Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

I bought the NLP book "Sourcebook of Magic" with the aim of experimenting with PhotoReading patterns to see if just PRing them would have a powerful effect.

Surprise! Surprise! A Huge Success! Or small success, it depends on how you see it or feel it!

One of the experiments I did was to photoread the Pleasure Pattern keeping in mind the purpose of making SMILING much more pleasurable! I did this repeatedly keeping in mind that purpose. Then I photoread the Godiva Chocolate pattern repeatedly with the purpose of being compelled to smile!

Well! This morning I could not stop smiling and I loved it, it was totally wonderful!

I have found that with photoreading the patterns like this the results come the next morning when I wake up.

The problem with the smiling was that it got a bit out of control, so then I sat for ages photoreading the pattern of the inner sage trying to moderate myself with wisdom!!

That is great, Grant! I love it!

I am going to go dig out and photoread a bunch of my old NLP books and see what happens.

Enjoy!

vitaman

Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Vita-man

Be careful with those patterns. I'm feeling so much bliss it's painful. On a positive note I may have to come off my anti-depressants permanently, I'll have to see.

Often during the time I've been on anti-depressants, everytime I solved a major problem in my life I went high. So I have to be careful.

Even if you're not on anti-depressants, take care.

Thats really interesting, i always thought that Photoreading could be used in helping combat depression and such mental health issues, what else would you suggest as i was going to follow the same course as you've done, but also do things like photoread self help books, autobiographies to ingrain in the behaviours of people i admire and books with solutions to mental health issues

Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

ExAnima

The thing I will do next is learn the Meta-Model, and integrate it into myself until I can live by it, to eliminate unhealthy cognitive patterns.

Being specific about the negatives. (Meta-model)

Generalizing happiness. (Milton Model)

Self-honesty is also something I will improve, and I am working on it already. Self-honesty provides accurate reference points from which to work from. The meta-model also helps with self-honesty, and distortions of reality.

Loving myself needs serious work this year.

I have worked 'beep' hard at improving my interacting. Rapport was one of the things I've worked on. Knowing that sour relationships can sour life drove me to put in serious effort.

There is a whole lot you can do, do what you're really drawn to, it will then be easier to persist. What you said you will do is very good. Depression covers a vast area and is different for all sufferers, there is a lot you can do when you're aware of your personal issues.

Thanks for your advice, i think in this day and age theres an over reliance on counsellors, psychologists and other such professionals telling us what is right and wrong and wanting to compartmentalise you into a nice little box, it seems you have found your way and are making some great gains, its amazing how powerful and unlimited in its application this photoreading stuff is!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had a thought i wanted to share, my understanding is that Photoreading was developed before all the other courses, so in a sense it was the foundation to all the other courses. Having said that i believe then its the most powerful of all the courses and as i am discovering unlimited in its applications and in helping you to create the life you want....

Grant- loving yourself- you are doing great in that area, else you wouldn't be doing all this great work to improve your life!
Keep it up! I 100% encourage you to use the meta-model in your internal dialogue.

ExAnima- I would steer clear of any counselor who told me what is right and wrong for me---as a counselor, I have to say I am releaved that I do not see too much of that happening these days.

Occasionaly, I get a client who thinks that is what they want from me, and if that is what they still think they want after 2 sessions, they can find someone else.

vitaman

Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

ExAnima

I totally agree with you that sufferers depend too much on professionals. To learn to depend on yourself for your own healing is a great gift to yourself.

Personally, I don't trust a professional with my mind in a session that has not been thoroughly prepared with my request. I have also learnt that psychologists and NLP counsellors can be very beneficial when they are willing to do exactly what I ask them to do, as long as they don't agree with something destructive I request. Sufferers pay thousands, we deserve the exact service we request, not some agenda of the psychologist themselves. Some psychologists and counsellors jump to it when you make a very specific request...I think it makes them feel great because then they feel they have more purpose. I think the less humble and less skilled the psychologist the less likely they are to be willing to deal with your exact request. I went to a NLP counsellor once and he said "Please can you make a more general request", I think he loved all he was thinking about my problems.

So if I ever go to any psychologist or NLP counsellor again, I will find out exactly what skills they have, exactly what skills they like using, exactly what their forte is, and then I will ask them to prepare sessions using the skills I want them to use to achieve exactly the goals I want. It is like swimming in hogwash to have to sit and listen to the psychologists agenda for their goals for me.

The new paradigm of a coach suits me far better, it is directly working with what the client wants and the clients goals.

What I fear is that psychologists take the glory for my hardwork, and I feel that I have been the one to suffer for their glory.

Humility is what I need from such professionals.

Photoreading is unlimited, using it for "Direct Learning" is even better. You don't need to use the Direct Learning activation put forward by Paul Scheele. Photoreading material on a topic with a specific purpose of achieving some goal in your life is enough. If you aren't sure after that put emphasis on the goal with a paraliminal after photoreading.

Vita-man

It may look as though I'm doing a great job of loving myself through what you see of my work on myself on this forum, there are areas of my life however that you cannot see and I'm afraid to mention them on this forum. I choose not to talk too negatively about my situation. Most people I think are afraid to show their dark sides too much in public, for fear of what people might think. It's not that not mentioning this on this forum is being dishonest, it's very difficult (as you know from the meta-model) and inappropriate to bring the whole truth into every interaction situation. I don't think you need to fear me loving myself too much I get too much of that from my own conscience.

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited January 10, 2006).]

Grant, we all have shadows...I know sometimes it is hard for me to embrace mine. But as the singer Bruce Cockburn brilliantly wrote, "another step deeper into darkness, is closer to the light"

If it weren't for self love and self care, you would not even be in this forum, or doing the work you are doing for yourself. I hope that you can honor that, appreciate that...and recognize the courage it takes to do this work.

I do, and I am thankful for the people I meet along the way who are also engaged in this work.

Sure, there is probably lots more to do. I know that I am far from finished, too. But it is worth it, every bit of it.

vitaman

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved