Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Here we are: a separate topic :-) Having learned and practiced the Silva (BLS) method learned from the book regularly for several months, I'm curious as to where the system has taken you. Personally, I have decided that it isn't the best or most essential thing for me to pursue at least for now. Instead I'm focusing on meditation, relaxing, breathing deeply, and improving my vision, the Quantum Touch healing technique, and a bit of PhotoReading interspersed in there as well.

Perhaps I was encountering the same blocks for every new technique I tried to learn, but as with PhotoReading, practicing the Silva system, ex. for positive visualiztion didn't produce any amazing or even consistently beneficial results for me. It felt like an overwhelming struggle to visualize clearly even though I practiced quite a bit, and so perhaps I was simply not able to get into a deep enough state of relaxation to be effective. Then again, meditation, at the time was also a struggle, but now I've done it enough (Anna Wise method) that it is consistently a pleasurable, refreshing, and deep experience.

I am still, however interested, in the Silva methods because they are also powerful tools once properly developed. Ironically, one of the main things I wanted out of the Silva method was the mental alarm clock! But I never did get that working consistently for me. Sometimes it was dead-on and I was amazed, but I couldn't rely upon it. Perhaps, again, an issue of relaxing enough? If anyone has any suggestions for gradually building a reliable alarm mental alarm clock, I'd sure appreciate it because the techniques presented to me have simply not worked.

Alex, I'd love to hear of some of your recent adventures and successes with the Silva Mind ESP system.

Thanks & best wishes,
Cameron

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

I read the book back in 1987 and it wasn't until 1990 that I managed to take a live seminar. My experiences with the Silva Method have been posted on the forum.

Alex Gonzalez Silva invited me to come and do the training to become a Trainer and Supervisor for Australia. Since I was planning a trip to the US for the Natural Brilliance Retreat and Alex's class was just before the retreat I decided to do it.

The reason learning from a book is so difficult is because you need to first train your brain to enter the right level using the count down deepening exercise. The practise is to get your mind to Alpha and be able to think there without falling asleep or coming up to beta when you start programing. So if you're going it solo you need to be persistant. The class takes you to alpha repeatedly so it's easier to start using it and seeing results after the class.

My Recent adventures with using Silva ESP?

Well actually it started by not wanting to take the trip. I picked up trouble with my flight, airline staff, missed connection and missing bag. At the same time I knew the course would be fun and a wonderful experience for me. So prepared for the misadventures I decided to go. Packed extra articles of clothing in my carry on luggage.

Well to keep a long adventure short. When I arrived in Laredo my bag was still in Tokyo and although I was now able to wash the change of clothes I had with me I decided it would be necessary for my comfort to buy some more for the weekend. I asked the hotel staff where I could buy some and he said there is a mall across the road. I looked in the direction he was pointing. 3 lanes, road divide, two lanes road divide with a 6 foot wall (to walk around) and then the tops of the semi trailers confirmed more road going the other direction. I had no desire to walk in the 103 degree heat to the mall. So I dumped my carry on luggage and cameras in my room and walked out to the front of the hotel and asked which way to cheap clothes? (I had seen the price of clothes in the US $100 for a pair of jeans is mad in my book). Turned left and found a shop that sold jeans for $8 to $20 and a, "advertising a brand of sports shoes" t-shirt for $7.

Reason I wanted to buy clothes was because I didn't feel like washing the ones I had every night till my bags got there. I knew there was going to be a delay. They didn't arrive till Monday.

Some will say that I programed for these things to happen. For me programming and knowing what is going to happen are two different senses. When I pick up what is going to happen I also find myself picking up on what I should do to handle it and when I follow the information for preparation then it's less of a problem.

Before I left Australia I knew I was going to miss my Laredo connection so I was mentally prepared for an overnight stay in Houston. When I boarded my flight at Detroit for Houston on time it seemed I was wrong about missing the flight and was glad for it. We were heading down the run way for take off when a storm hit. The captain said that take off would be delayed 6 minutes till the storm passes. We took of an hour later. Well there was no way I was going to make the Laredo flight. I would have only just made it if the flight was on time. I did stay overnight in Houston since I missed the last flight to Laredo.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited June 28, 2005).]

Hi, CameronJ

Here is the answer to your "alarm clock" question. I will begin by showing you how I arrived at these answers, and what you should know, leading up to it:

SETTING THE SCENE

Like you, I initially studied the main Silva Method book on my own. However, like Alex, I took the actual course in person, only some 9 months or so later. (I think it was in 1994.) I should point out that having learned it first, this way, made the course a breeze.

When I first found out about the Silva Method, I was working the midnight shift at the Texas Medical Center. My job was in Parking Operations, as an attendant, taking people's money for parking. They transferred each of us weekly, to a new location across the campus, from one kiosk to another, serving each hospital's parking garage or lot.

During my breaks, I would roam the hospitals for restrooms, free coffee, and snack areas, and do some general exploring. It also gave me exercise, because there was a good deal of area to cover in the walking. And since I only had a very short time for the breaks, I had to walk very fast and take the elevators. With the exception of one hospital, all the rest were many stories high, so I was used to traveling the elevators, up and down, very often.

Well, back at home in my one-bedroom apartment, I would often lie down on the sofa (which also served as my bed), and read the Silva Method book, following the exercises and trying to count myself down into Alpha. At first there was difficulty, and it just didn't seem like I was getting anywhere with it. But then it soon occurred to me to imagine as if I were in an elevator, feeling it going down gradually, each level. Since I was so used to being in elevators, visualizing this was extra easy for me.

COUNTING DOWN

The instructions say that you may sit up in a chair, but since I was a beginner, I found it much more effective to lie down. The following is my own step-by-step, personalized version of how to do it, which I created for myself. It worked much better for me than what was in the book:

1) Get physically comfortable and shut your eyes.

2) Inhale deeply and evenly, to the count of 5 (1..2..3..4..5..), then exhale evenly to the count of 5 (1..2..3..4..5..). Do this three times.

3) Imagine that you're standing on the outside of a tall building, facing an elevator door, which is used to gain entrance. It's a peaceful and clear night, the air smells fresh, and there is no one else around. Under the softly lighted and protected elevator entrance, you notice neatly arranged green bushes planted on either side of the polished, stainless steel door.

4) You push the only button which opens the door (V). It slowly opens, and you step in. Your intention is to go to the first floor.

5) Now standing inside the elevator, you turn around and face the door. Glancing down to the right, in front, you see the panel of numbered buttons for each floor. Since you've been here before, you already know that in this unusual building, the elevator entrance is considered to be the 11th floor, and the first floor is therefore located ten stories down, under ground.

--- --- --- (Now you may begin.)

6) Inhale deeply and evenly. Press the 10 button, and see it light up, gold-white in color. Whisper softly out-loud to yourself, "Ten".

7) Now, exhale evenly, and FEEL the sensation of the elevator drop deeper to the lower 10th floor.

8) As you drop downward with the elevator, be conscious of how more relaxed your body, face, and neck are becoming.

9) Notice that you are now on the 10th floor. Don't imagine the doors opening again, between floors, because this can be distracting.

--- --- --- (Continue as you did before, as you are now on the 10th floor.)

10) Inhale deeply and evenly. Press the 9 button, and see it light up, gold-white in color. Whisper out-loud to yourself, "Nine".

11) Now, exhale evenly, and FEEL the sensation of the elevator drop deeper to the lower 9th floor.

12) As you drop downward with the elevator, be conscious of how more relaxed your body, face, and neck are becoming.

13) Notice that you have now reached the 8th floor. The door does not open, and everything is quiet.

--- --- --- (Continue as you did before, as you are now on the 8th floor.)

14) Repeat these same steps until you get all the way down to the 1st floor. You should now be in Alpha.

15) You are now totally in *the now*, basking in your very deep, relaxing state. Your eyes are still closed, your breathing has become very slow, and your lips are probably slightly parted. Your head might have even rolled to the side, a bit.

NOTE: After the first time of doing this, you don't have to do Steps 1-5, anymore, unless you prefer. I showed them in the beginning, mainly as visual effects to get you started.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

If you still don't feel that you're all the way there, you can help yourself to go even deeper...

16) Once you've reached the official 1st floor by following the above directions, look over at the panel of numbers, again. Under them, you'll see a smaller set of numbers below the regular ones. They are: sub-3, sub-2, & sub-1.

17) You're already familiar with them, and you know that these extra floors are considered as "sub" floors, located even lower down, the bottom one being the basement.

18) Inhale deeply and evenly. Press the button directly below 1, which is called sub-3. See the button light up. Whisper softly out-loud to yourself, "Three".

19) Exhale evenly, and FEEL the sensation of the elevator drop deeper to the sub-floor 2.

20) As you move downward with the elevator, be conscious of how EVEN MORE relaxed your entire being is becoming.

21) Notice that you are now on sub-2.

22) Repeat the same steps to get to sub-1. This is the basement.

You are now totally in *the now*, basking in your very deep, relaxing state. Your breathing has become very slow, and your lips are probably slightly parted. YOU ARE MOST DEFINITELY IN THE STATE OF ALPHA.

Once you get used to entering the state of Alpha, you'll be able to get there, from 10-1 in 10 seconds or even less, even standing up! You won't need the visuals, anymore, but only the recollection of the SENSATION of dropping downward. It will be as simple as closing your eyes, taking in a deep breath, and exhaling down to the first floor, all in one complete breath.

USES

I've found that entering into the Alpha state enhances, among other things, my success with other programs. It makes you more effective with what you are doing and learning. Take the following, as a prime example:

THE CAPTAIN AND THE CREW

This is something that I've only recently learned, and it has helped me TREMENDOUSLY in every area of my life. Without a doubt, this information is CRITICAL to your success, whatever the endeavor. Some people do it without realizing it, which explains how they are "naturally" successful in most anything they do. Now, with the knowledge of the captain and the crew, ANYONE can succeed in life.

You see, the captain is your conscious mind, and the crew is your other-than-conscious, or subconscious mind. The captain and the crew have to be in harmony with each other, or else your goals get sabotaged, in spite of your efforts.

All you have to do is KNOW that your crew, or your subconscious, will obey your every command. It is only an impartial tool, and is incapable of judging whether or not you "deserve" help. It only works according to what you information you give it - what you tell the crew.

Most people let the crew go with no specific, direct orders to follow. And they wonder why there are so many problems in their life?!

ORDERING YOUR CREW
TO GIVE YOU A WAKE-UP CALL

When I first began, as a protective back-up, I would set the clock on my bedside table at the time I wished to wake up. But since I hate hearing the alarm go off, I told my crew that I desired to awaken a few minutes before the clock sounds, so that I could reach over and click it off in advance. This worked for me. (Later, after about a month of daily practice, you can consider no longer setting the bedside clock.)

1) Go into Alpha, following the steps above.

2) Look inward to your invisible, subconscious crew, as if they were in formation waiting, listening, and ready to obey your every word.

3) Say something in the form of a command, like, "Crew! I will have a safe, secure, and restful sleep tonight, and I will awaken just a few minutes before my clock goes off at 6 o'clock in the morning. I will feel refreshed and raring to go for the day. Now get to it, and go do whatever you do to bring this about. Thank you." Be kind, but firm. Say it like you mean it.

4) Now, let it go. Nonchalantly trust and expect that your crew will bring it about, exactly as you've asked.

NOTE: Do this every night for the next 30 days, stating whatever particular time you'd like to get up for the next day. This will allow a consistent communication between you and your crew, so that a solid relationship is established, and they will become accustomed to "knowing your voice" automatically.

You can do this with ANYTHING!!!

As only one example out of many, I used to get soooo drowsy after a meal, no matter how small the meal might be, as if I'd taken a sleeping pill. I would always have to take at least an hour nap. (I work at home.) But now, since I've told my crew that I will remain awake and fully alert throughout the day, I don't get drowsy anymore!!

SUMMARY

I truly believe, CameronJ, that with these two methods (Alpha state and being the captain of your crew), the world is your oyster. And whatever courses you wish to take, you will succeed with them with the use of these two methods.

Words can hardly express how happy and eternally grateful I am for knowing this information, and for the rewarding effects that come from imparting this to you and all who read it.

Bobbie L. Schroder
(SummitOfAmbition)

[This message has been edited by SummitOfAmbition (edited July 03, 2005).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved