Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

quote:
You may know that during 11:00~1:00 in night,It's the best time to sleep.

Most of the sleep research is only about monophasic sleepers who don't Nap. And the more you read about Napping the more you will find that the rules for monophasic sleep don't apply to polyphasic sleep.

One of the most important rules of sleep is that you need to have a fixed rythmus. When you start changing your rythmus you will be out of your rythmus for a while and therefore having less energy.
This is the problem of shift workers.

quote:
I use the bed ocassionally even climb into it proper If I plan an hour of sleep.
How long to you Nap? 60 minutes seem strange.

Learning Strategies Admin

Why does asleeping an hour after 24 to 36 hours without sleep seem strange? If I plan to sleep at least an hour I climb into bed because for me that triggers the soundest sleep.

Normally I don't nap only if I go more than 24 hours without sleep do I sleep to break the cycle.

No I don't have a regular rhythm for sleep. I go to bed when I go to bed. It might be 2 am it might be 3, 4 or even 7am.

I don't recommend my sleep pattern to anyone else because I was always a night owl.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited October 19, 2005).]

OP Offline

Natural short sleeper

Nope was a nessesity. I was working 14 to 18 hours a day 7 days a week. After work the family would watch some TV before bed I went to do my studies. Usually worked at it till 1am. When I quit and cleaned up, Showered and went to bed by 2am. Woke up 6am feeling like a zombie. Did that for 5 years.

Alex

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Alex K. Viefhaus:
Nope was a nessesity. I was working 14 to 18 hours a day 7 days a week. After work the family would watch some TV before bed I went to do my studies. Usually worked at it till 1am. When I quit and cleaned up, Showered and went to bed by 2am. Woke up 6am feeling like a zombie. Did that for 5 years.

Alex

You meant"Hope was a nessesity",wasn't it?I think so.The more effective work you do during the day,the more sound sleep you have during the night.

Nope

Alex

OP Offline

But where do you get a 20-min nap during the day if not on the bed?sleep on the desk?

I only nap if I've been going longer than 24 hours and need to keep going or feel tired for some reason.

Alex

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Alex K. Viefhaus:
I only nap if I've been going longer than 24 hours and need to keep going or feel tired for some reason.

Alex

It really songs like a myth.superman..

Wow. I need about ten to twelve hours of sleep a night or I'll become very tired during the day and have trouble getting up to start with. I've always wanted to reduce my sleeping hours to five or six, or so, but I can't seem to pull it off.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved