Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16729 01/13/06 02:06 PM
Hudzon Offline OP
OP Offline

I've been planning to try out polyphasic sleep for a long while now, but I have some problems adjusting to it.
I have a busy schedule in college which isn't helping my case either.

The problem is that I will either be not able to fall asleep at all, or will fall asleep for two or three hours.

I know that my body is supposed to adjust to polyphasic sleep eventually, yet the adaption period is taking too long and is beginning to have a negative effect on my course work

My idea was to use binaural beats or a similar technology to make myself fall asleep faster and wake up on time. Yet, not being an expert on this subject and am not able to produce a correct preset myself.

Would anyone have any suggestions on what should I do to fix my problem or links to any research material that might come in useful?

Did you already read Steve Pavlina's ongoing diary on his experience of polyphasic sleep?
He might have had written something that could help.

He started it in Oct, and he might still be doing it.

It's at http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/10/polyphasic-sleep/

quote:
Originally posted by Hudzon:
I've been planning to try out polyphasic sleep for a long while now, but I have some problems adjusting to it.
I have a busy schedule in college which isn't helping my case either.

The problem is that I will either be not able to fall asleep at all, or will fall asleep for two or three hours.

I know that my body is supposed to adjust to polyphasic sleep eventually, yet the adaption period is taking too long and is beginning to have a negative effect on my course work

My idea was to use binaural beats or a similar technology to make myself fall asleep faster and wake up on time. Yet, not being an expert on this subject and am not able to produce a correct preset myself.

Would anyone have any suggestions on what should I do to fix my problem or links to any research material that might come in useful?

Hudzon Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the link, it has some very useful information.
I didn't consider increasing the amount of naps I take during the day, but from what I've read in the diary it seems like a good idea.
I'll try that for a few days and see if it'll improve my adoption to the schedule.

Also, as he wrote in the diary, Steve Pavlina is still living under this schedule and will post an update on the 18th of January.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved