Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I wondering is anyone had comments about which is more effective - the Sedona Method or the Release Technique?

Both methods were created by Lester Levenson, and I was wondering what the difference between them was...

Thanks in advance for your response.

I consider both of them to be among the very, very best personal development stuff you can get your hands on. I usually recommend starting with the Sedona Method, and then doing The Abundance Course (Release technique). I feel Hale Dwoskin's course is slightly better put together for the beginner, and that Larry's stuff is great for moving to a higher level.

Good luck with it. It's powerful stuff.

Wow!!, I am excited to know something can move you higher than Sedona Method.

I have only used the book and audio from the Euphoria course and have received immense benefits. The complete course is in the post. can't wait!!

I am intrigued bey the Release Technique, is it part of the Learning Strategies ABF course?

If you are comparing the two tape courses, Sedona uses a more intuitive approach while Larry Crane uses visualization to introduce the process in the early going.
Also, the sedona method course has a few more bells and whistles...like for instance Hale Dwoskin is clearly using NLP-repatterning type language throughout all of the tapes (this is one advantage to having the tapes rather than just reading the book).

The presentation of some of the releasing processes later in the Sedona course borrows its methodology from "auditing" or "clearing" technology -- the same question is presented again and again, allowing deeper issues on a specific topic to release and come to the surface.

There is also the holistic releasing process which you can get in the bonus courses, but I have never tried those. I believe the concept is presented in the book by Hale Dwoskin.

Overall, I liked the Sedona method as an introduction to releasing, but the Larry Crane course was more effective for me in focusing on and achieving specific goals.

Hey Garics, good post. Could you please explain how Hale uses the NLP-repatterning type language in the tapes? Some examples? Thanks.

I have use dthe Holistic realeasing technique. It is very effective in getting you (well, me, I can't speak fo everyone) to a neutral state inside. Very relieving!

Serafin,

a couple of examples from the "Relationships" tape that is included with the basic course...

when Hale is going through the wanting approval, control, security exercise....at one point he says..."security...or separation." (instead of what he usually says..."security or survival") And there is that subtle shift in how he emphasizes the last phrase, which is characteristic of an NLP "embedded command". he then repeats this a couple more times later on.

Also, there is another part where he says "you're doing it for you, you're not doing it for them." And then he starts another thought, and suddenly trails off and repeats.."remember, you're doing it for you, you're not doing it for them" ...and then he immediately resumes what he was saying.

Anyway, those are two examples I can remember off the top of my head. I'll have to dig those tapes out this weekend and listen a little more for other examples.

[This message has been edited by garics (edited May 20, 2005).]

I hadn't heard of Larry Crane before but now you've got me hooked. I think I will have to get that to add to my collection.

Just one point above about the Holistic releasing - someone said you can get it as a bonus tape, but the sets I got, which I cannot actually see on the site anymore, but I may not be looking carefully enough, were not included as bonusses. You had to buy them separately, and there were two of them, one focussing more on spiritual aspects and one on more mundane ones, such as relationships and wealth. Each set had 10 tapes in I think - it was either 5 or 10. To be honest I did learn the basic technique but I never went though all the tapes - I kept drifting off while listening to them even though I was actively participating.

And I have just turned up a page with the technique described on it:
http://www.edgenews.com/issues/2003/09/dwoskin.html

be well!

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved