Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16653 11/28/05 09:04 AM
OP Offline

Recently my Father passed away and in a conversation with my mother she was saying that she would be missing the income and this was "in the back of her mind".

This of course implied that it would affect her lifestyle and home.

We had a long conversation about thoughts circulating in the back of ones head.

We have had alot of conversations on this BB about holosync but I have not seen anything about the Theta CD's put out by Centerpointe which fall in the price range many people think is appropriate.

So I told my Mother about "Attracting Money and Success' by Centerpointe and if she would give it a try for three weeks she might notice a difference in her life.

Being the good son I am I gave her my copy.

She has used it for two weeks and I ask her about money and we move onto another subject after she tells me, what money problems?

I ask for clarification and that she will continue to listen to the CD to place these thoughts in the back of her mind.

She called me one day to tell me that she realized, life was about getting control of ones thoughts.

Yep, it has alot to do with Consciousness and having fun I told her.

But I think my point here was that if you have these lingering thought in the back of your mind that is what will manifest itself.

Many people have these negative thoughts because of a learned behavior when they were young. Please realize that you can take control and change these thoughts which will affect your whole life in a positive way if you are willing to pay the price.

Some people it will be small and some it will be large but it is always worth it in the end.

Love

Jeff

#16654 11/28/05 03:17 PM

Hi Jeff:

You have no idea how lucky you are to have a Mom who will at least listen to something worthwhile at your suggestion.

My Mom won't listen to anything I have suggested for fear I might try to "brainwash" her out of how she currently thinks. I should also mention that if there were a Nobel prize for the "Worlds Greatest Worry Wart" my Mom would ace the prize EVERY year.

I've often wondered if the amount of "worry energy" this woman puts out there has any effect on how wonderful or crappy the lives of her children and grandchildren are. Funny, she doesn't seem to worry about HER circumstances, and they remain quite well. In fact, when she does start worrying about that, my brother and I always seem to get her to see that her circumstances are Okay.

However, she worries about everyone else's circumstances, and we are all continually trying to climb out of a financial hole. With the exception of my brother, we are all very positive people in our thinking. To her credit, she is a very generous person, but she also uses that generosity as a "hook" so that none of us will shut her out or off when she gets into her "worry speech". When nothing else works, she's loosing her breathe because we've upset her so much with "our" negativity. (At 80 yo, with a bad ticker, and carrying around well over 300 lbs., we don't like to push our luck that getting her upset might cause her to expire) .

What brought me to say this is your reference "in the back of my mind" because that's exactly how she starts her "worry speech" - "Well, you know, it's been in the back of my mind that if you don't get a job soon, you'll have to come back to live with me" was her last shot at me on my recent trip home. I wonder if it would hurt, just once, for her to think of me as being successful!?!

Unis

#16655 11/29/05 06:13 AM

Unis,

I'm happy your mother is alive. Not all have that pleasure, of course, if mine was alive, I believe she would get along great with yours.

I too went around wishing thoughts like you. Until I realize, she is loving me the best way she can. Since then, I have come to believe parents (meaning like all) give and love their children the best way they can, with what they learn from their parents and life. Some ways, my parents give me a big advantage and other ways, opportunities to break out of our family limiting pattern.

I realize all those years I blame and/or seek to find things in my past that my parents did as delaying my expansion into the fabulous world earth is. My parents, both dead, ever were able to see me as a success the way I need. Only one person in this world is capable of it, me. I'm happy that every day, in every way, I'm owning and celebrating me being me. Some things I do better than others and others they do better. I love when I do the things I love doing well and have others do for me what they are great at.

Best
Richard

#16656 11/29/05 06:16 AM

opps typo
My parents, both dead, Never were able to see me as a success the way I need/wanted.

#16657 11/29/05 08:13 AM
OP Offline

It seemed most of my life no one wanted to listen to my advise and these days I'm almost surprised that they do.

I do know that having these little voices in the back of your head with negative output from them is really a nasty thing to have happening to a person because it's like the repetition of an affirmation and you hear it so much you start to believe it, even though it is not in your best interest or even true.

The only thing that worked well for me was to drown myself with continual positive voices to crowd out the negative ones. This helped support keeping the negative stuff out of my life.

After many years of traditional meditation and doing other supportive things like Holosync I don't have those little voices going off any more but I notice other people do, like my Mother.

I think if someone wanted to shortcut this process the best thing to do is make these little voices in the back of your head your friend and teacher, really show appreciation for all they are telling you But don't listen to,believe or follow anything they say.

You cannot win a fight with them but you can love them so much they will give up and go away. Then fill your mind and your world with positive things that support what you want from life or wish to contribute.
How you interprete that or how it unfolds for you is your custom made path.

#16658 11/30/05 01:52 AM

Puts the phrase "I love you to death" in a nice light.

Thank you, Jeff, for that story about your mother, it's really touching. It really does sound like you are a good son. It's been apparent from your posts here that you're a good person.

I wish you and your mom the best of luck.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved