Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15993 02/26/05 08:38 PM
OP Offline

Hello All,

Right now I am a trainee at a real estate firm. For 1 year (I am 1 month in now). I drive all over California to diffrent shopping centers. My goal/ purpose is to learn/ memorize the territory.

This Includes:
1) Knowing the intersection (ex. NorthEast Corner of Ventura & White Oak)
2) Knowing the tenants in the shopping center (ex. Ralphs, Savon, H&R Block)
3) The City the Shopping Center is in
4) Who the landlord or the broker for the property is
5) What type of area / type of people live in this area.
6) The shopping Centers Name

I have to know all this information for about 2000 shopping centers. I will see all these centers 2-4 times through out the year. The first time I go to a center I have not seen yet I draw it out on a yellow pad, and take pictures of the center. If anybody could please let me know how they would approch it so that I could have the best knowledge of the information after the year is done. Thanks in advance to any and all responders.

-Ben

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

I would write the information on index cards, what is where. create a large scale map. Know that if I want to remember something I need to keep it at the forefront of my mind and actively use it so I would play with it.

You asked on the Memory Optimiser forum whether that course could help with this. Yes it could. However I suggest that you do the course first. Not looking for ways to connect it on your first pass through. Once you've listened to the course and played witht he ideas independantly you'll see many ways you can adapt the ideas to help you.

Analograffiti could become maps, ABC list to name the businesses in a certain complex.

Demographics change so you'll learn not to lock into what type of people live there but find a flexible way to watch for changes.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved