Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15598 12/08/04 09:53 AM
purjo Offline OP
OP Offline

Since my last post I re-started doing SFQ exercises, namely the 7 steps. I felt it very powerfully. (Of course, because my mind suggested that it's time to start again. So I was "ready" for it ).

Now, after only a couple of days of doing this exercise, I feel good, I feel calm, stable, balanced, etc.

And there is a big BUT. I don't feel much any kind of motivation! I can recognise very clearly that feeling good and not motivated are connected. Obviously I have been motivating myself by stress (urgent internal dialugue) and it does not work anymore. And I don't know any other way! I mean I do know lots of ways, but none of them are available for me right now.

Hmmm. I don't feel particularly bad about this situation (Yeah, sure, that's obvious! ) Just a little bit concerned in an entirely new situation. Would it be time for applying all the future planning skills I've learned from various sources? Or something else? Hmmmhmmmhmmm..... <trying to think>

What other goals or wishes do I have other than feeling good? I've been struggling so long and hard to feel good, I've forgotten what for I would like to feel good in the first place. (!!)

Anyway, I guess this will pass. I'm just curious what will happen!

In some of my own experience from practising SFQ, as the energy channels open up it does tend to release some stuck emotions. Some of it was below your awareness and some of it has gone, like what you mention now where you are in a different place and don't have to do things because of the underlying stress but you feel you have a lack of motivation.

Sometimes when you have just hit a new plateau it is a good time for you to rest and let your body adjust to the new way of operating. Sometimes you have this "Body Knowing" thing going on where consciously it seems like nothing is going on but your body is making many changes that are not obvious on the surface.

You can ask "The Masters" for guidance on this issue and see what comes up. You can also explore yourself and find the emotions that do give you motivation in life and start adding them to your life while in meditation.

Personally I think you just came to a peaceful place and deserve a well deserved break while your body adjusts.

by purjo:
"I don't feel much any kind of motivation!"

Maybe you need to switch gears, by first switching to neutral... and not so much reving in first with a passion... I suspect the next gear carries the solution and posture you seek... That the mind is manual, and automatic...

"I do know lots of ways, but none of them are available for me right now."

Maybe the ways available aren't the ones you need...

"Would it be time for applying all the future planning skills I've learned from various sources?
I've forgotten what for I would like to feel good in the first place."

So now you know what it feels like when good hasn't got a solid base...
Isn't that something like a windmil being built from the blades to the ground... or like a transport choosing the runout...
It sill looks like "changing gears" is the cure...

[Note: username changed from Life to cosmicbrat]

[This message has been edited by Life (edited January 10, 2005).]

Hi Purjo

I have read quite a bit about bipolar sufferers. They experience extreme highs and great motivation with their highs. That is just one example that shows feeling good and motivated at the same time is very much a possibility. A pathological example I know so it might be a bit of a strange reassurance.

I know you're into Bandler - check out his Tenacious Resolve CD in the Personal Enhancement series. The Tenacious Res. session promotes drive without stress.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved