Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Jo Jo Offline OP
OP Offline

This something I never quite understood. I never knew how to listen to God, or how to turn a problem over to God. For some reason I think when you turn a problem over to God you stop doing what you do to fix it. I don't know maybe I am spritually illiterate.

Hi

I think God wont mind what you do to deal with the the problem at hand, yet you might consider doing a letter to god. tell him in detail just the way thing's are going. and how you would like thing's to be.

Then ever burn the leter or if you are ner the sea. let God have that way. knowing that you have an undersanding about what the problem is, and having an idea of how you would like thing's to be, And focus on the idea that thing's will workout.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Have a look at the Sedona Method or Natual Brilliance. Both require you to "let go' and everytime you pick it up again you can choose to just let it go.

What if you could just for this moment let go of thinking about it? Consider that right now in this very moment it make no difference whether it changes or not. It simply is what it is, There is nothing you can do about it anyway so what if you could just for now let go of it? Let go and do whatever else needs doing or just simply enjoy a quiet cuppa while looking at the flowers in the garden.

Letting go and letting God is a moment to moment thing. Some things you do need to do if you want them done, like making the bed washing the dishes, other things take care of them selves like the birds that visit your garden and the flowers that bloom.

When you feel yourself stuck just ask yourself, 'for now, just for this moment could I just let it go and if not now when could I let it go and just let this thng take care of itself in its own time?

Alex

What I do is ask, let go then I remain aware of information that comes to me. Most of the time the information is subtle.

Learn to meditate and this will help you to become still. When I am calm I am more aware of guidance that comes to me.

Also, watch your dreams. Many answers come to us in dreams.

Heartbeat

Speak from your heart Jo Jo.

Love and Light

Michael

During the LSC retreat last year, one of the exercises that we did involved coming up with 4-6 questions, writing them down onto separate pieces of paper, then sealing each into an unmarked white envelope.

To begin a session, first draw out one of the envelopes at random, but do not open it. Then either working with someone (a listener taking notes) or with a tape recorder, close your eyes and image stream (say out loud) all that you see, hear, feel, etc. in a rapid rate (to avoid allowing the mind from analyzing, and squelching) for about 10-20 minutes, or when you run out of things to say.

Then open the envelop and see what question you have just received the answer to. Usually it will be quite difficult to make sense of the seemingly random images, sensations, etc., but over time you may realize their significance and relevance. The idea is that you already know what's best for you. It's a training of your intuition to tune into God / "higher intelligence" / the universe. For more info you should check out The Einstein Factor in the recommended reading section or you can get the Genius Code which covers image streaming.

Good luck.

Hi all
i find that God is just a name for something else
us humans love to name things
we love to categorise
its all down from the sun god of egyptian mythology where they did the same
egypto-christian not judeo-christian lol

it exists but not as the God that the personalising religions have made out
they are systems of control basically

realising that everything changes and that we are not-self u come to the realisation that there is no permanent soul and no god that is above all

they exist but as we do but a lot more refined that us
they have no form
they can also gain enlightenment

name something that is permanent other than what we wrongly percieve as permanent and ill give u a clap

emotion, perception, body, thought and conciousness all change

that is all that makes up "us"

i know conventional terms may make me seem like a hypocrit
but this is the only way to get it out u see

people assume there is time because they think it is real
we believe so because of the gemoetry of the world
past was present and furure will be too
other than that they only exist as thoughts

also place is not real

this world is the manifestation out of a superconciousness that wanted once

form came
it no longer wanted it and non-form came
ignorance came and accepted this duality within its confusion

im only getting started
i hope to share much of this and get some feedback

Prana,

I think the purpose for letting go and letting God, as some people say, is to simply take responsibility and thoughts off one's shoulder.

Myself, I can feel when I am shouldering too much and will try to let go. My personal bias is to let go and let the universe do whatever it wants with certain issues. And who knows? Maybe my unconscious mind and maybe even other forces that exist in the universe (???) may help.

The way I view it, there may be no free will or perhaps not even the need for it. Sometimes I just shut off, let go, and let the universe engage in the act of being me rather than feeling I have to do and be and have some responsibility all the time.

Sometimes its relieving just to let go. As Alan Watts said, you are the experience the universe is having. You're an aperture through which the universe can experience itself. I may not be true, but it sure induces one hell of a trance.

well letting go is important
but not to the point that u are indirrerent and care about nothing
just not letting yourself react but simply acting
indifference is just as bad as not caring to start with
to trust in God is to give in to ur responibility
you are the only one responsible
if not who else?
if u have not peace then who else?
sure we do not exist as we believe but none the less exist
in a conditoned state of reaction that leads to suffering
living in the moment is so important
Eckhart Tolle is a champoin of this
im starting to listen to Alan Watts
Jack Kornfield is great
so is Thich Nhat Hanh
also Tara Brach

we hold our distrust in ourselves in others
also blame guilt and other emotions that are not good
try loving urself
knowing that u are complete but u are simply clouding the realisatiosn of it
we ARE perfect
we ARE complete
we can deal with it
we can realise it
I am beginning to realise it
i know i can accept myself
and i am slmost there

detatch, become moral, practice, experience and enlighten yourself

if u need a path i suggest the Budhist Theraveda one
no pure land or Tibetan

it is of utmost purity and can be seen but it sometimes not completely like by the ego
stick with it and try some of the technniques
after all we can always change our minds right?
we have that freedom

As a general practice, indifference is of course not good.

But I am talking about temporarily decompressing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved