Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15570 11/17/04 04:18 PM
OP Offline

Hello Suzie,

You told in your message that you completed 12-plus years of the Centerpointe Research program and although ýou found it helpful, you could not say it was life-altering.

Me (and a lot of other holosync users) are very curious about your experiences, becauswe we have the idea that 12 years of holosync should be lifechanging as promised by Bill Harris.

Your reaction would be appreciated very much

Best regards,
R.

#15571 11/17/04 08:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rick2004:
Hello Suzie,

You told in your message that you completed 12-plus years of the Centerpointe Research program and although ýou found it helpful, you could not say it was life-altering.

Me (and a lot of other holosync users) are very curious about your experiences, becauswe we have the idea that 12 years of holosync should be lifechanging as promised by Bill Harris.

Your reaction would be appreciated very much

Best regards,
R.

#15572 11/17/04 09:26 PM

Hi Rick,

After posting my message, I've been struggling with whether or not my expectations of the program were realistic. I loved doing the meditations and felt the discipline was good for me. I experienced quite a bit of "overwhelm" along the way and also some deep emotional healing; however, it seemed no matter how long I continued during the "overwhelm" periods, the healing seemed incomplete somehow until I worked it out in therapy (with a Buddhist teacher).

My husband and I were both in therapy with this teacher for ten years, but only I was doing HS at the time. My husband experienced as much, if not more, healing than I did.

It's so hard to explain and I know I might sound hypocritical when I say I'd still do the program again. My expectation at the beginning was that by the time I finished I would feel much "clearer" than I actually do. Going back, even before HS, I had these occasional periods (very infrequent and fleeting) when I would feel almost fully "awake" and "aware," along with a deep understanding of life. The knowledge I gleaned during these periods seemed to evaporate, though, much as a dream does. Anyway, I believed that by the time I would have completed all the levels I would be experiencing this state much of the time, and I don't, so here is where I'm disappointed. Also, I feel a little lost since finishing: "What now?"

I hope this makes sense to you -- it's difficult to find words. I'd find it very helpful if you could let me know your expectations of sticking with the program, and perhaps then I can better reexamine my own.

Thanks for writing. I certainly don't want to discourage anyone from the program, but want to be honest. Good luck.

Suzie

#15573 11/18/04 12:53 AM

Suzie,

I think you're saying a lot.

I think there is a great amount of self-torture in hoping for enlightenment.

It's not hypocritical at all to say you'd do it again. We all need something to do with our time, something meaningful to us. It didn't bring where they said you'd be, but obviously the ride carried value for you.

I like what Shunryu Suzuki says about practice. You don't practice for enlightenment, you practice to practice.

Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind is a really really good book.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved