Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#16993 02/23/06 11:23 AM
OP Offline

I just received some marketing for the Silva course.

Has anyone here done this? I asked on another board and got quite a negative response.

Does anyone have anything positive to say?

Jodi

#16994 02/23/06 11:29 AM

I got the marketing letter also. I've been a bit doubtful about the Silva method, but LSC is advertising it... So I have a bit of mixed feelings...

#16995 02/23/06 02:23 PM

I can't speak highly enough of the Silva method. I first started using it in the mid-70s, just learning from books. Later, I bought the Ultra course from Nightingale Conant (the one with Dr. LaTourrette). I find the Silva techniques to be some of the most effective I've used--ever, bar none.

If you buy the course (or check out some of the inexpensive books at amazon or eBay), you might find some of the techniques are just a little familiar.

There is a good reason for this. According to my understanding from what I've read, Jose Silva studied the mind and body in depth for many years before even thinking about teaching others. In a sense, he learned from a lot of people, either in person or from their books--some of them quite ancient.

As a result, you might notice traces of this, touches of that in the courses. He weeded out what didn't work for him, and included what did. The result is what is being marketed now. I have no doubt he would have improved it still more, but he has crossed over to the other side.

I find the techniques to be immensely practical. You can use them anywhere, almost any time. (Do I ever have trouble finding a parking spot? Not since the mid 70s!) They blend well with other things, from yoga to QiGong to Reiki and so on, simply because so many elements of so many other techniques are part of the Silva methods.

As with many of these kinds of courses, you can "preview" the Silva method(s) by reading some of the books first (they are quite generous in sharing techniques in their books, unlike some organizations).

One of the best was written in the 70s by Jess Stearn--I'm told the method he writes about is actually an offshoot of what was being taught back then, yet "The Power of Alpha Thinking" is a very concise and helpful manual--written so well it reads a lot like a novel. I sometimes find this book in the used book stores, or on amazon.com.

Another is the recent offering, "Silva Ultra-Mind" by several authors including Dr. LaTourrette--a paperback that is often found in libraries and for sale used in the usual places.

So check it out, test drive it a bit, and see if you want to get the course on CD.

#16996 02/23/06 03:13 PM
OP Offline

Thanks for this.

The response I got elsewhere suggested that although the Silva method is quite powerful, the L S course isn't a good introduction.

Has anyone who posts here tried the LS course?

Thanks,

Jodi

#16997 02/23/06 03:18 PM

I don't think I've gotten the advertisement on what LS is offering yet--does your copy say which one they're promoting?

#16998 02/23/06 04:59 PM

Hi Jodi:

My initial intro to Silva was through Jess Stearn's book "Power of Alpha Thinking" - that's the book I was reading, when on the third day I ended up in a super-conscious experience while doing one of the meditation exercises, and found my path to Channeling and becoming a teacher of the paranormal opened to me.

Over the years I have talked to people who have gone through the Silva training, and much of what they know from the course, I picked up straight from the book. I, too, rarely miss good parking spaces, and have also used many of the other techniques quite successfully.

I did get the LSC advertisement, and from what they say it will do - I'd say read the book (above) first, and if you think you then want to deepen what you've learned from it, maybe then go with one of the Silva courses - it will also give you a better idea, then, of which one would be appropriate for you. You can probably find the book in soft or hard-cover in any good library.

Cheers!
Unis

[This message has been edited by Unis (edited February 23, 2006).]

#16999 02/23/06 05:37 PM

Jodi

I did a Silvia meditation course in the '80's. It was a powerful introduction to meditation and I learned to "go to alpha." I have used the technique almost daily since taking the course. I agree the the above writer who said it goes well with other modalities.

I love the parking space idea because it is so concrete and so simple and it was one of the first things early on that I learned to manifest for myself and others. Then, once you realize how easily it is to manifest a parking space then you can see how simple it is to manifest other things in your life too. However, I think the biggest thing Silva taught me was to be aware of my thoughts and my thinking process and to make conscious choices about my thinking.

I can't comment on the LSC material as I didn't receive it.

Good luck in your search.
Many blessings
Nickie

#17000 02/23/06 05:50 PM

I just ordered the Silva Method today. I should get it in a few days. I'll let ya'll know.
But the book can be found used on Amazon for as little as 8 bucks.

#17001 02/23/06 11:44 PM
OP Offline

Hi Jeanne,

the LS marketing material said this is the Silva Ultramind course.

I ordered the Alpha Thinking book from Amazon, it's second hand and I'm in the UK so it might take a while to get here, but I'll let you know how it goes!

Jodi

#17002 02/24/06 12:40 AM

Hi, Jodi,

I just got the advert in the mail this afternoon, and it's one that I have. It's pretty good, but actually for beginning, I wonder if the one by Robert Stone (available from Nightingale Conant OR for less on eBay) might be a better one for starters. And I do agree with Unis--the Stearn book is perhaps the best place to start!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved