Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15707 01/20/05 01:17 PM
Igraz Offline OP
OP Offline

I have so far successfully managed to induce time distortion either through high speed imaging (by playing Quake3 at 150-170+% game speed, through speed reading, etc..), or by listening to a metronome at 60 BPM and meditating, whilst saying to myself that the metronome is slowing down, the gaps in between the clicking are becomming longer, etc...

I have experienced relatively extreme time distortion at least 20 times so far, where the world appears to move in slow motion, etc... And then after a certain amount of time my brain gradually goes back to it's normal speed, and everything appears normal again. But i'm worried that one day i'll enter a time distorted state of mind and then it wont wear off, and i'll end up having the world appear in slow motion without having to induce it first.

Although some people may think this would be cool, since you would have faster reflexes, quicker thinking, competitive edge on sports, learn things quicker, etc, it does have massive drawbacks too though. Like when you are waiting in a queue, or around people that you feel uncomfortable with, a few seconds could feel like an hour had passed, etc..

Anyway, I would just like to know if you think that through inducing Time Distortion regulary, there is a danger of my brain staying in that state of mind for good, since repetition tends to make things more permanent in your brain?

[This message has been edited by Igraz (edited January 20, 2005).]

#15708 01/20/05 01:34 PM

Igraz hello

Time Distortion, is something that i have been playing with for years and years, fast as well as slow, Time Distortion.. and the only thing, that i would consider a draw back is that i never learnt it way before i did, your brain/ mind-body system won't lock you into or out of state, because you have control.

#15709 01/21/05 05:36 AM

What's the best source for reading about this? Is only Bandler talking about it?

#15710 01/21/05 08:53 AM

HiTore i do have to say that it was through Bandler that i started to play with time disortion, Milon H Erickson, published a book all about time distortion, yet the title as not popped into my mind yet when it does , ill post it up.

I would be very happy to post a article aka a hypnotic induction with some simple steps of how to use time distortion.

#15711 01/21/05 11:01 AM

I haven't had much luck with time distortion, other than being able to reproduce that waiting for the clock to reach 3:15 sensation I knew so well in high school.

I have never experienced time slowing down as athletes or people in acccidents and near accidents do. I have avoided accidents, but in doing so time did not slow down, rather my body simply reacted intelligently faster than my head could think.

I've noticed that in saber fencing that after a while you can clearly perceive moves that once appeared as a blur, but there is no attending sensation that time is slower, vision is simply clearer.

If anyone has any tips, please share.

#15712 01/22/05 02:18 PM

One of the things Richard Bandler talks about with time distortion is chunk size. It is a matter of the reference you have for the passage of time. Big chunks and time seems to pass quickly. Small chunks and time seems to pass slowly.

Try this. Consider one minute in relation to what happens to you during one year. Then consider one minute in relation to what happens in terms of one-tenth of a second. I've never tried it with a clock or metronome.

In order to experinece a sense of time dialation you can ask your self, "what is happening now, now, now?" You make the chunk size for time perception smaller and smaller in order to get finer and finer (more and more) slices.

You can read more about it in "Time for a Change" by Richard Bandler (ISBN-916990-28-1)in which he spends 46 pages or so on the subject.

Ruminations - time, past, present, and future. People (zen, etc.) say all there is is the now. All we can perceive is the now, delayed by the sensory transit time and subsequent reconstruction "inside."

So by controlling our perception of the now we control our perception of the passage of time. Past is a reconstruction in the present. Future is a projection in the now.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved