Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16079 04/11/05 03:48 AM
OP Offline

I grew up in an alcoholic environment and for those that dont know, it's really messed me up mentally and emotionally. It has led to low self-esteem, depression, anxiety, loss of identity, etc. I dated a girl for about two years and all my problems seemed to be non-existent. We broke up about three months ago and all of my past feelings and ways of thinking are all coming back worse then ever on top of feeling depressed about the break up. Can anything from learning strategies help me get over the break up and deal with my old past which has come to haunt me? I'm in therapy right now to attempt to deal with those past problems, but I want some that will aid the healing process.

#16080 04/12/05 03:36 AM

The first thing I would reccommend is that you decide to get out of this rut. The second is that you sit down with pen and paper and deide what direction you are going towrds. It doesn't really matter just pick a goal and get moving towards it. Don't try and move away from your past.

Usually when a person's energy level is low they get alot of the things you speak of. You mention the healing process and for these reasons I would reccommend Spring Forest Qigong. Take advantage of the weekend healing meditation as well. With daily practice you should see a big improvement.

Jeff

#16081 04/13/05 01:36 AM

DC:
My father was an alcoholic so I know the chaos you speak of. For me attending Al-Anon meetings helped to relieve the pain. Some towns have meetings just for adult children of alcoholics but if these specific meetings are not held in your town, it doesn't matter. Get into a regular meeting because 12 step groups can change your life.

Heartbeat

#16082 05/30/05 08:37 AM

I have a lot of compassion for your situation, because I know how it does feel like to have parents who are not balanced. I had to escape from them when I was about 22 years old. It took me many years of meditation practise to recover a bit from the damage they did to me.
I think that you have good luck that you have met the programs of Learning Strategies.
I think that it's important to have a regular practise (like meditation with Holosync of Centerpointe, the Sedona method or programs from Learningstrategies). Their CD's can help you to find a new basis for your life. They can help you to get more balanced, more stable and to get more competent to deal with the different issues of life. At the same time they do not great any dependency towards a physical "master" who might abuse of his power and you can listen to CD's whenever you have time.
I myself had a very difficult past. I use regularily holosync meditation from Centerpointe, the Sedona method and courses from Learningstrategies. I look at it as an investment for my future and I practise and look at these courses as my personal path and as a substitute for ordinary meditation practise.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved