Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I am right now focusing on improving my numbers at my telesales job for the mortgage company. I was wondering if Instantaneous Personal Magnetism Paraliminal would help? My job is 100% phone work and no face to face with customers.

I know establishing rapport with prospects can help out a lot. The best person at my department said he is able to establish rapport because he lived pretty much in all the places.

So, if I can manage to establish rapport with people, I know I can bring my numbers up.

Establishing rapport with people over the phone is difficult.

Parag

Do you work with any type of self affirmations? What do you think about writing down all the things that you want to do (of course in present tense), record them in your voice on a tape that loops for 30 mins or so and play that when you go to bed so that your subconscious mind start working on that? It is not instantaneous but it works when you work with it on a consistant basis.

I don't have IPM paraliminal, so I can't comment on that. However, NBG has helped me with my goals and same goes for the recording menioned above.

OP Offline

DesertSphinx:

I heard Legendary Karate guy Joe Lewis did what you suggested me. About recording uplifting affirmations and listening to it.

It seems like the whole brain and paraliminals is suppose to work faster if you are using it correctly. I could be wrong.

I guess if you can uplift yourself and it works for you about making recordings. Than what you said is highly effective for sure.

It does seem like it takes a while for your mind to accept a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion DesertSphinx.

Parag

Rapport is pretty simple, but it takes practice. I'm not at the level that I can consistantly influence someone across a room or get into deep rapport in short interactions, but generally if I can sit down and speak to someone I can establish rapport easily.

They key to rapport is pacing, and then the key to influencing is leading. If you only pace and don't lead, you'll more likely to be influenced by the other person than they will be influenced by you.

Many things can be paced. You can pace posture, gestures, facial expression, breathing, words, tonality, the rate of their speech, etc. You don't have to match them exactly and it is also possible to crossover pace. For example, you can pace someone's breathing by tapping your finger on a table.

For telemarketing, you'll only have auditory and verbal pacing, though you could also guess their posture and try to match that. Try speaking at the same rate, volume, and tone the person speaks, and listen for the vocabulary they use. You can also listen to see if they use more visual, auditory, or kinesetic words, and use the exact words they use. Accents can also be matched if you do it right. I was able to match accents of people, accents that I did not speak in until I spoke with them, and no one noticed.

The best book I've seen on rapport is "The Magic of Rapport" by Jerry Richardson.

One thing NOT to do is read your script as if it were a hypnosis script. I did that when I was in telemarketing (a very short time) and I put my co-workers and manager in trance all the time if they were near me when I was on the phone. The manager said I had a hypnotic voice and thought that I put everyone I tried selling to to sleep.

OP Offline

Dosetsu:

How did you do as a telemarketer? Are you currently in a position of sales?

Parag

I just said I always seemed put people to sleep. I only stayed in that job for a short time, a couple weeks or so, and did not do well. I was new to NLP and was not very familiar with all the necessary skills, and obviously went too far in trance induction. Putting people into a deep trance isn't useful. The manager really liked my voice though.

This company was OK as far as telemarketing goes but they had a wierd product for Phoenix- vinyl siding. The vast majority of the people I spoke with lived in stucco houses and in developments with homeowners' associations, so it was not a good product for the area. Some people even thought I was joking. Generally most people were not at home so most of the time was spent dialing and waiting for an answer. The leads were not qualified, in fact we were the ones doing the qualification. When I went back for my paycheck and asked to see the manager I was told she was gone. I looked around the office and everyone was new, none of the people were people I worked with. It is a numbers game.

sjaykum1: "establishing rapport with people over the phone is difficult"

Maybe you should try "belief" paraliminal. Get rid of the above belief and replace it with "establishing rapport over the phone with people is easy"

Or maybe the "new history generator" paraliminal to change your past so you've always gotten rapport over the phone.

Or "sales leap" and focus on getting rapport.

Or "Instantaneous personal magnetism" and before you listen, hang around people at your work that get deals all day long, and use them as a model.

Or "new behavior generator" and do the same with IPM.

Hope this helps.

George

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Parag,

As discussed already. Stick to one course of action. Especially when one you started has started to created some success for you. You are scattering your energy trying to rush it and looking for something else. Give something that started working time and stay focused.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved