Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hobo Offline OP
OP Offline

I just got a new course called "The Answers Are Within You," by Debbie Ford. It is available from Nightingale Conant, but I got it at www.successonsale.com
At the Nightingale site, you can hear a part of the course, which is kind of cool. But the place I got it from was a bit cheaper.

The reason that I am posting this, is because I have read many posts about people being disspointed with self improvemtent type courses and with self help in general. It sounded like many were about to give up completely. And I have felt the same at times. I just think that this course is a bit different. No, it isn't promising that you will live in a giant castle when you are done! But it fills a gap, that I have always felt. To me it seems like no matter how many self improvement courses you buy and work through, I have always felt that if there is that "one thing" that you have never addressed, you stand a good chance of not achieving the goals you started out with. This course doesn't have a secret new technique, or newly discovered frequencies for your brain. It has many truths about life. And it approches it in a direction that works well for me, and maybe for some of you.

Thanks, Hobo, but I'd rather pay the extra 20 bucks and get coaching and/or other professional services that come with the programs.

But hey, PLEASE let us know how you are, after you've completed the course! It sounds like a good one.

I've been playing with the Effort-Free Life course for the past 2 months or so, taking my time with it. EXCELLENT TO THE POWER OF 10! When I'm finished with all the CD's (there are so many!), I'm going to buckle down and learn PhotoReading.

[This message has been edited by SummitOfAmbition (edited July 26, 2005).]

Self improvement coaching is one of the hottest things these days - 99% of the people have no goals in life, have no clue what they want to do, just jumping from job to job to make an extra buck - that's the main reason people feel lost. So definitely tens of thousands of people are taking advantage of that and coming up with some sort of coaching programs. Of course, thare are good & solid ones. The thing is that unless you can figure out what you want to do with your life - what is it that you'd rather do each and every day, there is a very slim possibility of succeeding. Following some programs, you may make some bucks but in the end, you'll still be frustrated.

I'd suggest two super books:
1) "What To Say When You Talk To Yourself" - Book by Dr. Shad Helmstetter costs like $7. People should be taught these principles from childhood.

2) "Become Who You Were Born To Be" - by Brian Souza. Published in 2005, this book will give you lessons with real examples of people (a lot of them we know about but not the whole story). This book is amazing - will tell you and convince you that if all these people can do all of these things by overcoming ...., so can I - but YOU Still Need To Know What Makes You Happy.

What makes you happy? What would you like to do? If you didn't have to think about money, what would you be doing?

Hey, DesertSphinx

I bought "Self-Talk" in the mid-1990's. He's a good writer, and those are good books.

It's funny you should mention about finding out what you really, deep-down, wish to do, but you aren't sure exactly what it might be.

Instead of putting it here, though, I'll start a new topic called, "How Do You Know for Sure, What You Really, Really, Really Wish to Be?" in Beyond Human.

THANKS FOR YOUR POST!!! IT GAVE ME SOMETHING TO RUN WITH!

P.S.- Why not put the info from your post, here, on the other thread? That way, people will more likely benefit from it because it will coincide with the topic!

[This message has been edited by SummitOfAmbition (edited July 27, 2005).]

Hobo Offline OP
OP Offline

Quote:[Thanks, Hobo, but I'd rather pay the extra 20 bucks and get coaching and/or other professional services that come with the programs.]

When you order from this website, the package comes from Nightingale. I'm pretty sure that you get the coaching with it.

I am a few CD's into this course. I am getting alot out of it. As I may have stated, it doesn't have any freqencies or anything fancy. But I feel like it does address some very important issues. I have seen several posts around here about folks who feel like the courses that they take don't do anything for them. I have felt that way before. What happens is that you are stuck in the past with some past event. I feel like this course addresses that. I feel like this post will just fade away, since this course doesn't have the bells and whistles of some of the others. I just wish that some of you that have given up, would take a look at it. And instead of buying it, this author is on a website that has self help programs that are streamed, you can listen to them on the internet. And I'm not talking about 2 minutes of the course, I'm talking about a whole program!Here is the website: http://www.hayhouseradio.com/

And you can listen to Debbie Ford, the author of this course and her past shows there. To listen to the past shows, you have to get a password from them, but it's free. Here is the link to her past shows. I highly recommend them: http://www.hayhouseradio.com/hosts.php?author_id=78

Hobo Offline OP
OP Offline

Sorry, to see the past shows, you have to go into the archive. To do that you have to get your password.

Some of the info in this course is similar to The Work, by Byron Katie, but I feel it goes much deeper than the info given in the AFL course. Much, much deeper!

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved