Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

edited

[This message has been edited by SteveBCA (edited April 28, 2006).]

For all beginners and others. Don't waste your timw with affirmations. In time you will realize that it is time wasting and you do not need it.

Watch Fight Club and open your eyes.

P.S. For all those who might think "This guy doesn't know anything about affirmations" I have ready so muhc about them tried them in so many different ways and supported them very much untill I realized that is is a waste of time.

But then again, just ignore this post and have fun learning about affirmations and stuf related. ;-)

What? You mean the line that says, "self improvement is masturbation"?

OP Offline

There is a powerful way to use affirmations, that zap limiting beliefs at the same time as soaking in the
affirmations.

This was described by Phil Laut, author of "Money Is My Friend". (Phil Laut was mentioned in
Arnold Patent's "You Can Have It All" - that's how I heard of him and bought the book)

The method is simply:
Choose a positive affirmation that is pretty opposite to one of your
stubborn crap beliefs.

Write the affirmations. As you're writing, when your fear thoughts (and especially feelings)
start rebelling, go ahead and write those negative beliefs on paper under the
affirmation you write.
For example you write: "Money Circulates Freely In My Life", and your fear-voice says: "how come
I'm still in this apt", write it down, and then you write a rebuttal to this.

You keep on writing the same affirmations, until there's no opposite charge.
A couple of other writers also provided the same technique: Jerry Gillies in MoneyLove, and Michael Rowland author of Absolute Happiness .

So, yeah, I do agree with you Ivan, that affirmations can be a waste of a time if you try to force yourself to
believe them by saying them without feeling.

If you buy the Abundance For Life course, though, I'd say just use that and ignore all other techniques though. Focusing on one regimen is the best.

The original post was aimed at the person asking the question. A specific answer to a specific question - I accidentally posted in a new topic as I mentioned.

quote:
Originally posted by babayada:

[This message has been edited by SteveBCA (edited July 12, 2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by babayada:

Just don't be a space monkey running around your life and repeating "I feel Good" "I am strong" "I feel happy" ;-) Whereas you still feel unhappy and goin down. Get your A$$ up and take action. Action is the only solution. There are many words, but not much action"

[This message has been edited by Ivan (edited July 12, 2004).]

One thing I wondered about was the lack of crap that was directed towards Palahniuk after 9/11. I was sure Fight Club would be referenced and criticized for depicting the bombing of high-rise buildings that were the centers of various financial institutions....

Not too many people made that connection, I guess.

But, yeah. Who wants to be Stuart Smalley? Doughy, pathetic, and sad.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved