Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15817 02/02/05 02:04 PM
OP Offline

Has anyone tried the Awakened Mind System by Dr Jeffrey Thompson? The CD is developed using brain entrainment technology, and is supposed to put the brain in a state similiar to that of experienced meditators and yogis, based on the analysis of their brain waves using EEGs.

According to studies of the EEGs by researchers such as Anna Wise and Jeffrey Thompson, the awakened brain wave state is composed, not of just one band of frequencies, such as alpha, or theta, but a complex pattern spanning the complete range of frequencies, including beta, alpha, theta and delta, all in different percentages relative to each other, comprising that "awakened mind state".

I have found it to be quite powerful. Besides, it costs just around $25.00 ...

[This message has been edited by InquiringMind (edited February 02, 2005).]

#15818 02/02/05 10:02 PM

Yeah, I have both CD's. It apparently elicits all 4 BW states. I get relaxed but remain awake on it. Kind of a mind awake-body asleep kind of thing. I've actually caught myself snoring, but I was awake. Nice ambient musical compositions too, if you dig ambience.

#15819 02/02/05 10:41 PM

I've done Awakened Minds (not sure if it is the same) and it rocks and shocks. Made me feel fantastic at times and dyslexic at others. So I've stoped using it since I can't be sure why my memory has been acting like crazy for the last couple of months. A bit disoriented is the thing. Completely sucks. It did seem as if Creation (as in Abundance, and not just financial) seemed quicker.

An other person who tried it got a lot of childhood memories bubbling up.

Awakened Minds that is. The holosyncish thingy. www.awakenedminds.com

Oh yeah, Concentration got me severe headaches. Seems like I'm the only one on the planet but that's too bad because they worked like a charm. I was superconcentrated and always finished my assignments before giving up for the day. Way cool. Perhaps I should try to listen to them a little bit now. It's been a while.

#15820 02/02/05 10:56 PM
OP Offline

Tore,

The one I was referring to is not the AwakenedMinds CD but the one by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson (I know, funny how they have the same name). This one, which is sold by Amazon is: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009L1TC/qid=1107384639/sr=8-6/ref=pd_bbs_6/104-3855117-4980759?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

I also have the one you mentioned, which is similiar in sound to Holosync. The one by Jeffrey Thompson, is quite different - it is almost hypnotic. I remember the first time I listened to it I was so relaxed that I felt paralyzed and could not move!

#15821 02/02/05 11:17 PM

Jeffrey Thompson's stuff is very interesting.

He's taken sounds from various planets and put them in some of his work.

I have the Egg of Time. It really is psycho-acoustic and beautiful, but in a very melancholy way, for me. Most of the tracks on that CD make me feel sad.

I bought his Ambient Sounds for Sleep and Delta Sleep System for my mother, who suffers from insomnia. She's never used it. I've listened to it, however, and they really are soothing ambient soundscapes that lull you to sleep.

Snoring while being awake ... that's pretty funny, and pretty amazing. The only time that's happened to me is when I've woken myself up from my own snoring, which was a pretty funny event.

The Awakened Mind System sounds very enticing ... and it's only ten or so bucks.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited February 02, 2005).]

#15822 02/02/05 11:29 PM

#15823 02/03/05 11:07 PM

Babayada, Do you ever wonder if Binaural Beats are just a placebo, and the entrainment mainly comes from the musical rhythms? I mean which is stronger, the beats or the beat??/

#15824 02/03/05 11:42 PM

Well, you would have to be able to convince cats that binaural beats are doing something to them, because research shows that binaural beats create changes in the brains of cats.

I think that all music is psycho-acoustic in that the sounds create changes in mental states (that's why we listen to it!).

Binaural beats do have an effect on the brain, according to research. For it to be a placebo effect an expectation has to be in place.

#15825 02/04/05 02:35 AM

Thanx Baba. Sometimes doubt is a good thing,Bandler said that too. I've been into BB's for 2&1/2 years now. I've used Thompson's products as well as Brainsync and downloaded BWgen,Dane Spotts, Synchronicity. I do believe BB's work. I have also have gone very deep using music with nature sounds too. Solitude's Pachelbel by the Sea is very relaxing. Entrainment is a fascinating subject.

#15826 02/04/05 06:33 AM

I think your points are good ones, Dragha.

We know that binaural beats work on animals, yet there is undoubtably some effect considering our notions about what we expect it will or will not do for us.

Sorry if I came off as being short with you.

Also, the beats in music, the way notes work together and affect our nervous systems, the way certain sounds affect us ... they are all important in considering the effects of music upon us.

I still go by what I have said previously, that we shouldn't think that only this stuff "designed" to affect our minds is what is really good at producing profound and helpful states of consciousness. A lot of really good stuff is not indicated for these purposes specifically, although the states they produce are why people buy them. The only difference is in the way people talk about them, really.

Thompson's stuff, even if you leave out the mumbo jumbo of psychoacoustics, is very interesting in its own right.

There is stuff out there that isn't labeled as being psychoacoustic or whatever that is really really good. Sphongle or Pink Floyd, for instance.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited February 04, 2005).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved