Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15493 10/22/04 09:51 AM
OP Offline

Has anyone else read and played with Win Wenger's Beyond O.K.?

It's a fairly old book, but it's a good one. There is an emphasis on various forms of breathing and imagining, and I've found the exercises to be extremely powerful and entertaining.

Some simple exercises have affected me more powerfully than most forms of hypnosis and meditation.

Some exercises are sort of like breathing into images and affirmations and involve the whole body with the breath. I find that the use of breath and the entire body puts an incredible amount of power into the image and affirmation ... or, rather, they all work together to have a powerful response. This is especially true when they all match aesthetically (for lack of a better way of putting it). The feeling is a lot like dancing to really good music.

There is this cleansing breath where you imagine that negativity is being swept up and away from your body in synchrony with your breath. I was listening to music while doing it, doing it to the music, and the whole experience became extremely powerful. Later, after I was finished, I had a whole series of images, sensations, and memories spontaneously occur where things were being swept up out of me. It was very emotional and very powerful. I was left stunned for a moment, thinking, "Holy crap ... this stuff really works."

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited October 22, 2004).]

#15494 10/23/04 04:13 AM

Hi Babayada,

Can you please talk more about using breath with visualization? I am interested in learning more about this. Thanks.

#15495 10/23/04 09:33 AM
OP Offline

One of the techniques has you imagine that you're breathing in air from the bottoms of your feet up into your body, all the way up to your nose.

I added music to it, so it was like I was breathing in air and the sound of the music I really liked up through me.

You are also supposed to imagine that this air is blowing debris and stuff in various parts of your body around and out. When it swirls out of your body, it flares, burning up with positive white light energy, the clean, cleansing energy of life.

So, you breathe in with these breaths. I was doing so in rhythm with the music, and the experience was becoming very involving and powerful. It was almost like dancing with subtle body movements. I could feel the muscles of my body tense and release as it kind of massaged up the air from my feet to my head along with the music. And I started to feel the music in my body with the breath.

All of my senses were involved and my body movement with the breath guided by the rhythm of the music was involved, too.

I then took that feeling of flow and energy and started breathing into images I found pleasing and desirable. Breathing into them and out of them with the music, with the swirling energy from my feet to my head. I'd breath out into it, too.

Sometimes I played with breathing from whatever image I had in my mind, in and out, and it was quite powerful.

You might try doing the same. It was like a subtle, powerful dance. Almost like casting a spell.

I think when you involve the whole nervous system and all senses in this way, you bring the full power of your body and mind congruently into whatever it is you're doing.

#15496 10/26/04 07:49 PM

I agree with Babayada. This book is a great resource. I would like to see a revision,the book is badly written and presented.
I have suggested elsewhere that this would be a great source for some LSC courses.

#15497 10/27/04 04:58 AM
OP Offline

Nick,

Heh, I kinda like the bad presentation. Reminds me of one of those tacky, old school hacker text files where you learned secret stuff.

I would really LOVE to see LSC or someone else turn it into a course. Could you imagine short paraliminal exercises for what's in that book? That would be awesome.

#15498 10/27/04 09:03 AM

Babayada,
Yes it would be 'jaw dropping'. Another reason I would like to see it revised is so that it reaches a wider audience. I would love to see what Paul or Peter would make of this source material.

Nick

#15499 10/27/04 06:45 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

We might just be doing a Natural Brilliance/Genius Code Retreat next summer with new twists and turns.

More to come after the first of the year.

#15500 10/27/04 07:07 PM
OP Offline

So you're talking about a retreat that is a mixture of both of them? That's really intriguing.

#15501 10/29/04 08:41 AM

Babayada,

What kind of music were you listening too during the meditation?

#15502 10/29/04 09:47 AM
OP Offline

Ancient Echoes.

A really great set of "ancient" russian liturgical chants. Purely vocal.

Remarkably deep and solid bassy voices in a lot of those pieces.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved