Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Hi Garics,

No, apart from Mindstim, I haven't tried any other Tomatis-type soundtracks.
I've recently noticed a slight improvement in my hearing, but I have no idea if it's due to Holosync, Mindstim, better overall health (I now ilve in the tropical French West Indies where the weather is warm 365 days a year, which helps a lot !), or just paying extra attention to what's happening around me...

I've heard some very bad things about Tomatis (although he's a compatriot). Reports of ear and brain damage due to use of his methods. This was told to me by a speach therapist with first-hand experience. I, myself, have noticed nothing fist-hand, so I have no real opinion on the subject.

Erwan

quote:
Originally posted by Erwan:

I've heard some very bad things about Tomatis (although he's a compatriot). Reports of ear and brain damage due to use of his methods. This was told to me by a speach therapist with first-hand experience.

Erwan,

Well if your speech therapist has first hand experience with ear and brain damage then maybe he's in the wrong line of work!

Seriously, someone COULD quite possibly experience brain damage from listening to the Tomatis soundtracks.... if they were banging their head against the CD player while listening to the tracks. Other than that, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

I would love to hear this guy's evidence, though.

Hi Garics,

My post was slightly unclear, please excuse me.

I'll have to be more precise :

The speech therapist I've talked with told me that she WINTESSED first-hand the damage that some of Tomatis's methods could do : she had patients who happened to be also on Tomatis and who got permanent ear buzzing, partial earing loss, and even cases of punctured ear-drums. She herself got permanent ear-buzzing from trying Tomatis listening sessions, and says she was able to cure herself, but now definitely discourages anyone from doing anything related to Tomatis. Having met the guy several years ago, before his death, she reports having had the following verbal exchange with him :
"You know most of your methods don't work or can be dangerous, don't you ?" (She's a great person, but quite obnoxious), to which he replied coolly : "Yes, I know. But I don't really care. My family runs the business and the marketing. I just want to get the cash so I fund my research !"

Pretty scary !

Of course it's her word against the world's. Personally I find the account disturbing, and since she's a really good practitionner, I tend to trust her. But since I never witnessed any of the damage she reports with my own eyes (or ears), I won't bet my head on it.
I just wanted you guys to get this piece of testimony, since it's the topic of this thread.

Personally I still use the Mindstim soundtrack from time to time, but not on a regular basis.

Erwan

i have used mindstim on a regular basis, as well as the joudry product and the samonas product which incorporate the tomatis technology.
for a total of hundreds of hours over a few years.

and no negative side effects to report.
only positive effects from using these products....less need for sleep, increased energy, greater concentration and creativity, greater personal awareness.
my friends and family members have also sampled these tracks on occassion. and not a punctured eardrum anywhere in sight.

furthermore, these products are sold by toolsforwellness, which i have always found to be an extremely ethical company, which doesnt sell anything the employees do not use themselves. i find it highly unlikely that they would continue to offer these products if there were reports from users indicating some kind of result like your friend described.

additionally, there are books written about the tomatis procedure, indicating the overwhelming positive effects it has had in the lives of many individuals. apparently your scientist friend ignored, did not seek out, and was not made aware of this evidence when she supposedly made this generalized and uninformed remark to tomatis that the technology does not work.

since she is capable of overgeneralizing like this without looking at all the evidence, only her tiny little personal fraction, i am not inclined to trust anything else she says.
as far as her supposed encounter with tomatis, i believe that your friend is lying/fabricating the story out of whole cloth, or at the very best, grossly misrepresenting what tomatis himself actually said.

if she actually did use something and it produced the results you are describing, then i dont believe it was an actual professionally produced tomatis soundtrack.

if your friend disagrees, perhaps she can explain the mechanism of action by which a classical music recording with low frequency sound filtered out would be capable of puncturing a human eardrum eardrum.

she oughtta have a pretty good explanation for this, being that shes a scientist, after all.

Hello, I need help with someone close by that has learned to use one of the ear vice things. A lot of dizziness, pressure in the head and a voice that talks. Thought I was crazy and he made errors. My husband is fully aware that we cannot stop him and the police would not begin to understand. How do I stop him.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved