Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16025 03/17/05 01:34 AM
OP Offline

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but the last few weeks, I have been feeling an almost constant feeling of anxiety. It could be re-labelled excitement, I'm not sure whether its excitement or anxiety.

Just a fluttery, weird feeling in my chest and stomach.

Its strange because I have always been a very even-tempered, easygoing person, who doesn't feel anxiety/excitement very often. But it has been almost constant for the last month or so.

Does anyone have any idea what I should do? I've tried repeating 'calm' silently to myself, but this doesn't always work, or else it will work for a few minutes and then I will go back to how I was.

As I said, it could just as easily be excitement as anxiety, so I'm not sure if its positive or negative.

Any comments/advice welcome. Thanks.

#16026 03/17/05 10:11 AM

What you need most is a feeling of peace. The best way I know that can bring peace to you is meditation. You don't have to be an expert to be able to meditate. simply site silently for a 20 minutes period, observe your feeling, don't judge it, simply observe. You will quickly regain your peace.

Anxiety comes from mismatch of subconscious and conscious desires. Mediation is a way to make you be aware of your subconsicous desires.

I hope this will help.

Song chengxiang

#16027 03/17/05 04:39 PM

Is there any way of controll or program subconscious desire. There are times when fullfilling subconscious desires is not feasible or has dire consequences.

#16028 03/18/05 04:58 AM

The Anxiety Free paraliminal is pretty effective at reducing anxiety.

#16029 03/18/05 05:27 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

i've learned never to block or ignore sudden bouts of anxiety whether highs or lows. I've found that I'm picking up information that is important to me.

Notice what your thought were just before the anxiety attack. It clues you on something not being right or about to change in your life.

If the anxiety is habitual then use Anxiety Free.

Oh as an example I had sudden bouts of anxiety attacks in the year 2000. They always occured when topic about mum came up about 2 weeks later she informed me she had breast cancer. All is fine now and was okay then too. But I picked up on her anxiety I am suspicious she was already worried about it but didn't tell us. So the anxiety can be something you're picking up from family or close friends not your own. Something like an exciting new postition but... can be creating anxierty for someone and registering with you.

Anxiety Free is definately useful to prevent it from carrying over into other areas where it doesn't belong.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited March 17, 2005).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved