Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

temporary perhaps yes
but make sure it does not stay
it should not really get to that point if u folow steps as they should be followed and understood ive noticed in me and others

Wow, it is very interesting to read your views on God. I agree, we have a tendency to label God to what fits us. We must remember that God starts within us/is in us. We are all trying to be God like. I agree, we must meditate and become still with ourselves to really listen to what we are feeling. I think sometimes when we don't have an understand of God, we don't have an understanding of ourselves. Yes, love self first, then you are able to love others. I'm learning that when you deal with the real issues you are able to release and allow personal growth. I'm meditating now using my Chakra system and that along with prayer and releasing, help to balance my moods and what I think. Trying the Natural Brialliance program is adding to the developmental growth. It's a constent struggle to understand God b/c there are do many interpretations. Jo jo look within you and deal with the real issues at hand. Too many people say, Oh just let God handle it..yes let God handle it, but you have to understand that God is in you. peace

i agree but i do not think God is something independant
he is everywhere and within us yes
how can he be independant?
he is love thay say
sure but for whom?
he needs us like we need him
god did not create
its not really possible when u consider the other characteristics of god
i believe it is simply a state of being
a supreme one we can come to
but as the bible says and as many other faiths do it is within us but we need to realise it
we need to become enlightened
we need to awaken to ourselves

we need to listen without heart
not our emotions, minds or anything else but our hearts
i agree with a lot of the nice things in god based religions but not the fact that god is something we simply need to trust in to get to a place where he is supposed to exist
now if he were everywhere why would need to accend to heaven?
arent we already there?
in the abode of his?

the first step in listening to others is listening to ourselves
one reason i deny needing jesus to save me
we make the effort in that case anyway so it is our ownselves that are the saviours

the second step it to know thyself
something god based religions say but do not practice very much
i was a christian till i was 12 and i gave my heart
i have looked for the answers within myself
some people go about it the wrong way
why we have a religion that carries crosses (Bill hicks said do u think when he comes back he is going to want to see a F*&^@#g cross?) and has its center (regardless of what the other denom. think) in the place that crucified the guy they hold dear

if he had a problem with us taking fruit from a tree to tell the difference from good and evil why did he complain when we did not know the difference and did it anyway

he should have known us humans are a little lacking in obedience when hungry (especially)

how were we to know?
we get punished for mistakes for all of eternity in the house of god
ther is no being of love there
he wants and gets dissapointed when he dosent get it
and he is supposed to have known ht eoutcome before it happens
the emotion of being dissapointed is not one has when one knows the outcome
ask any pessimist lol

i find the notion of god to be not just one out of line with science but also emotions, free thought, logic, good sense (not common sense) and many other things
there is order behind the disordewr sure but it not a creation of some being who is nothing quite he/we says he is
i could write a book on this stuff now and ive only done little pieces of research when trying to confirm something i have felt to be true

someone said that Buddhism would be the world religion by 2050
maybe i can have a helping hand when it comes to it
helping ourselves and others is where its at
not asking another for the strength to help others because u want to go to a nice place
this does not feel complete
not quite perfect

SoulEternity,

That's your belief. For some people, God is not within them at all. God and God's creations are completely separate. For others, God is in them but they are not the same as God in any way other than being the stuff of his creation ... which is the stuff of him, but their consciousness is not the consciousness of God.

One of my professors stressed the difference between pantheism and panantheism.

From http://www.whiterobedmonks.org/phil/philgod.html

Pantheism
Overview
The pantheistic theory holds that all is God and God is all. The term is derived from two Greek roots, Pan and Those, meaning that God is everything and that everything is God. Pantheism establishes an identity between God and nature, or the world. It refutes the deist position that God is the fundamental or primary cause of the world. Pluralism also does not satisfy the pantheistic theory. It states that all that exists is God and that nothing exists beside God. God is infinite and omnipresent. God and the world are two forms of an identical reality, hence both are indivisible. God comprehends the entire universe and exists in the smallest particle of matter.

Versus...

Panantheism
Overview
This theory explains the relation between God and the world by presuming that God is the first as well as the material cause of the world. It states that the world exists in God but it is not identical with God. Put differently, it means that the world is a part of God, having no independent existence of its own, apart from God. God, on the other hand, is not limited either to or by the world since He is much more than the world. Just as a poet creates a number of poems out of his own consciousness but does not exhaust his complete being in doing so God also makes the world out of his own self but remains much more than the world remains beyond and above it. The world does not exhaust the creativity of God. Panentheism believes that God is the highest personality, the creator, supporter and defender of the world. He is the highest personality in spite of his being infinite, without beginning and omnipresent. He permeates the world and yetis above it. He is omnipresent in the world as its material cause and above it in the form of its first cause.

Some people believe that the experience of God is very different from being God, and it is not our place (in fact it is quite sinful) to equate oneself in any way with God. Rather, we should be content to serve and bask within the presence and grace of God. This is not my belief, but when people give things over to God, depending who and what God is to them, the act will have differing meanings.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited October 22, 2004).]

i believe supreme conciousness (God) always has been
it is infinite and has no cause because it had no need of one
it is unconditioned
only conditioned states have laws that have rules like cause and effect
they also lack time and space
does god follow time & space laws?
he seems to according to the holy books
but that would make him a linear being
which would make him under something

how did good exist all that time without evil?

Hmmm.

Prana, your post reminds me of little snippets I have read from and about a book called flatland. Flatland is a 2D world. A sphere moving through that world from top to bottom would be perceived as a line starting from nothing then growing in length then shrinking down to nothing.

The people in Flatland when told that a linear event (in time as well as in visual perception) was actually a simultaneous event (that is an entire sphere) existing all at once ... well, they'd think you were nuts and not speaking from directly observable phenomena. It'd be strange that a line would exist that was the same length no matter where you viewed it from inside the flat plane (Flatland is essentially a plane where movement is possible in 2 dimensions) ... but to talk about a sphere would be craziness.

I figure that if there is a God and goes does have consciousness, this being would probably see time as we see the sphere. That is, time seems linear to us, but perhaps it is "three dimensional," like the sphere. It all may exist at one time.

If you needlessly and sloppily generalize this way of thinking to include other binary relationships such as good and evil (which is something I like to do), then what kind of picture do you get? It all gets more complex and weird.

Clifford Pickover wrote a book about these extra dimensional ways of thinking, I'd really like to read it some day. It's called Surfing through Hyperspace: Understanding Higher Universes in Six Easy Lessons.

interesting
im a low level mathemetician so i cannot completely say yay or nay

im still learning and i know my ideas change
but i still give myself and others something to think about for now

time exists sure but is it only in this world that it exists as it is?
think about what things would be like without it
does it rely on matter to exist?
difficult i know
takes some deep meditation to even begin
we can choose to dwell on the past and future which brings unhappiness
even if there were or may be good events we miss them from the past or do not get them in the past
u never always live out what you hope to ive realised
best way around it is to not hope but accept things as they are
u can make things better for yourself that way
no dissapointment or aversion that way
to look to god is to gain dissapointment
ive seen it in a lot of people
why god oh why??? lol

i was once dissapointed and then worked out only i can solve my problems

duality of good and evil makes u lean towards one and not be able to see the opposite because u ignore or space yourself from it

one can say i am not evil i am not violent i am not this and that
but in the end it is very possible and in fits of rage (which they often just aren't supposed to be) they show all the characteristics of the side they could never accept to being

nothing is good or evil it is simply how we percieve

some think clowns are evil and some think they are happy
i think they are just clowns if they make me laugh thats fine but if they are scary ones then fine
they cannot hurt me
*reminds me of kramer* hahaha

though to some hurt is good
lol

know thyself
that is all that is needed to overcome the delusion and realise peace
not know God and try to notice his power
u will forget your own

Time, I do not think, is a thing in and of itself. It is just the idea that things change and that change can happen at a measurable rate.

It's a really strange damned concept when you think of it.

People talk in terms of probabilities on the sub-atomic level. If you base time on shifting probabilities rather than linear movement ... whew. It really gets freaky.

cool
u sound like a smart one babayada
ill have to learn a lot more science and math yet believe
but i still have some ideas
and i have much experience to show some of it into light
and the patience to learn how to explain it

i think the big bang started time
when you think of all the planets with different times and such u know it is not universal
but the universe may stop somewhere right?
what ends it
more space?
i could not imagine a solid
it would need space around it and there would be no point
same if it were water
if it is more space then since we need space to move was the space only there cause the material was?
if u could look at it as a whole would it rotate and move through space?
multiple universes? possible?
measurable here but ur measure somewhere else and vice-versa?
the time would not have existed without the space
what would the need be?
time can only track one moment to the next on things and places i believe
it is not stored (that i know of)
nor is it made of anything
very relative
where did this space come from?
and the matter?
i know how but where from?
maybe it is like fire
can u measure fire?
where did it come from?
where is it now?
the power of the consciousness was strong enough to create sounds and vibrate it into things like light and perhaps matter
there may be a constant hum in many things as a result of this
the planets, the universe, the human brain

is the universe the mind of a god?
with its realistic ilusions?
notice the confusion in this world?
as we subjectively unfocusingly create it

we will return to one when we realise there is one and listen to it and love it

but it is not God im sorry (for all u churchies n such out there)

I always have belived in God and ask God for help. But recently ... someone says that why rely on God when everyone have their Spirit Guides. What spirit guides are for? They are helping you out on every problem you have.

Why rely on God?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved