Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15979 02/24/05 03:00 PM
OP Offline

Hi

I want to chat to other new Holysync users. I've been doing the cd's for about 3 months usually at night which sends me to sleep.

What are your thoughts? Should I be trying to use the cds at other times of the day?

Heather

#15980 02/25/05 08:15 AM

#15981 02/25/05 04:27 PM
OP Offline

thanks

#15982 02/25/05 09:40 PM

Hi Smiley

I've been using holosync for some time now and I began listening at night after a couple of months. I did this partly because I couldn't find a free hour out of my day, especially once I was working on most days. I also felt I would process any overwhelm in my sleep, but I'm not sure if this is the case!

Jodi

#15983 03/18/05 04:44 PM

Hi Smiley,

Welcome to the board !

Personally I've found the most pleasant routine was to wake up early in the morning, when it's still night, go and sit in my living room and listen to Holosync for one hour (with a bottle of drinking water at hand that I can catch with my eyes closed if I get thirsty), then go back to bed once the meditation is over, sleep one hour and then wake up feeling fantastic !
I start Holosync at 4:30, go beck to bed at 5:30, and start my day at 6:30.
This makes my last hour of sleep feel absolutely fantastic, I wake up feeling super-fresh, and I still have the advantage of falling asleep and waking up in synch with my wife (she hated it when I'd come to bed an hour later than her, or woke up an hour earlier : she likes it when we do things together !)

I feel it's always best to do the meditation while sitting with one's back straight. But doing it lying down in bed before sleeping seems OK, just a bit less effective in the long run...

I hope this helps !

Erwan
I used

#15984 03/20/05 11:20 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Erwan:

I feel it's always best to do the meditation while sitting with one's back straight. But doing it lying down in bed before sleeping seems OK, just a bit less effective in the long run...

Erwan

This is something I have thought about for a while. I have been using Holosync for about 7 months now and invariably use it while lying down on my couch. I find this very comfortable though I often fall asleep. I have also had some doubts that I am meditating in the best way. Can I ask why you feel meditating with Holosync is best done sitting upright and why it might be less effective to do it lying down. I want to make sure I give myself the best shot doing Holosync and so far I cannot say I have gained a lot out of it, certainly nothing like the testimonials I often read. Any advice most welcome

Steve

#15985 03/20/05 09:36 PM

Hi,

The main difference between lying down compared to sitting up is your less inclined to go unconscious. Plus the energy apparently moves through the body easier as well. I believe its more to do with traditional meditation techniques however. Bill has said h/s is compatible with lying down and even while you sleep.

I lie down or otherwise sit in a recliner. Lying down has been more practical as there are other people still awake in the house when I'm doing my session, so its off to my bedroom. Its unusual that I fall to sleep but occasionally do go unconscious.

good luck

#15986 03/21/05 01:36 AM

Hi Heather, I just ordered mine but I asked that question prior to ordering. My coach recommended sitting up and being awake when listening to the holosync CD's.

#15987 03/22/05 09:14 PM

Hi Stevie,

I don't really have any explanation why meditating while sitting straight is better than lying down. It's true that classic meditation literature (for example see BK Frantzis's "Relaxing Into Your Being" and "The Great Stillness" books) say that meditation lying down is a technique only for the advanced meditator, because it's so hard not to fall asleep when one is lying... Although in the case of Holosync it's strongly advertized that falling unconscious is not a problem.

Here are the differences I felt when listening to Holosync sitting straight compared to lying down :
1) while sitting, I can focus on my position. As minutes pass by, this helps me align my back, and everything inside my body. It eases my breathing and gives me a physical sens of well being that lasts for a big part of the day. This doesn't happen when I do it lying down. For example if I have a back-ache before doing meditation, doing sitting meditation the way I justdescribed helps it go away for the rest of the day. Lying down , my back would feel OK during the whole time of the meditation, but the ache comes back very quickly after.
2) I have less tendency to fall asleep while sitting straight. This lets me enjoy the pleasant states of transe much more. Also the more I stay conscous during meditation, the more the calmness and peace of meditation seems to infuse into the rest of my day.
3) it just FEELS more effective. I just don't know hw to explain it, but it feels like there are more things coming to my consciousness, more realizations, and quicker progress in periods when I do it sitting straight versus times when I tend to get lazy and do it lying down...

I don't know how much this helps you. I hope it does a little !

Cheers,

Erwan

#15988 03/24/05 06:12 AM

I have used holosynce sine december 2004.I sit in a recliner and feel better this way.I used to listen before bed at first and went to sleep all the time.When i phoned the support line they told me that if i listend in bed and slept through every session all the time it would'nt be as effective over time and would take me longer to advance through the levels.I now sit up in a recliner and still seem to drift to sleep, but i awaken right when it's over.i feel better doing it this way too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved