Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Just thinking back on Paul Scheele's Photoreading teleseminar a few weeks ago, when he gave anecdotes illustrating that people who photoread generate energy that is concentrated around the abdominal area rather than the eyes.

Another example is the way old memories and stress is remembered by the body as a pattern of tension. It seems that the body remembers our experiences even after we have convinced our conscious mind to forget.

This whole idea that thinking and memory is performed throughout the body and not just limited to the brain fascinates me. I have never considered that "thinking" is part of the body's repertoire of functions.

Maybe using the "other 95%" of our "brains" should be rephrased as using the other 95% of our "body-mind"? And if that is the case, then how does one train oneself to "think" with the body?

Something I found fascinating was the effect Brain-Gym had on my concentration. I saw the book in LS' Recommended Reading list.

I experimented with doing Brain-Gym while listening to paraliminals. My mind did a leap in performance, and my thoughts felt much smoother, more integrated after only a few sessions.

OP Offline

Hey Grant,

I was exposed to a little bit of brain gym something like ten years ago. Well, a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then , but I remembered it as a positive experience.

You say you do the exercises DURING the paraliminals? i.e. with your eyes closed and having imagined yourself completely relaxed and all that?

By the way, I don't know if you have been there already, but there's an "Official Brain Gym" website -
http://www.braingym.org/

I've been looking through it a little after reading your post. I found there some interesting ideas related to what captured my attention about learning through the body. For example the idea of treating "the physical components of learning", i.e. really taking the body-mind as a learning unit, and developing neural pathways usually seen as solely cerebral - such as concentration, etc., through the body.

[This message has been edited by GödelEscherBach (edited October 18, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by GödelEscherBach (edited October 18, 2005).]

I was quite lucky at the time of getting the book, because I had fancy, lightweight headphones with a strong lightweight very long cord. I did the exercises standing up and sitting down, with my eyes open and closed at different times, all while listening to the paraliminals, and also without listening to the paraliminals.

My motivation to do this, was that I felt that the link between my body and mind was not very strong. I could not get myself to act on plans, carry out tasks, and link my intellectual world with my physical world. My physical results were weak, compared with my reasonable intellectual abilities. I felt there was a huge gap. I'm still working on it though, I feel that I am still unbalanced.

My physical goals also related to socializing, communicating well, speaking, interacting and relationships. I remember doing the Brain-Gym in between photoreading to integrate learnings physically. If you've ever had the problem of having "a word on the tip of your tongue" I think Brain-Gym can help. I think with Brain-Gym your expressed self becomes more completely you as you have more access to the "you inside of you." If you've ever been unresourceful in one situation and resourceful in another you will know what I mean.

Your body has a huge history of feeling and acting which is actually information which your mind can access using the paraliminals. I think this history can be aligned using Brain-gym. Using Paraliminals and Brain-gym together give something like a flow state.

Thanks for the website address, I've stuck it in with my favourites.

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited October 18, 2005).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved