Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I am starting a job telemarketing mortgages tomorrow. I maybe soon starting a side business as a loan officer.

In the telemarketing job I will be calling people from a dialer. I will not be doing sales in a tradition sense. I will just try to get the prospect interested in talking to a loan officer and giving me information for the loan officer to follow up on. I would be getting paid for each application as well as the hourly rate.

With the loan officer business. I would be talking to the prospects more in depth and I am more likely to meet the prospects in person. I would only get paid when the loan funds. The loan officer business would be entirely seperate from my telemarketing.

Now that all of you understand the nature of my job.

My question is can I listen to Sales Paraliminal passively without trying to come up with one thing to improve on or have a model? Kind of like listening to a subliminal tape.

I would like to hear from people who have also also gone through the Sales Paraliminal. I remember calling Support and they said Paul Scheele said you can just listen to it passively without really trying to concentrate on it.

I dream about being a top performer in sales. I was not successfull in my previous two jobs in telemarketing mortgages. I know I have to be better at rebuttals and being persistant. I know I have stuttered before. I guess I am figuring the training at this job will be different. Last company I was with there was hardly any training. The company before that was better about it but not really good or great.

Tell me if my plan for listening to the paraliminal is sound. For the rest of the year I will just listen to the Sales Paraliminal or just give it at least 45 days of passive listening to give it a chance and see if I get an average of one application per hour and if my confidence in sales soars?

I am figuring I can probably improve my sales skills by passive listening without knowing the sales techniques?

Parag

Learning Strategies Admin

As Paul said in the recent Teleseminar, Paraliminals are much more effective if you have an intention for listening. And listening continuously for months on end is like telling your mind you don't trust it to get you the results you desire.

Parag what do you expect to get from the Paraliminal when you listen? If you don't know what you expect how will you know when you've reached your goal?

Alex

OP Offline

Hi Alex:

Thank you for your reply. My main intention for listening to the Paraliminal is to improve my numbers in any sales job I have. For the telemarketing job were I try to get people interested in mortgages, I want to have at least one application per hour. FOr the home based loan officer position I start, I would like to have interested borrowers and people who can get me referrals.

I want to be on the path toward sales mastery also. I would like to be confident in my communication skills. I would like to stutter less.

I know having the numbers gives me validation. I know if I do good like I did with the cable company, I will have a ton of confidence.

I would love to be able to master the ability to overcome resistance and establish rapport.

Alex, when you said about listening daily and twice a day meaning not trusting your subconscious mind.

Are you saying we should not listen daily at all or only a few times a week? This reminds me of the saying "less is more".

Parag

About not trusting mind - that is an interesting concept that I haven't thought about. Thanks Alex for pointing it out. I had a business conference, so I couldn't attend Paul's session. If I remember correctly, to get the best results, we can listen to the paraliminals 3 days in a row with the same goals - now did I read that in the booklet or am I just making that up? That is what my mind it telling me.

3 days to a week for some. Beyond a week you're just not giving the worker a chance to get on with it. It's like a boss calling the worker back into the office every 5 minutes to give the worker the same instructions. You got to give the worker 3 days to produce some results. notice what you get and build from there. After 3 days be preapared to modify or extend your directives toward your goal.

Parag.

I'm saying it's not necessary to listen everyday. Do you carry a hammer everyday. Pounding at everything in sight? No the hammer lies in the tool box until you're ready to build or modify something. Then you use the hammer only as much as necessary to get the job done. Over the next few days you'll be checking how the job held up if it needs more work or a different tool.

Intend for the best results. Have a purpose for listening. Create a measurable point of reference. You sell one a day it might be okay but better would be 3 a day. So the next wweek you might have one more in the whole week. It's an improvement. Grow from there. Those are your measureing points how you're doing in your job. So you listen with the intention of selling 8 next week. Listen once at the beginning of the week maybe once mid week and watch your targets and trust tht you'll see results.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited September 06, 2005).]

OP Offline

So, Alex, you are saying, 3 days for the week is too much. Or just listen 3 days in a row for one week and than just let it go?

Or are you saying for now just listen to it once a week and see how it goes? It sounds like listening to a paraliminal is different from a subliminal. I know the instructions for say listen 30 days straight but here the paraliminal works differently.

I will do that Alex, your way will save me energy on the battery of CD player.

Parag

You can listen for three days or even for a week but take breaks. Take the time to observe the results.

Alex

You might want to also learn some NLP rapport and persuasion skills.

Some books on the subject are:

"The Magic of Rapport" by Jerry Richardson

"Mind Lines" by Michael Hall and Bob Bodenhamer

"Unlimited Selling Power" by Donald Moine

There are many more available.

David Barron has a home study course and a free conference call. The conference calls are every Wed. and cover various NLP and hypnosis topics, though they are most often on persuasion. Recordings of the conference calls can also be downloaded. The sight is www.power-persuasion.com or www.changwork.com .

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved