Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

While browsing a page on NLP, I stepped into Design Human Engineering (DHE). Supposedly, this goes beyond what NLP is designed to. NLP is designed to model what others have accomplished, DHE is designed to create new skills to grow beyond what have been already achieved. I searched this forum for comments or experiences on this from any user, but it returned nothing. Has anybody attempted to learn or apply this? How effective this could be?

Go to the Abundance for Life forum and look under the thread titled "Mark Orth." Someone made some comments about this stuff.

In my experience, there is not much to it. It certainly is not a step beyond NLP. I don't see how it can work as a stand alone system. I have the "Beyond Problem Solving" video from Rex Sikes and a friend lent me Richard Bandler's 16 tape set which I listened to 3 times IIRC. The tapes were entertaining but I did not learn anything. IMO everything important in both programs is in "The Attitude Activator" by Rex and Carolyn Sikes (also part of one of the Learning Strategies programs.) The Attitude Activator is a good tape.

DHE seems to be more of an application of NLP rather than any real breakthrough. The rest looks like marketing hype. From my observations talking to people, this is one of those courses people go to, say it was great, but can't say anything concrete about why it was great. If you have lots of money and want everything on the NLP market then there is no reason not to get the tapes, but other than that I'd pass.

Tradition NLP: find people who demonstrate excellence and using various tools create a model out of that excellence. Teach it to others.

DHE: use the same tools and distinctions to experiment and create new patterns rather than relying on other people to model them.

That's the basic distinction between the two, I think.

Really, DHE is just Bandler. That's all.

I'd watch saying that you didn't learn anything from the DHE tapes. Bandler has a way of sneaking up on you.

That is, he does a lot of "unconscious installation."

If anything, you can learn mad language pattern skills from Bandler. He is very sophisticated and layers techniques all the time. A lot of tonal anchors and chaining states, too.

Right, babayada. I was just about to write a message with the same information.

I could add, that to my knowledge Richard does not much teach DHE anymore. He has another invention which he calls NHR, NeuroHypnotic Repatterning. DHE may have been a a sort of intermediate phase.

OP Offline

quote:
He has another invention which he calls NHR, NeuroHypnotic Repatterning.

Could you tell more about NHR? Thanks.

Here is something:
http://www.meta-nlp.co.uk/nhr.htm

Richard's own pages have very little information.
http://www.neurohypnoticrepatterning.com/

I myself can't tell much about NHR, though I must have experienced it last year at Richard's hypnosis training.

Michael Hall writes some skeptic things about DHE.
http://www.neurosemantics.com/Articles/DHECritique.htm
and http://www.neurosemantics.com/Articles/DHECritique2.htm

I love listening to DHE and kind of like listening to NHR. Bandler is older then (NHR) and not as agressive and confrontative. Qualities that I do like with him. Yes, I mostly pick up his attitude and languaging and not any machine-creating. Some of the stories on DHEtapes (not the 2000-ones) comes back in NHR.

Gotta listen to the tapes again. Makes me ferrocious and fun. Thanks for the reminder.

Tore

I'll take a look at what Michael Hall has to say, but, frankly, I am not all that impressed with Hall's work.

The whole state about states things is convoluted. Grinder tears him and his work a new orafice on whisperinginthewind.com.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved