Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jo Jo Offline OP
OP Offline

I am looking for a program that will help me beat job burnout and depression, for someone that can't (at this point in time)find another job, and life seems so overwhelming. I tried the first level of holosyn, I can say that it worked, but I am still very depressed and feel hopeless.

I was close to suicide three times, and felt extreme depression. I said no pills. Write down everything in your life that you want in the most clear cut simplistic way, "from your Heart", not anyone else or based on any formula out "there". And let go of needing it. The universe will take care of it. Realize that the sum total of what's got you into the depression in the first place is beyond logic and unexplainable and that your way out of the depression is also unexplainable and beyond logic. Your mind is a fluid vast infinte insturment with vague "ins" and "outs" and side to sides. Let it go, feel your feelings in your body as a nonjudgemental witness, realize that all life happens "now" and never any other time. This way you get out of the way of yourself(not freezing emotions in place by labeling them, putting walls in the flow of them, or trying to reconstruct the illusion we call the "past", and the illusion we call the "future".) and your feelings and energy within those feelings can flow naturally through your body. All the hurts and pain you have do not exist truely, they instead store themselves in your body in various places which are energy blocks, and typically manifest physically as tensions in the body as well. The pain dissappears the more you surrender to nonjugementally feeling in your body. This isn't a method, it is "living", the way your body naturally intended. This has a nice reflex effect on EVERYTHING else in life as well. It's not time really, it's willingness, that far far supasses time. Drop the formula of what you "think" you should do because chances are it will coming from some contorted opinion of someone or an organzation that deep down doesn't even know what's best for themselves let alone you. These depressions are the courageous times when we have to be completely honest with ourselves and make the simple choice whether we'll continue to walk on egg shells for others or truely live from our heart, which does best for others and ourselves. When you start to feel take a look at your list again and know that if any of that is going to be it will not be from any amount of over-examination or logical picking and prying. The universe takes care of the details, and details really aren't important. Everything I will mention points to the same place ultimately and goes by the same logic surpassing rules of life that the ancients and all religions at their core hold true, some people live this way without knowing it. The funny thing is once you do, you won't even realize it either, it's a funny paradox, just life. Check out "Working on yourself doesn't work". www.emotrance.com(the self help protocol, the rest can be confusing) Learn how to do deep circular breathing, focusing on your breath anytime you notice shallow breathing, or fragmeted breath. This helps with feeling(with emotrance too) and feeling spontaneous in your being and body. Any book by Jiddu Krishnamurti is very insightful for practical in your face advice. Sedona method is great, however I feel that most people go into it with the attitude of "taking action", and they all fall flat on their ass with that approach to it. If you do Sedona you HAVE to have the attitude of no expectations and wanting freedom more than you want explanations as to "why" you feel a certain way. At the very root of Sedona they say ALL your problems come from wanting approval, control, and security from others or set ways of looking at life. If you knocked those three out you wouldn't need Sedona. Also get Natural Brilliace if you can and simply make your goal in the course to have NB in every single aspect in your life. You will be roaring with joy. But like my Jujitsu instructor told us one time in class "do it right! do it wrong! but do something!" Everything else takes care of itself. And you know it's true that it's either life or death, that simple. We can surrender to the flow and live happily with infinte choices and joy, or we can try to run around and fit some "formula" and take years off our life from all the stress that it takes to do so. You and everyone around you is better off when you surrender and drop the formula. There is so much strength in that. Peace to you my friend.

Shane RMT

Oh and BTW I'm not trying to bash Holosync because I know it's helped some people, but I've seen more replies on boards and feedback of how it isn't that great. The reason is because the binurals(and the way the binurals are constructed) often times cause unecessary cathartic reactions that are pushing on emotions with force instead of letting them naturally flow. You then have to deal with these induced anxiety states with sheer tortorous toleration. Often times when people simple take a nonjudgemental look at their life they will automatically see what they're doing, who they hang around, and all the rigid ways of living that causes the suffering in the first place. The holosync way seems to have it backwards(even though one CD is supposed to give you endorphins for a while, big deal, you can get endorphins in millions of natural ways) Plus it encourages a "state of waiting", like "man I'll really feel good once I reach level 3!" When in reality everything that one needs is right where you are. My personal view of Holosync is that while they may be skilled at making binural beats, they are mainly good at advertising, the power of semantic suggestion, charge way too much for the various programs, and have split the program into waaaay too many levels. To me I would only use holosync maybe for induction with a script, maybe. Just my 3 cents.

Again, I'm not better than anyone, but I am a happy person with loads of ambition. Never took pills, didn't having verbal boxing matches with a therapist. We all have it man. It's around us and within us. Lose the formula!!

Learning Strategies Admin

I'd be inclined to look at Sedona Method for general depression.

Natural Brilliance would be a good choice if your depression is the kind that stops you from doing what you need to be doing. Giving you a way to move ahead in spite of your depression holding you back. Action is one way of getting over depression. The you know what you got to do but can't be bothered doing it kind of depression.

Also Resiliency would be a good course to look at for dealing with the burnout and job search if they are the cause of your depression that course is for bouncing back from setback. Select this one if you are feeling lost type of depression. The not knowing what to do and feel like you are picking yourself up by the bootstraps byt don't know why you should deptression.

Another thing that has been shown to help overcome depression is Spring Forest Qigong, and I belive this is true for exercise in general. Starting and sticking with an exercise program will usually help too.

The choices are there. Depending on which course you choose you will need to make a commitment to work with it daily for about a month. Although you'll notice the depression lifting in almost immediately you need to stick with it for a month to prevent backsliding.

Alex

Jo Jo Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks everyone, However I do own Natural Brilliance. How would I frame it if my depression is keeping me from sticking with jobs. What I mean is what do I put into my left hand/right hand-notice, and what do I put into my lh/rh respond?

You might want to put the benefits and detriments of feeling hopeless and then the benefits and detriments of actually doing what you thought you coudn't.

I had a girlfriend who had a long history of problems with severe depression. We talked about it on several occassions. At one point I asked her, "Did the therapists ever ask you, 'If one day you woke up and found out that you were completely cured of your depression, what would that be like?'" She said no, they hadn't. And then we had a long discussion about the consequences of living without depression.

She told me that the thought scared her. "I've lived so long with depression," she said, "that I don't know who I'd be without it. I am afraid that I would no longer be me, that I'd lose myself." "Do you think," I asked, "that this has kept you from getting over it?" "I think it's part of it," she answered.

I am not saying that this is the case for you, but these issues are not always so simple and cut and dried. The therapists saw depression as merely something bad and something to get rid of. Their thinking process was notably superficial as were their results. None of them discussed the consequences of the therapy being successful with the client, which was a big mistake.

A good thing about the natural brilliance method is that this form of ecology check is integral to the process.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited September 19, 2004).]

For notice try observing the times when you are not depress, what are you doing, what are you thinking. Notice also when depression is strongest, what are you doing, what are you thinking, observe what is already working in reducing depression even for a few minutes of the day and what is not. You are looking for possible action that you could take that will help you overcome depression for longer periods.

For Respond, Take the ideas that you gained from noticing and then select what you would like to put into action. Knowing what works and what doesn't work.

It is important to remember that you will Witness what happens and the cycle starts over again. So there is no one right choice. The true right choice is a starting point and follow through to test it out and you keep testing till you find what works for you.

Alex

Do something positive for yourself that can be measureable. When I reached your state, I set certain objectives. I found opportunities just waiting for me. I remember saying to one employer, that it wouldn't matter how long it took, I was going to work for him someday. The offer materialized in about a month. I find "releasing" to be most beneficial. I love the Sedona method, but for your types of questions (such as Babayada illustrates), I would use Larry Cranes CD's. He asks you to "squeeze the lemon", and release on the extremes. i.e - what if you could never let go of depression? Then the other side. What if you never, ever, had any depression, and so on. I find it works very well.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved