforts that come from my resistance to the Holosync stimulus and the unresolved material that comes out of my unconscious. Others even report physical disconforts like rashes, pains, colds, etc. I mean, Holosync is hard to follow; I bought the Sedona Method course mainly to deal with the disconforts that I felt during every Holosync session.

On Holosync, I recommend it only if you can afford to buy all the levels, so that you get the maximum benefit. Each level have their own gains, but I deem them too small to count for themselves. And it's expensive.

So my recommendation is Sedona Method or Release Technique; skip Holosync.

#14673 03/26/04 12:52 AM
4ndy Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks for the reply betsemes.

I didn't realise that there were different 'levels' to holosync. So is it basically like paraliminal tapes where u need different 'sessions' for different things, except more expensive.
If thats the case then i think i will go for the release technique.

thanks again.

#14674 03/26/04 03:12 AM

Sedona any day even tho I've only got the book The power of letting go by Patricia Carrington.

Although it depends upon what you're after.

I've used holosync + paraliminals and they don't always cause greater effects. Sometimes there's nothing. I've actually stopped that project. It seems like the power of intention is far more important than going down a level in your mind before listening.

Holosync causes tension, more and more after each level, not on specific things. Sedona makes you ask yourself some important questions. Can I let go of wanting to control x? Can I let go of wanting to protect x? Can I let go of wanting approval from x? Essentially. Perhaps all you need is a book or you want a complete course.

If you want an inexpensive Holosync-alternative. Perhaps you'd like to try Insight from www.awakenedminds.com I don't know about long term use but it seems effective to me. I've used both Holosync and Insight. I'm a newbee... The price is right for one of the products.. I have no way of knowing about long term changes/effects.

Cya!

#14675 03/30/04 04:24 PM

From my experience wiith both, Sedona is infinitely more powerful and better. You can buy only the books by hale and lester, Sedona Method and happiness is free they cover all the same material as in the course and cose only about $30 total.

#14676 04/04/04 06:40 PM

I guess it comes down to an idividuals priorities and values. Holosync to me isn't expensive. For holosync your looking at $150-$300 a year, thats nothing. Plus, there is no obligation to continue (of coarse there going to push there product, thats just a business), but the benefits you obtain won't be lost because of discontinuing to a higher leve.

You purchase a car and thats $300-+ a month, now thats expensive, but obviously most people need cars. Not everyone may need holosync. For me it has been an invaluable assest that is carrying me to greater heights. I would much rather invest a lot of money in myself than in luxury, entertainment, or unneeded items.

I would have to say that the greatest benefit I have obtained from using holosync is freedom- detachment. It is such an awesome feeling. Things that use to push my buttons and upset me no longer even tug at my strings. You become this watcher, who is watching the world in a playful manner. Yet, at the same time you feel detachment you feel connected to everything. I love it. But like others have said it is not magic, and it does cause you to feel like **** sometimes and you wonder if it is worth it. Then you break free to a new hieght and you realize it was worth it. Its like being in a boot camp, often times you want to give up, but you know the training will pay off and then when you reach that new high point the benefits you attained are well worth it because your a better person because of it.

I have expereinced some anxiety with it. Mostly spurts of doubt and depression. For the most part it has made me really happy, and I experience emotional bursts of joy throughtout the month.

I know very little of the sedona method, but plan on getting the book sometime soon.

#14677 04/05/04 05:36 AM

Hey folks,

I used Holosync briefly and found it a strangely addicting and pleasurable experience. I stopped because I began experiencing some short term memory loss and a general foggy-headedness. The centerpointe people have an explanation for these common negative side effects called "overwhelm." The explanation sounds something like therapy and involves past issues resurfacing subconciously. I'm not sure if the explanation is true or not, but they didn't have a strong evidentiary basis for their theory. Their explanation of why the Holosync program provides benefits is equally without foundation and maybe even a bit sillier than most of the cool stuff we try out around here...

The bottom line is that Holosync program probably won't provide benefits, but it may seriously damage you neurologically. Even the most ardent users generally only express a change in values such as being more compassionate towards others or understanding -- it's hard to see how brainwave entrainment can change core beliefs, but its easy to see how centerpointe marketing can. I stress, however, that the claims that Holosync may cause permanent damage should be considered. Why risk healthy brain-functioning in order to obtain marginal and probably imaginary benefits?

I've posted a link to a thread on the "awakened minds" site that features a number of posters reporting the same symptoms I experienced as well as an article discussing the very real possibility that continued beta entrainment may impair mental functioning.
http://pub58.ezboard.com/fawakenedmindsdiscussionforumfrm2.showMessage?topicID=92.topic

I should also say -- in passing -- that Sedona Method is great. Releasing is a great skill that everyone should have even if it doesn't result in incredible abundance... plus, there aren't a lot of people out there saying that it causes brain damage.

Best,

-- Brandon

#14678 04/05/04 02:13 PM

Of all the regular posters at the centerpointe- or awakenedminds-forums there are few who talks about permanent neurological damage. And there are a bunch of people who'll testify that they have grown a lot thanks to Holosync/AM. My shortterm memory was also a bit challenged while listening. According to Centerpointe it's a common occurence and it doesn't last. I would't know because it isn't stuck for me.

Just wanted to balance the scale a little.

T

#14679 04/05/04 06:03 PM

Let me balance it back. Holo-sync was one big mistake for me. Sedona? Very good. Bless them.

#14680 04/05/04 09:23 PM

Neurological damage from listening to two tones of differing pitch in the right and left ear?

Riiiight.

It's tones. That's all it is. Tones with a bunch of marketing behind it.

I think the role of intention and expectation is at least half of the equation. This isn't based on verifiable statistics or scientific fact, but that's ok, because none of the claims made by the people who create these products are either.

I believe there may be studies on the effects of meditation on short term and long term memory. I think, if I recall correctly, short term memory of meditators is reduced while long term memory increases. Again, I may be mistaken about this.... but I do recall a study being done and those being the results.

There is too much pseudo-science and BS involved in this brainwave activity and entrainment hubbub. People involved in studying brainwave activity will tell you that generalizing a person's collective brainwave activity into an "alpha" brainwave or "delta" is complete nonsense. These labels and cycles per second are just vast generalizations used to try and get a handle on what is going on in the brain, which is a literal cacophany (or symphony) of simultaneous activity of varying levels and degrees.

No one at any time has an "alpha" brainwave. A person has brain activity, some of which in a part or parts of the brain that may be described as alpha for a given period of time. Simultaneously there are "delta" waves, "beta" waves, etc.

Also, you may be surprised to know that a "delta" tape does not necessarily produce an abundance of delta waves in the brain. Also, the qualities associated with different types of brainwaves as well as so-called brain synchrony may not actually be produced when the brainwaves are present.

Think of how complex the brain is. Think of how complex an activity like creativity is. Do you reall think that a tape that *supposedly* puts you into a theta brain wave will make *your brain* (which has significant differences in makeup and function from other brains) go into what *you* consider to be a creative state?

What happens when what part of the brain is generating a majority of a certain "type" of brainwave? Do you really think these companies have mapped that out and have technology sufficiently advanced to create that specific a kind of change in brainwave activity through the use of sounds? Even worse, think of the clumsiness of the tool being used ... binaural beats. A tone of one pitch in one ear, and another pitch in another ear.

Comon.

I do admit that these tapes have effects on people. They tend to be relaxing. Then again, Bach is relaxing, too, and far more complex.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved