Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Ill try to keep this short as possible and would like to thanks you all in advance for taking the time to read and or reply to this. Im just so damn confused about all these self help/binnatural beats etc etc. I bought the first level of holosync and i found it ok but the EXTREME marketing put me off alot. Ive just read a few threads and there seem to be so many options for self improvement. Im 22 and i have an anxiety disorder and i know that one individual thing wont cure me and am during alot of therapy to help me. Im looking for a mediation or self improvement program to help for my relaxation but like i said there are just so man yand its so confusing. Not only that but you couldnt possibly try all of them not just because of the time wasting but because every single one of these programs want $$$. Could i just get your opinions of whats out and what it claims to do it would be much appreciated. Thanks

I passed 22 a few years ago. Everyone's situation is different. I thought Centerpointe A.P. level 1 was cool - used it for a few months and then realized that I was losing my emotions a bit - someone close to me died, that's okay, people die... I didn't want to be like that and I stopped using it since then. I didn't want the program to change the way I live to how they think I should live as opposed to enhancing how I live.

I like LSC materials - you can choose some of the paraliminals or the library - depends on you. The library costs around $360 I believe. A number of the paraliminals can be used in a lot of different ways. I would also very highly recommend SFQ level 1. This is for your overall health and something you'll start feeling almost immediately (I mean the feeling of energy) and will enhance your well being as you keep practicing. I started SFQ recently but I'll be attending their retreat in Oct. I am recommending (actually to everyone) SFQ strongly because as I started practicing and learning more about energy channels, and our interaction with energy, I'm learning that problems in our body occurs because of some type of blockage. SFQ can help you to clear your blockage.

And please, don't think of yourself as having some type of disorder to someone else's standard. Just think of your situation as having a small blockage which you are clearing with self help tools.

Are you studying now? Working?

What approaches have you tried so far?

There has been a lot of research and progress in the area of treating anxiety, and a lot of proven and sound techniques are available.

Before you give Centerpointe large sums of money for their questionable program, try this first:
http://www.stresscenter.com/

Also, the book Energized Hypnosis is very informative as to what goes on in terms of the brain and conditioning that keeps us engaged in repeating patterns and how to intervene on your own behalf.
http://newfalcon.com/books/energizedhypnosis.htm

I've been into Ericksonian hypnosis and hypnosis in general for a very long time, and I can tell you that little book is a gem.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited August 24, 2005).]

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Try searching the web for free mediatiation scripts. I also found some good ones in books. Record them in your own voice and sit down and try them.

The idea of meditation is slowing the mind down and sitting quietly and experiencing some tranquility in your thoughts. In reality even sitting thinking on one subject or day dreaming is meditation. Sitting and thinking is a type of dynamic meditation. However most of use don't watch what we are thinking and focus on what we don'. Effective metitation is when you focus on positive outcomes.

Did you know that one of the ways to to relax is to imagine yourself relaxed? Yep. make believe, pretend. Works especially well when you're sitting with your eyes close. Ever tried it? Sitting with your eyes closed pretending and imagining what it's like to be relaxed? Imagining how you'd behave if you were relaxed, might it be a kind of casual devil may care relaxed like James Bond? And then imagine what it would be like to carry that kind of relaxation into your day to day life. How you would act? How you would Feel, How you would talk? You dont' just want to feel your limbs are heavy while your eyes are closed right? If you're like me you don't find that comfortable or relaxing. I found waht makes me feel relaxed is enjoying pleasant thoughts happy imagainations and happy make believe events.

You want it to carry over to the other areas in your life. So when you sit and meditate and the mind starts thinking even louder imagine, pretend and make believe about things that make you happy. At some point the when you've imagined enough the mind will go quiet.

Alex

Also....

Meditation can have the effect of stirring the pot, so to speak. That is, things may get worse before they get better when you meditate.

Depending on circumstances, the various points in my life that were meditation heavy were often marked by experiences of internal crisis. I think it comes with the territory, at least for some people.

When you meditate, depending on the technique, I suppose, you're going right smack dab into the center of what is going on with you.

Try EFT. You can download an introductory text from Gary Craigs site : www.emofree.com
His instructional video's on CD ROM are worthwhile and very inexpensive.

Good Luck

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved