Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Last week or week before I started listening to Sales Leap. I have not listened continously. I listened last night to it. I made a little improvement from yesterday. I got one application.

I am a loan assistant. I call up prospects and try to get them interested in refinance and send the application to the loan officer. This is the most challenging sales job I had aside from being a realtor.

This is a job were you have to overcome reluctance and skepticism for sure.

One guy at work who is the top rep, he just seems to have the demeanor he started out getting one of the most apps. He is definately a natural. There is another guy who is like a natural. Natural meaning they become very good producers despite not having worked at the job before or being taught really.

I mean I did this job at another company and I struggle to get an application whereas others seem to have no problem.

I hear one say just from the change of voice one can get more apps. One say it is all in the voice.

My job is all over the phone.

I am reading a book by Stephen Schiffman, but I am not sure if it totally applies to my job after reading. I dont know if there is any sales book that can be applied to my job because it is all over the phone and it is mortgages and many companies sell mortgages.

What I am trying to do to improve is to memorize the rebuttals. I did memorize the pitch.

I will admit that I dont have every single rebuttal memorize but most of them.

But I do see two guys who say the same thing but one is gettings the apps and the other is still struggling but they are saying the same thing.

It seems as if though it is hard to say on how to improve your telesales numbers. Part of me thinks with sales either you have it or you dont.

One guy says just be yourself and natural on the phone but this seems easier said than done when doing telesales.

How many of your are into sales? Any one of you went from nothing to tops in sales?

any insight would be appreciated.

Parag

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Gee Parag, If you noticed one small improvement from using the Sales Leap Paraliminal yesterday it means aim higher today. Have some positive expectations.

That's what you need when you call too If you use a tone similar to the one you wrote your post with of course you won't make many sales. Hold positive expectancy in your voice and tone.

Alex

Parag,

Are you familiar with the various methods out there to establish and maintain rapport, reframe, and all that?

You are lucky to have successful models for you to learn from in real life, right there in front of you. Would it be possible for you to listen in on a few of their calls? Or listen to recordings of successful calls?

Because your job is 100% voice and language, you really do need to learn to use your tone, tempo, and other aspects of the sound of your voice.

The sound of your voice is probably the major thing, as your colleagues stated. You probably have a vast library of personal experience to draw from in terms of when your voice worked vs. when it didn't.

Your attitude also affects everything, too, as you pointed out.

I have a friend who will be successful at anything involving people because he is one hell of a social engineer. He gives off this "I'm too cool for you" aura, but he is very funny and charming at the same time. People flock to him.

In his particular field, he has found that "proving people wrong" in a nice way gives him a lot of power. He uses this line "you would think that, wouldn't you?" he uses. His tonality sorta says, "Yeah, that makes sense, I'd think that too." And then he gives correct information.

He establishes himself as an authority this way, and people end up looking for him for advice, deferring decisions to him, etc. It gives him a lot of power.

There's another friend of mine who is a total flirt, and when he talks to a woman he has the hots for, his voice tone becomes softer and deeper and they sort of have to move in close to hear him better. It works like a charm, you can see women melt a little and smile as he bathes them in his voice and lures them closer. I've noticed he does this and begins to explain something to the woman he's talking to. Again, another power thing.

There are tons of little things like that that, if this is really a wish of yours, you can make your own and use for your own success.

And, of course, there are things that mesh with your own natural style. Part of the success, I suppose, is learning your own successful style, and carving your own niche. But what you learn from others can definitely serve as road-signs.

How does one get a telesales job... I have a great voice, balls, and im learning rapport skills.... Is an outfit like ameriquest a good place to get a start?

OP Offline

Self Mastery,

The companies I have worked at advertised in the paper. I would look under telemarketing also.

If Ameriquest has a call center or is hiring they would be great. I mean they are a huge company. I get a feeling with mortgage companies everyone can get the same deal so it is not like if you go with one company or the other you are offering better products or one company is less shady than the others.

Self Mastery, if it works it that this type of job is for you. Than you do have a financially rewarding career. I mean I hear about loan officers making 6 figures were I work and not having a high school diploma.

The place were I work they pretty much do 100% of the business over the phone. Generally companies that focus on refinance, tend to do business just over the phone from what I have seen. There might be refi shops that do go to people's houses and stuff like that.

I am thinking there are other telesales or telemarketing jobs that are lucrative also to.

I would first look in the classifieds and shop that way. Or you could call up mortage companies and see if they are hiring for loan officers or telemarketers.

I am not saying I love telemarketing at all but telemarketing is a huge industry. So, if you live in good size city you will find places that are hiring.

I know brokerage firms have hired telemarketers to. I dont think you will find it hard to get a telemarketing job but to find one were it has the potential you seek maybe.

Parag

quote:
Originally posted by sjaykum1:
I mean I hear about loan officers making 6 figures were I work and not having a high school diploma.

Your education doesn't control your income. If you look at the top 10 Billionairs, you'd see school & college drop outs. It needs creative & positive thinking, consistant & persistant work, developing good self image, etc. They all refused (and people like that refuses) to accept that their potential can be limited by someone else's decision or comment.

How does the company compensate you.... Laughable, yet, true, my interest in sales stems from the movie "boiler room."

OP Offline

Desert Sphinx:

I had talk with my friend last Thursday. He mentioned how he had a masters degree and starts like at $40k to $45k a year. Now around here, that is good salary. He got his masters degree last spring. He told me that people dont really need a masters degree to be trained for his job but they require it. It is not like they need to know the basics of this or that.

He also told me how he had a job as a copier technician making $13 to $14 hour. He was not a electronics technician. He did that for close to 2 years. He saw another technician with like 20 years of experience make a $1 an hour more than him. This guy also went to school for electronics to. So, you have professional guys out there who make as much as warehouse workers.

YOu have well paying jobs out there were you dont need background to do well in it. Like my friends job. It has something to do with Public administration.

I also have seen network professionals without a degree in computers or without certification work in the field and not make bad money. I have heard about people working in HR without a degree in that or in business. HR- Human Resources. I also remember reading an article in my paper about certain workers who dont have formal education or anything but make like 6 figures as a crane operator or make good money as a forklift operator. I also heard of carpet professionals making six figures or close to it.

Self Mastery, were I work I am figuring their pay structure is not probably going to be same as everyone else. They are one of the better companies to telemarket for mortgages.

Were I work they pay you an hourly rate. They pay you for each application you get. If the application you set up ends up getting funded by a loan officer you also get paid for that. They have their own incentives and bonuses. I wont get into now because it can be elaborate to explain.

I worked for another mortgage company were you get hourly but you had to maintain a certain app average to get paid for each application over at the current mortgage company you get paid for each one you get. Over there they had no bonuses or incentives from what I remember. The current company I made money from an incentive. The other company you also get paid for funded loans to.

I also worked for a mortgage company were I got hourly but did not get paid for an application. They had no bonuses or incentives.

I used to do telemarketing for Time Warner Cable and over there, telemarketers also had the opportunity to earn extra money for group incentives. Like if there was a certain amount of sales made by the shift and you made your minimum amount of sales you got paid like $100-$175. At the mortgage companies I telemarketed for, we did not have any group incentives or get paid for group incentives.

Self mastery, I dont think anyone every says I will do telemarketing for the rest of my life but I guess inside sales is huge thing now a days. Yes, there is the do not call list but it is still around. So, if you have phone skills it can be lucrative.

Parag

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved