Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#16580 10/23/05 02:47 PM
OP Offline

Hi to everyone,
I was browsing here yesterday and found a post (I don't remember the name of the member) in which this person was denouncing Holosync. He mentioned off-handedly that it will ruin ones life, or at least has the potential to. I have not used holosync but I have borrowed it from a friend and was about to start using it when I read this. I was just wondering if anyone might be able to support or invalidate this claim so that I might make a more informed descision.
Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

The PowerMinding site, which no longer exists, used to offer a free meditation program that consisted of 6 40-minute mp3 files that would take you 6 months. The page is question is now archived at http://web.archive.org/web/20040626033630/powerminding.125mb.com/Free+Files.htm

but you can still get the Mind Meditation mp3 files from http://nrfiles.net/ under Miscellaneous at the bottom of the page way under Bandler's pdf files (at the top).

The description of the program is:

<sic>
The Mind Meditation Program.... FREE!!!

Yes thats right. We have a The Mind Meditation Program free for you to use. It's a program which takes you half a year to use. If you want to get professional and be going into very deep states of mind you have to practice meditation forat least 40-50 years. With this file program you can achive this meditative deep state of mind in only 6 months! In each file the frequence of Binaural Beats is lowered more and more.. This means that new neural pathways is created with each file you hear. But you have to listen to each file a day for a month - 6 files in 6 months - till your mind has created these new neural connections. You can be so deep relaxed, and its getting more and more pleasureble each time you hear a file, you may never have experienced before. Here it is: Listen to each part file a month. Starting with file part 1, then go to part 2 etc. Each file lasts around 40 minutes...

The Mind Meditation Program - Part 1
The Mind Meditation Program - Part 2
The Mind Meditation Program - Part 3
The Mind Meditation Program - Part 4
The Mind Meditation Program - Part 5
The Mind Meditation Program - Part 6
</sic>

Hello and welcome:

I am probably familiar with the post you mentioned, and as a person using Holosync now for over a year, I can say that you certainly cannot believe everything you read. If it is the same person as I think it is, this person also intermittently posts to a forum created by other Holosync users, to spread his own bad experience in attempts from discouraging others from using the technology.

It has more or less been agreed upon by that particular group, at least, that he obviously had more wrong with him that happened before he ever touched Holosync than he's willing to admit. As well, his experience was very limited - in other words, he didn't even give it a chance to help him get out of whatever he was in that WAS making his life crap, so his assertion that "it will ruin your life" is extremely biased and weak.

While the people on that forum are a minority of the over 700,000 people who have used (and most of them are probably still using) Holosync, I'd say they give a pretty good cross section of the types of people and the reasons why people use it. It is a tool that basically speeds up the meditative process, and in doing so some people (not everyone though) experience some degree of overwhelm or discomfort. People meditating without Holosync go through that discomfort as well, if they do it long enough and with enough intensity. However, it is not something that is going to "wreck" someone's life unless they were already beyond the point of being helped by anything like this anyways, IMHO.

The benefits of using it far outweigh any of the so-called negative effects some may experience, and from those posting on the other forum, even when they have experienced the overwhelm and then come through it, they have praised the process immensely for what they have gained. Quite a few of them have been using Holosync for 5 or more years.

I suggest you explore more, and particularly read on the Centerpointe Research Institute web-site (www.centerpointe.com) the true and real story and testimonies of those who have used it, before believing the words of only one person who, for whatever reason, has had a bad experience. Then, if you already have the initial CD available, use it as instructed (doing the Dive for two weeks initially before also incorporating the second half hour Immersion) and give it a couple of months before making up your mind. It certainly will not damage you in that short a period, and you'll probably be eager to continue - most people who use it are.

Cheers!
Unis

[This message has been edited by Unis (edited October 23, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Unis (edited October 23, 2005).]

OP Offline

Thank you both very much! Unis, I kinda figured thats what was goin on but I wanted a bit of confirmation. I just got a slight glimmer of apprehension from that one post, not enough to discourage experimentation, but enough that I thought I should check it out.

This is my first experience with this forum and I must say that if you two are a representation of the standard then I think I will feel right at home here.

Si vales, valeo.

If you want more information about hs users
then try the following discussion board.
http://p072.ezboard.com/fcenterpointefrm17

Cheers,

I know you can get the program customized with your own subliminals. If you word them wrong, you can mess up your life. For example, "My body is shedding unwanted pounds," and your arm falls off or something. Not that I'm blaiming the user, it's just hard to see how Holosync could do damage to a person.

shr33m, the meditation files don't seem to be available at nrfiles.net anymore.

I don't like Centerpointe, but when someone says Holosync messed up their lives my first response is: "Yeah, right."

When you meditate, weird stuff can happen. You can feel like you are going ape-crazy inside. You expect peace but then you get a taste of inner hell. This comes from mental loops you get yourself in during meditation.

Ever have an argument with someone and it feels like no matter what you say you get yourself deeper and deeper into a pit? And the whole thing escalates in uncontrollable craziness, anger, and frustration until there is an explosion, one of you walks off, or somehow the whole exchange is interrupted?

Well, this sort of back and forth, action/reaction loop can occur within one's mind, and in meditation it sometimes does.

I can see if someone expected peace and happiness and all that and meditates and discovers real conflict and distress, and then decides that they are going nuts, out of control, etc., then, yeah, it can snowball and your life can get crazy. But it's not the CDs. It's an ignorance of the activity, what can happen, and what it means.

You're not going crazy. You're just in a loop. You went deep inside and opened up a can a worms deep within yourself. You can handle it. You can get out of it. It's a learning experience. If all else fails, get up and walk around, talk to some friends, etc.

It really is the same sort of thing that happens when someone completely ignorant of psychedelics and hallucinogens does something like takes LSD and then decides they have gone crazy, are going to die, or have to kill themselves cause they can't stand it, etc.

If they knew what was going on, they'd be ok with it and it'd be a great learning experience.

It's best to learn about where the ticket can take you before you step on the boat.

Michael Hutchinson mentioned thrombosis, I don't know if he was directly blaming Holosync for his thrombosis. But could sitting in the same position for hours cause a possible thrombosis?

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited January 06, 2006).]

quote:
Michael Hutchinson metioned thrombosis, I don't know if he was directly blaming Holosync for his thrombosis. But could sitting in the same position for hours cause a possible thrombosis?

First off, isn't he the guy that has dissed Holosync up and down, here and on the CRI forum? Maybe I'm wrong. If he was, pass the salt lick, please.

Secondly, thrombosis can occur from sitting in cramped quarters for two long (like on long airplane rides where you can't get up and move around). But you'd think someone doing meditating wouldn't do that, and certainly if you became uncomfortable, from perhaps sitting in lotus too long, (which generally would happen long before thrombosis set in), although I don't think many Holonauts use lotus anyways, you'd have enough common sense to move, FCS!

Cheers!
Unis

[This message has been edited by Unis (edited January 06, 2006).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved