Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16807 01/26/06 03:33 PM
Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

I have come to the conclusion that if I teach all my parts to laugh, all my problems will disappear. Laughing at any incident will diminish the effect of that incident. (The hard part of course will be to be able to teach laughing.) NLP anhoring could be a good start? Where should I start? Let's see, maybe seeing myself from outside in a shameful situation? A heartful laugh (without sneerin!) would do the job. The kind of laugh I had at my own message full of mispelled words in the latest thread started by Grant. (Believe me, I had really fun!) It's like appreciating the hidden wisdom of any unpleasant incident, seeing the logic behind it, and seeing that it all was worth it. (OK, I admit, I'm citing the resiliency course here... But the course seems to have done a good job!!)

So let's LAUGH!

Edit. I'll have to get serious about this!

[This message has been edited by Oxygen (edited January 26, 2006).]

#16808 01/26/06 11:05 PM

Oxygen,

Wow. Thanks What a fun idea. I am laughing now at me because I know I will forget to laugh. Yet, when later, I remember to, I can do it then. Overtime, I see myself laughing my way through life vs my old mode of BeIng sO sERiOus. hee hee.
Richard

#16809 01/27/06 03:47 AM

I remember something from long ago about an NLP pattern called "Ludicrous Generator" Was it Bandler?...that is just the sort of thing he would do.

If I remember, the basic idea was to recall times that things were so bad they became funny. Anchor states, and chain them so that they fire quickly and automaticaly. Run chain through a current situation, and notice how ludicrous it suddenly has become. Finish with future pace or post hypnotic suggestion or timeline or whatever.

If anyone knows this pattern or remembers it completely, please share!

LOL

vitaman

#16810 01/27/06 03:58 AM

Oh- another thing I thought about...I saw a documentary about a guy in India...I think he was a doctor or something like that, who started a Laughing Club. Excellent documentary, wonderful idea, and people were getting healthier and healthier! The movement got to be realy big, with thousands of practitioners.

Also, in Japan, there is a religious festival where the monks celebrate laughter. Cool!

Another group makes laughter the first thing they do in the morning upon waking. I tried this sometimes, and it was great! Nice way to start the day! That reminds me-I ought to start doing that again...

I was at a party over the holidays, and the hostess said it is good luck in her culture to toast, then face the East and laugh out loud rauciously. We did, several times, and by the end of the evening, we were doubled over with giggles. (the alchohol helped, I am sure) What a great set of sore ribs the next day, and fond memories of a realy good time.

vitaman

#16811 01/27/06 10:26 AM
Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for replies, trader and V-man!

V-man, thet's exactly where I got the idea from, I mean Richard Bandler. He taught it on the practitioner training, and at that time I failed miserably ( , 5 yrs ago...). For me it just took its time before I could utilize the technique. When to right time came, the technique was already there, installed. All I had to do was to let it happen.

AND IT WORKS! Actually all I did was think of an aunpleasant situation (or a blockage inn my body) and lagh a faked laugh in my mind, no actual sound but just an imagined soung (where's me washbowl, Eeehhehehee... ). That's all it took. Now I can do it anywhere, anytime. The aonly prerequisite is, to continue it long enough, until a smile appears

[He].2s2.2p4

#16812 01/27/06 10:43 PM

As part of mindfulness meditation, the Buddhists talk about trying to maintain an "inner smile" throughout life. Though there are situations where it may not be appropriate to laugh, such as at a funeral, or, when one's teacher or boss is giving bad news or scolding someone about their bad performance, etc, having an inner smile should help in almost all situations

I do remember being mis-understood in quite a few situations right after I began listening to the Resiliency course. Even recently I was pulled up at work for "being too relaxed".

I just think it is what you do in the long run that shows, and matters

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved