Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I have a problem when making guesses. I usually hear one comment and then one right after and that always confuses me. Like which one should I listen to? I used to think that the first thing I heard was the most accurate guess/answer, and this moved on to which answer I "feel" is right. Both of these methods don't work too well. I pick up alot more from my subconscious mind than I used to but when taking guesses it's always hard for me to know which one is right because I hear several things.

Do you guys have any tips on how to listen and pick out the most accurate guess provided from your subconsciousness?

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Guesses at what?

The stronger your emotional involvement the harder to guess accurately.

Alex

OP Offline

It could be anything; taking guesses at which team will win the game, or playing the lottery and guesing which the winning numbers are. What I meant with guessing does not just apply to just betting or lottery but for many other occasions.

So I should be as cool as possible and not feel anything when taking a guess???

A very important thing here would be the questions that you are asking yourself and the motivation behind the question. This reminds me of the importance in the PRing process of having a very clear and well thought out purpose before you begin.

If I am driving down a road and it comes to an end where I have to turn right or left and I ask myself - "Should I turn right or left?" I have made it clear what my purpose would be whether I turn right or left - I also have left out the possibility that I maybe I should turn around and go back the way I came, or maybe that I should get out of the car and leave the road altogether. If I say "Which way should I go to get to [my destination - whatever that is]?" and then I am quiet and see all of the possible choices and maybe even leave a spot in my visualization tool for a choice I haven't considered, then I have asked a good question and given myself all of the choices I might need to help myself.

If I am flipping coins and asking which side will come up next - heads or tails. It may have a clear question and purpose, but it isn't very motivating and will not usually activate my inner guidance because it doesn't really matter in the scheme of things whether the coin comes up heads or tails. If you suggest that a large amount of money lies on whether it is heads or tails, and therefore in your mind it is very important, I would say there are few people who could maintain the emotional detachment needed to see clearly in such a situation.

So, yes, detachment from the outcome is needed in these situations.

[This message has been edited by livingsuccess (edited June 11, 2004).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved