Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi

An NLP Practitioner scrambled my strategy while I held in mind the belief "I'll never have a girlfriend". I have a mental illness, what can I expect from that NLP technique? Are there precautions? or 'contraindications' when using that technique?

Thanks,
Grant

He should have scrambled the "I have a mental illness." affirmation as well if not you'll just wind up with a mentally ill girlfriend. You don't need that, believe me.

What exactly did he do to scramble your belief?

Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Eye movements. He signalled with his hands to me to move my eyes.

Grant... I have some answers, but I need some information about you...

How far and deep can you take a specific thought, into your mind?

Describe where it stops, and the ramifications accociated with a stop, or wall...

Define in your own words and in your complete understanding, "Go through the fire"... Without! doing any research on it... Just pull the answer from your own thinking processes...

Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

CosmicBrat:
quote:
Define in your own words and in your complete understanding, "Go through the fire"

Are you trying to gauge how literally I translate an idiomatic expression?

Okay I'll give it a bash:

"Go through the fire" sounds like an idiomatic expression describing a self-growth process, for example the only way to actually learn how to date a woman is to actually do it. Another example would be the Holosync experience of upheaval, very painful but necessary to proceed to the next level of learning or growth. Generally, I think it describes a growth experience which is very painful but also necessary to proceed further.

I did not do any research on that question, however I have been tested by doctors before on other idioms.

As to the other two questions:

quote:
How far and deep can you take a specific thought, into your mind?

Describe where it stops, and the ramifications accociated with a stop, or wall...

I have programmed a card game exactly like FreeCell. But I have a problem with reading and concentration. I stop from a feeling of saturation and fatigue.

Have you got enough information to satisfy you Cosmicbrat?

Please tell me what you're up to!

Regards
Grant

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited January 13, 2005).]

Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi again,

I seem to be okay from the effect of the technique now, however I don't think I did my part as well as I could have. When he did the eye movements I should have had a greater focus on the negative, to really recreate the feelings and sensations related with the negative issue I was working on. I have since done it again with the practitioner with much better effect working on a more specific aspect of that problem with excellent results. Several days later, instead of bitterness I usually feel when I slip into that pattern of thought, I felt my thoughts and feelings immediately flow right into euphoria. Funny thing is I tried to fight it, but I just could not get the bitterness. Amazing!

You can still reply Cosmicbrat, I'm still very interested in what you have to say.

Thanks
Grant

Yo Grant...

Re: "What am I up too"...

I read your talk of "NLP", and a "stuckness"... I see it as everybody has degrees of various mental illnesses... Heck! this culture and society is seriously very mentally ill...

I see it like you are a pure Being, with a little something stuck to it... like a new frypan with a little bit of burnt greese stuck to it... Underneath the greese is a pure clean newish frypan...

Are you familiar with the mind magic thingy in which you imagine pulling mud or guck off your Being, using your physical hand, and your cosmic hand superimposed?
Maybe you just need to clean your "frypan"...
I am doing this for myself, almost daily...
It seems there's no end to the damage this culture has caused my Being...
Sometimes I wonder what I'd be if I had been in a good wholesome atmosphere all my life... Trying to repair the Past is one hell of a task... and can be done with the right tools... which seems to be what this most of this forum is about...

Maybe your "mental illness" is really pure sanity showing itself... and the crazies only label you as they need, so to maintain their levels of doubt and non-reality, when facing truth and reality...
Maybe deep inside you just don't want a relationship, while some of you always does want to get in on some of the American dream... But without the bleeding hastles and pains...

"Define in your own words and in your complete understanding, "Go through the fire"

Are you trying to gauge how literally I translate an idiomatic expression?

Okay I'll give it a bash:

"Go through the fire" sounds like an idiomatic expression describing a self-growth process, for example the only way to actually learn how to date a woman is to actually do it. Another example would be the Holosync experience of upheaval, very painful but necessary to proceed to the next level of learning or growth. Generally, I think it describes a growth experience which is very painful but also necessary to proceed further.

I did not do any research on that question, however I have been tested by doctors before on other idioms.

As to the other two questions:

quote:How far and deep can you take a specific thought, into your mind?

I have programmed a card game exactly like FreeCell. But I have a problem with reading and concentration. I stop from a feeling of saturation and fatigue.

Have you got enough information to satisfy you Cosmicbrat?

Please tell me what you're up to!"

THERE IT IS! "saturation and fatigue..."

That's what's stopping you in your tracks...

To access more mind, you MUST be healthy...
"saturation and fatigue" indicates a serious lack of nutrition... Just on the otherside of that "saturation and fatigue" is 83% more mind, and eveything you dream of and wish for...

[This message has been edited by cosmicbrat (edited July 10, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited July 11, 2005).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved