Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#15682 01/13/05 08:50 AM
James63 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi, i have started reading abt Holosync from Centrepointe Research since i discovered that the new Paraliminals would be coupled with this technology. I found their website pretty interesting but would love to get more info from actual users of this technology. Is it true that it will help in developing the person mentally as in using more of their whole brained, having deeper and also less sleep, more energy, greater conscious and extraordinary awareness?
Sincerely hope that someone can help me by adressing this issues. Till then, carpe diem:-)

#15683 01/13/05 02:02 PM

I would highly recommend that you check out the following:
http://www.imusicseries.com/

and
http://www.transparentcorp.com

In my opinion, those products are much better than Holosync

#15684 01/13/05 03:01 PM

Hiya!

Ive used Holosync and that was kinda fun.

But onto Chuckiecows recommendations which I wonder about. Transparent Corporation seems okay. I havent studied their academic sources but at least theyve shown them. Imusic on the other hand doesnt show much other than anecdotal information. Who cares if CNN has said something totally general about bio-feedback? Is that a relevant white-paper supporting the product?

What seems even more disturbing (yes, I love Learningstrategies and dont think I would have learnt dynamic reading if there was no Photoreading) is that the same company is publishing a book about mind-expansion that has a copy of Photoread in it.
http://www.themindaccelerator.com/wisdomcapture/index.htm
"The infinity reading system.... ..Iread 25,000 words per minute..".

If Imusic works, thats cool. If Michael Chan from Sony has made that comment about Imusic Ill have to eat my hat.

/Tore

#15685 01/13/05 05:45 PM

I have been using hs for the past 8 months and am currently listening to Awakening Level 1 - CD #3. I did experience dramatic life changes during the first four months (Awkening Prologue) but that seems to have tapered off. At the time, I was really impressed, but now I wonder if I could not have achieved the same results with one of the other CD's (mentioned above) or perhaps http://www.awakenedminds.com/ for a lot less money? There is no way to really know.
Some things to consider with Holosync:

1. Neg: VERY, VERY high priced. The total cost over the (+/-)10 year program is about $3,000. And that is just for the CD's, not for any of the other "amazing", "life altering" programs/courses that Bill Harris (agressively) sells, or the cost of any retreats.
Pos: If you really benefit from the program, it is worth every penny.

2. Neg: Which brings us to the Centerpointe advertising/sales approach, better described as a frontal assault and insult to one's intelligence. Bill must have been a used car salesman, lawyer, or circus barker in a former life.
Pos: If you can look beyond Bill, the program does seem to work, at least in the early stages.

3: Neg: The long term effects are VERY sketchy, unproven, uncertain and undocumented. The EZboard posts often cite extreme overwhelm that manifests in both mental and physical pain. And I know of at least 2 people who dropped out during the later stages of the program. There seems to be a suggestion/concern that HS is holding one in a deep delta state for too long a time period. (???)
Pos: You have to accept the fact that all of this technology is experimental and just "take your chances".

4. Neg: The end result? At one time, Holosync was called "The End", but what can one realistically expect after 10 years and $3,000? Centerpointe claims there are over 400 people who have completed the program, yet I have only heard from two - Bill Harris himself, and one SuzieQ who has posted on this board.
Bill cannot be deemed an example for obvious ecconomic reasons, and further because he really didn't experience the program in it's present format. He experimented extensively with binural technology and consequently was exposed to a vast array of stimulus; He probably couldn't reproduce his own experience if he tried. I think the present version of Holosync "something like" his experience.

As for SuzieQ, she was NOT a happy camper. After a long exchange of "opinions", Centerpointe finally did offer her personal councelling. (I don't know if she accepted the offer)?

Where are the other 400+ people who have completed the program?/ If their experience was positive (HS changed their life in a dramatic way), one would think they would be all over the NET extolling the virtues of this wonderful technology. On the contrary, the silence of these "graduates" is deafening.

Pos: I think we have to view HS, or any other program as a process, or journey, rather than as a means to a specific goal, or end. Perhaps that is why Centerpointe changed the name of the program.

Whatever you decide, take advantage of the "Support Letters" posted on the EZboard.

[This message has been edited by caddepa (edited January 13, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by caddepa (edited January 13, 2005).]

#15686 01/13/05 05:51 PM

James;

I have used Holosync now for about 3 years, just completing Level 4 Awakening. It has made a big difference in my life. My Wife also started after seeing alot of good changes in me as well. It has made home life alot better and both our careers have done alot better too.

As far as less sleep, yes that has happened for me. I love to sleep but occasionally I get up in the middle of the night with a brain storm and go write or create something for several hours all alone and then go back to bed for a couple hours. I seem to always wake up rested.

It is a growth type process like weight lifting so trying to rush it along is not the best thing. As you grow you find you need additional tools like Sedona Method or Spring Forest Qigong.

You intuition increases, when you get stressed out I find it much easier to stay focused on what I am trying to achieve and it usually happens (or something better).

It is about a 12 year program to do the whole thing. There are alot of distractions alot the way, like the newest best thing out there. I find it better to accomplish the task at hand rather than go chasing the latest fad. Although you can add alot of things onto the Holosync Meditation like Learning Strategies Courses. Education stays with you forever.

I know where I came from in the last 3 years and it has been worth it for me. You do go through growing pains.

My Mother always tells me jokingly, "Getting old ain't for wimps". Holosync sorta falls in the same category. I think about this when I'm going through one of those evolutionary moments.

Jeff

#15687 01/13/05 09:50 PM

Dear John (Caddepa),

As you probably know, I've been reluctant to post for some time. Your earlier post, especially your fourth point, spoke to what has become both my biggest dilemma concerning the Holosync issue and my primary reason for having stopped posting: the silence of the other 400+ "graduates."

Until and unless I can compare my own experience with the experience of some of the others, I don't feel I have anything of value to contribute. My predicament is that I can't honestly come down on one side or the other. One would think that having completed all twelve levels, a person would be able to give some definitive advice, but the truth is, I have as many questions as everyone else.

If it were to turn out that the other graduates are indeed "blissed out" (as Bill claims they are) I would, despite my personal disappointment, become a vocal proponent of the technology, cautioning people to take my results with a grain of salt. But if it turns out my experience is not anomalous after all, I would become an equally vocal detractor. It's very frustrating that I don't have anyone who's also finished the program to talk to about this.

During my time on HS, I really didn't give Bill Harris a second thought, just quietly went about the program. Other than reading the support letters and making the occasional calls to order a new level, I had no contact with Centerpointe and no opinion either way. After participating on the Centerpointe board and learning how CRI had responded to other posters about my experience, I did form an opinion, and not a flattering one. I resented their quick dismissal of me -- "she had unrealistic expectations," "she was just someone wanting a new life handed to her on a plate," "she didn't have a clear focus...," etc.

Many seem satisfied that Bill's over-the-top advertising encourages people to participate in the program. I'm not a fan of the "ends justify the means" philosophy, especially to have it used against me when I express some disappontment: I basically felt they called me an idiot for ever having believed what they themselves had told me.

Still, with all that said, I never did (and still can't) say that the technology isn't worthwhile for most people. I will have to continue to be frustrated with the silence of the graduates.

John, I think your advice was excellent -- unemotional and realistic.

Sincerely,
Cilla

#15688 01/14/05 04:48 AM

jeffdngr,

Congratulations on your progress with HS. I did not mean to belittle the program, or its users, (being one myself). And I agree that meditating with the aid of HS can create positive changes in one’s life. I just wonder how much HS contributes to the process?

I recently began attending a weekly “sitting” of Vipassana devotee’s, just a small group of people who meet at one person’s home. In talking with them, they all relate how much meditation has improved, and enriched their lives, without the aid of HS or any other binaural CD. I doubt that I could have, initially, meditated without the “crutch”, or “training wheels”, provided by binaural entrainment; but I wonder just how much of the positive gains can be attributed directly to HS and how much is simply the result of meditating (one full hour a day) on a regular basis? Could we have accomplished the same results with a less expensive binaural CD, or simply by disciplining ourselves to meditate daily?

I plan to continue with HS, at least short term.

Cilla (SUZIEQ),

I was reluctant to use your name, and am very glad that you didn’t take offense. I really had no choice, since you are the only paying customer (as far as I know) who has completed the entire Holosync program and lived to tell about it. And I am glad to know that you are still alive. Welcome back.

I, too, wish other “graduates” would come forward to tell their story; Good, bad or indifferent. This is getting eerie, something is not right here.

John

#15689 01/14/05 01:07 PM

Personally I have the past 3 weeks more results from the C'D's of Xtreme Minds (xtrememind.com) than with 10 years of holosync.

#15690 01/14/05 02:44 PM
James63 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Guys, thanks for your replies, i really learned a lot from all your contributions. I understand that there are many sites on the internet offering courses which seems like a shortcut to enlightenment or various degrees of it. Living in singapore, it is virtually impossible to physically check all these courses except via the internet so its great that we have a forum such as this to voice our experience. Thus far, i have only used Hemi-Sync technology and I have always been happy with the results hemi-sync gave me. I even use it to get into a whole brained, relaxed state of mind when i do photoreading for my degree course and also general reasons. I was jus curious by Harris claim that his technology was better then Hemi-sync and was wondering whether if anyone had tried both, to tell me the difference between the 2 experience. Granted, i am aware that Holosync seems to be a developmental course while Hemi-sync seems to be going on a journey or whole brained state only during the duration of the CD play. LAst but not least, someone wrote abt how CDs from extrememind have given them more results then Holosync. I was wondering which CDs' from Extreme Mind did he meant. I have tried MLF Babe the commercial version from Extreme Mind and can safely say that it works for me, I effortlessly attract more women and am very comfortable & relaxed in their company. Ok guys, hope someone can answer my queries, truly thankful for the advices and opinions so far, thank you:-)

#15691 01/14/05 04:46 PM

Rick2004,

Did you complete the entire Holosync program over a period of 10 years? If so, there are a number of people who would appreciate some feedback on your experience.

Why didn't you mention this during your post on the SuzieQ thread? She could have used your support.

John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved