Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Igraz Offline OP
OP Offline

There's a couple of questions I would like answered about brainwave entrainment, if anyone on here can help me:

01) If I was to regulary use programs like 'brainwave generator, BrainSoundStudio' etc, throughout the day to make myself more awake/alert, can that mess up my internal body clock, since the brain frequencies are forced upon my brain using binaural/monaural beats, etc, rather than them comming naturally?

02) If I were to record some binaural/monaural beats, and then convert the wav file to mp3, and then send it to my mp3 player. Is there any chance my mp3 player could play it back at a slightly different frequency than on the PC, and as a result I am getting the WRONG frequencies for the entrainment, and that could cause damage to myself?

[This message has been edited by Igraz (edited April 11, 2005).]

1. well i wouldnt make such a distinction between normal and not normal, in the context of your brainwave state. normally, you will be in contact with objects and situations which can indeed influence your brainwave pattern in a specific way... for instance, watching a tv program, driving in a car for an hour at a constant speed, sitting in front of a computer screen all day, etc.

so something which tends to shift your brainwave patterns in a specific way should not necessarily be considered artificial or differentiated from what you consider normal experience.
although with brainwave entrainment the effects are very specific and can be strong so you do have to be careful and not overrrun.

personally, i have never experienced anything like the phenomenon you are describing, although i used to have trouble sleeping at night if i listened to beta frequencies too shortly before bed.

2. it would have to be a pretty bad reproduction to change the frequencies by more than a negligible amount.

[This message has been edited by garics (edited April 11, 2005).]

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Excessive need for sleep or a reduced need for sleep could be a side effect depending on the frequency. Running entrainment in the background all day isn't natural so like a dripping tap it can become annoying. For effectiveness listening for an hour and then giving it a break is probably best.

Use Varible Bitrate Compression if you want to keep the MP3 accurately close to the original source.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited April 12, 2005).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved