Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi everyone,

I've collected some names of those active in hypnosis from searching through this forum and with Google, such as Wendi Friesen, Adam Eason, etc., but I'll love to have more options.

If anyone has come across any good hypnosis/self-hypnosis audio programs, please post!

Thanks!

To my experience the Paraliminals from LSC are excellent self-help cds.

If you want to concentrate on hypnosis, the top name in the world is Milton Erickson. I beleive there are some cds or videos on the market. Also Richard Bandler's cd's are worth mentioning.

IIRC while there are a small number of videos and audios of Milton Erickson, he never really made any training materials.

The best introductory hypnosis book I've read is "Training Trances" by John Overdorf and Julie Silverthorn. It is easy to understand and to the point. If you can find one at a reasonable price, get "Trance-Formations" by Richard Bandler and John Grinder. It is out of print due to some disagreement with the author and publisher, not to to lack of popularity. When it went out of print the price skyrocketed immediatly. "Patterns of the Hypnotic Techniques of Milton H Erickson, MD" Vol 1 and 2 by Bandler and Grinder are aslo good sources, but IMO are a bit dry and technical and are better suited to read after you learn the basics. "The User's Manual for the Brain" vol 1 and 2 by Michael Hall and Bob Bodenhammer, while textbooks on NLP, are also very good resources for hypnosis.

There are other good books but I'm only recommending ones I've read. I recently bought "Trancework" by Michael Yapko, and it looks like it will be a good book. It is a textbook on hypnosis at over 500 pages and written for therapists.

OP Offline

Hello purjo, Dotsetsu, and thank you both. I have been looking into Milton Erickson, but like Dotsetsu said, he doesn't really have a training program. Rather his legacy is mostly carried on right now by various "Erickson institutes". And in the minds and practices of whole generations of hypnosis practioners, I guess.

By the way, a paperback copy of "Trance-formations" at Amazon.com was going for $70 the last time I checked. Though the ones who have it, gave it great reviews.

P.S. purjo, I use Paraliminals and I like them a lot. Maybe it's even because I like them so much that I want to learn all about what goes on behind them and their kind. I mean, if somewhere out there people have figured out how to access hidden parts of the human mind, or to put it more personally, hidden parts of MY mind, and can manipulate it in ways that I currently don't know how to myself, maybe you can imagine that it would bug me, y'all know? Like I'm missing something I should know - it kinda tickles my curiosity. That's the way it is with me, anyway.

[This message has been edited by GödelEscherBach (edited October 14, 2005).]

"Trance-Formations" is a good book, but I wouldn't pay $70.00 for it. IMO "Training Trances" is a better deal, the book itself is more to the point than "Trance-Formations." "Trancework" only cost me $40.00 and it is a much larger book, and there are two other large Ericksonian textbooks for under $70.00, "Ericksonian Approaches" by Rubin Battino and "Therapeutic Trances" by Stephen G. Gilligan. I haven't read on bought these two yet(They are certainly on my list,) so I can't fully recommend them but they both have good reviews, and Gilligan is usually considered Erickson's top student.

OP Offline

Thanks for the book buying hints. I have to (wisely, if possible) spread my personal development budget around a good number of projects, so I'm always keen to know what's worth the cash.

---------------------------------------------

Neuro-programmer 2 looks like fun! Something I've noticed - the EEG spectrograms have a graphical interface that looks identical to what's on the iMusic website. Nothing earth-shattering about this, just that it seems VTH is using Transparent Corp. EEG analysis software.

It seems that more and more, advanced software like NP2 are going to allow a lot more independent experimentation that a few years ago would only be open to professionals with access to a good recording studio. I was browsing through some of the features of NP2 - user determinable voices, frequencies, affirmations, hypnosis scripts... in short, the user can determine just about everything that goes to work on his/her head. The mind boggles...

[This message has been edited by GödelEscherBach (edited October 17, 2005).]

If you want to learn the "secrets" behind hypnosis, any book from Bandler can be recommended. Frogs into princes, Persuasion engineering, for example.

The best way to learn hypnosis is to got to hypnosis seminar with Bandler (of course, only to my experience). The first day we were hypnotising each other, successfully. Of course, it may be too much for your budget.. But it's wortht it.

I like bandler's aproach because his background is in physics, not in psychology. His approach is engineer-like, which makes things more easily understandable.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved