Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Chrisp:"The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent".I have read 3/4 of it.It expands a little
on ask and it is given.There are no new processes.But it has more "hands on" exercizes.It seems more polished than "Ask and it is Given".I got more of a charge out of "Ask~".I have read it 4 times now and always get something more out of it each read.I just started with Higher Balance.I have found everything Eric Pepin talks about in the foundation cd's complements ABE and "vice versa."

quote:
Originally posted by chrisp:
Khala:
In regards to "Reverse Engineering the Self":
What was it like and what prompted you to purchase that one...or is it the next logical step after the Foundation Set?
For what reason(s) do you dislike it?

Baquai:
I just finished reading Ask and it is Given.
LOVED it. I was wondering if you had read their latest book and how does it expand on the first.

I am going to read the above book also. Thanks for info Baquai. Chrisp, I purchased Reverse Engineering the Self after listening to Eric's audio session on "Surrender" per recommendations in that session. I did not have Reverse Engineering the Self or Discovering the One. I had the other 2 sets that he recommended. (These audio sessions are archived by Higher Balance, and you can listen to them by going to Higher Balance's website.) Discovering the One is really something-you listen to hear your own sounds or frequency. I heard sounds, several times, but could not maintain them. It says practice is needed by most. Quite interesting! Back to Reverse Engineering the Self-What did I not like about it? Maybe if I understood what was happening I would like it-most parts I do like. As soon as I get back to the states I will call HB and ask Matthew for an explanation. I "think" he and the girl I have talked with were both Eric's students in that cd-of course, maybe not. I have talked with Matthew more than the others-all have been very helpful and very kind. I think Matthew has the kindest voice I have ever heard-and feel that he will give me a truthful explanation about the cd (2nd of 2 cd set). The cd is probably not what it appears to me from my first and only listening to it. For that reason, I will not state in this forum my thoughts about Eric's comments as he changes states of consciousness (I think that is what has happened.) I will let you know what I find out. Love and Blessings, khalah

OP Offline

Faune,

I got LS's Spring Forest QiGong the summer of 2005 (levels 1 and 2) and think it's wonderful. It actually changed my whole spiritual direction in life toward studying LifeForce. SFQ is the reason I got involved with Higher Balance in the first place. I searched all over the net for months on end looking for someone who could explain the scientific reasons we could move the force around and into our bodies like that and it wasn't until 6 months later I got a flier in the mail from Higher Balance.

[I have been doing SFQ for 2 years and still have had problems with meditation and not getting to the stillness]

My favorite exercise on level one of SFQ is moving yin and yang up and down your spine. Just a couple minutes of doing that is enough to still me. I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

Years ago I "failed" to attain stillness using Kriya Yoga, a path that worked for so many other people for many years. The Kriya Technique is to move the lifeforce up the spine to your head and back down again with your mind only, no hand movements. I couldn't get it to do anything. Once I tried Chunyi Lin's hand movements I got it to work right away. The point is, I think you just gotta find something that works for you and who knows what that will be and who knows where you will find it.

Guy Finley sells a tape program called "The Meditative Life" that may help you. www.guyfinley.com

His explaination of what meditation is for is quite different than everyone elses, even Eric Pepin's. I do Guy's version of meditation after I do Eric's. Sometimes I also do Wayne Dyers Meditation for Manifesting which is where you say the "ah" sound and vibrate at that frequency and focus on what you want to manifest in your life. I really can't say that I like one version over another. I like them all and do them all. I also like the Zen techniques which are available anywhere in any book but I like Osho's and Alan Watts' more than other Zen stuff.

I hope I'm not confusing you. The point is, I think you'll eventually find what you need if you just keep trying things.

Coldrayne:

Life for me is very simple and the only mistakes you can make is to overcomplicate it. I am also skeptical of a particular doctrine or of almost any one's personal ideas.

Regards
Stevie

Hi Coldrayne,
Thanks for the explanation.
The reason I have difficulty getting to the stillness in SFQ exercise is that I have a big rush of energy coming up from the balls of my feet - feels a bit like the way you feel when a plane is taking off! - not compatible with peace and stillness.
On the SFQ forum I was advised that I was lucky to be feeling so much energy and I do accept that and I know I should be grateful for it but I can't help thinking(and thinking is what gets you into trouble) that it would be great just to feel the stillness but I haven't managed it yet.
Thanks again for the suggestions and links.
Love & light
Faune

OP Offline

Stevie,

What was the last thing that skepticism ever built? Did Paul Sheele build Learning Strategies with skepticism? Skepticism is a human emotion that is the result of having something denied to you enough times that the memory alone is now powerful enough to make you not even try something in the future.

If you are here, you are not skeptical. Skeptical people don't try to figure things out. They try to bring other people down. You aren't doing that and you're here on this forum looking for new ways to figure things out for yourself.

Some people believe no matter what and some people are skeptics no matter what. You are what you are. I've tried to be skeptical and analytical about things and I just can't do it. I don't belong in the science field. If I was an engineer I'd make the space shuttle just cruise the mall parking lot and be happy with it

Hi Faune;

I saw your earlier post mentioning the eyeball looking at you during meditation.

The way I had heard it described by someone else was that the eyeball was blocking their path.

The resolution was to say " I now allow myself to move to the next level" the eyeball will move away and you are free to go on.

Hope that helps.

Great post on Higher Balance. Thanks.

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the suggestion . I will try thanking the eye and asking it to move on.
I initially thought that it might be a sign to work on opening the Third Eye but now I'm not so sure. So I will keep on with Qigong ( try and stop me!) and try out the Eric Pepin CDs and Navigator when they arrive.
Love and gratitude
Faune

Hi Faune;

The Eye seems to show up for many people at that stage of developement, I don't know why.

You must give yourself permission to move to the next level. Talking to the eye and asking it to move doesn't seem to do much.

At the time I met it I tried to go around it, over it, nothing. So I visualized a bright sword in my hand and sliced it in half then I went on.Muttering something like "what an a--hole"

This wasn't the best choice as I later found out but it worked for me.

Love

Jeff

Khalah:
I have tried Higher Balance's website for the archived audio, but cannot seem to grt there. I see where it says "Free Audio" (or listen free) at the top lefthand corner of the page but when I click on it it just sends me back to the home page. Help?

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved