Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16121 04/26/05 09:05 PM
Cremio Offline OP
OP Offline

In his book The Einstein Factor Win Wenger writes about oxygenation of the brain.
There are two ways: masking and diving. Since I have no access to a swimming pool diving is not an option.

I have been thinking about trying masking where you breath into a constricted space (a bag or the your hands). Win outlines a program in the book of masking 30 seconds daily every 30 minutes for 2 to 3 weeks.

Win writes that it has helped millions and that IAHP regard it as a potent method for improving brain function. But he furthermore warns that it may be hazardous and that you should have consulted a doctor first. But I don't feel like consulting our house doctor, so I am gonna ask here if someone has tried the program and if they had succes with oxygenation. And what are the implications? If you follow the program what can possibly go wrong?

[This message has been edited by Cremio (edited April 26, 2005).]

#16122 04/28/05 05:34 AM
Cremio Offline OP
OP Offline

Well, I do know that you can die from inhalating extreme amounts of CO2, but I wonder if you could get some serious brain damage using his program...

#16123 05/01/05 05:26 AM
Cremio Offline OP
OP Offline

Please, anyone?

#16124 05/02/05 01:39 AM

I wouldn't even consider oxygen deprivation a means to improve brain activity without consulting a physician first.

I might guess that the reason you don't want to consult your doctor about this is because you already know there's a 90% chance your doctor is going to tell you this is "new age bullsh*t" ... and you know he or she will probably think less of you for even considering such a thing.

Without meaning to offend, I think your doctor would be right. There are a lot of new age profiteers and genuinely lost and confused souls who get sold on the idea that some activity that triggers a change in conciousness or perception is also going to produce some other useful and sometimes even magical result. Some are offered hope that Brainwave entrainment makes you smarter or better or even psychic because they experience a certain tiredness or dreaminess. Maybe it does make you psychic, but then again, maybe it just makes you tired and dreamy. Same thing with marijuana, although very few people confuse getting high with spiritual enlightenment today, it used to be the Holosync of its time -- with some potentially negative social and physical side effects. Holding your breath or denying oxygen to your brain and then taking a big gulp of oxygen will trigger a real response, probably unpleasant. Don't let anyone tell you that the diziness and nausea is proof that its working and that you'll get added benifits later. It's probably just proof you're killing brain cells and they probably don't grow back.

I should refer you to Wim Wenger's self-read audio rendition of The Einstein Factor. He sounds even more like he may have experienced some kind of brain damage with slurred speech as a result than in the Genius Code. I wouldn't want to sample the same medicine as that guy's been taking.

Bottom Line: There are hundreds if not thousands of ways to improve yourself physically and mentally. Why pick the one that risks brain damage? Why not try some other practice first?

Best,

-- B.

#16125 05/02/05 08:08 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Masking might even help asthma suffers.
http://biophysics.jhu.edu/classes/250.106-300-306/documents/EXAMPLE3.PDF

The possibiltiy of getting bloodshot eyes

quote:
While also promoting angiogenesis, hypoxic hypoxia
can also cause petechial hemorrhages in the retina and throughout the body.

might mean you're overdoing it. But this article indicates there are some physical benefits. Also another source for asthmatics is for breathing less. You don't want too much oxygen either.

Brain damage will occur when there is still a lack of oxygen 4 minutes after loss of consiousness.

Alex

#16126 05/05/05 02:55 PM
lad Offline

I guess I'm at a loss here (and I keep flashing on "autoerotic asphyxiation" :-) ).

I've read some claiming that taking oxygen supplements (and Piracetam) supercharges the brain.

I wouldn't radically vary my oxygen intake without first taking some brain-penetrating antioxidants. Too much of the reactive O species, or too little O2 (anerobic metabolism) up there and bad things can happen.

#16127 05/13/05 07:47 PM

Don't forget to drink plenty of water.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved