Next Thread
Print Thread
#16191 06/02/05 05:23 AM
Nickie Offline OP
OP Offline

Pete Bissonette

Over a year ago you wrote:

"Consider that how you do anything is how you do everything."

Would you (or anyone else who wishes to comment) talk further about what you mean with this statement. I am looking for clarification as to what you mean witht he statement.

It seems as if you as saying that each action we take is both a separate action yet at the same time is a part of the hologram of the whole of us....

I like the challenges you put forth in the post also....one of the biggest challenges I have to growth is consistency. I will get excited about something then suddenly stop doing it because I got busy somewhere else in my life...

Or I will be enjoying something daily then I tend to sabatogue it. For example, I will be exercising daily and so proud of myself and the results I feel then suddenly I cannot seem to motivate myself to exercise.

So, this morning when I read your quote I found myself wanting to hear more about it.

Thanks
Nickie

#16192 06/02/05 06:42 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

We go into everything we do as the same person we are. We don't send a stand-in.

I hand an interesting thought when I read

quote:
one of the biggest challenges I have to growth is consistency. I will get excited about something then suddenly stop doing it because I got busy somewhere else in my life...

I thought, "busy or growing in another area of our life?" Isn't it all growth? I know you can move into depression and feel like your stagnating. But like a seed lying dormant in winter doesn't it grow in acceptance that sometimes to grow you must wait out the season.

Alex

#16193 06/03/05 04:04 PM
Nickie Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Alex for your reply. It helped me to see a way out of the judgement loop I am in at the moment. When I move into "other growth areas" I will often be upset at and judgemental toward myself for shifting my focus. Now, when those feelings come up I can remind myself that it is all growth not laziness.

You also said: "we go into everything we do as the same person"

Sometimes I feel as if I am several different people depending on the outside environment and depending on the other people I am with at the moment. I feel as if there are so many different parts of me inside of me that gather around a core and reflect different parts of the world. I have a wide variety of interests so much so that if always feels as if there is not enough time to do them all. One positive outcome to all of this is that I am never bored.

Thanks again for your reply
Nickie

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved