Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline

I can't. I'm on Atkins.

(just kidding)

OP Offline

Jeanne,

You just said the same thing that I said only using alot less words. Thank you.

After reading this discussion I can now see why I'm not comfortable in the SFQ Forum. I guess my *a* is not tight enough

OP Offline

I love SFQ and think that everyone should learn it. But don't turn to other students in the class and ask, "how am I doing?"

Coldrayne

I really don't understand the debate on this thread - from what I can see the debate is all about "turf wars and "boundaries" - of what can and cannot be stated on the Forum.

I believe you have done a cracking job creating awareness, applications and the ability for people to trade off your experience. You certainly have raised my awareness. I have even purchased a lot of the HigherBalance material.

Nothing you have stated - discussed and explained has turned my back on LSC products, the Fourm, SFQ etc. So relax and be pleased to know that I think you have done the Fourm a tremendous service. At last we are dealing with some great issues that enable us to integrate and co-create our personal development rather than "how do we use certain CD's etc level of questions" (Oh my God have I just opened a can or worms?).

This level of debate helps us to move to the strategic element of personal change rather than dwelling in the tactics. Thanks.

OP Offline

There wasn't a debate on this thread. I wanted to talk about QiGong on the SFQ forum and they wanted to talk about Spring Forest QiGong only. And I'm pretty sure Jeff thought I was stepping on toes, or something.

On the photoreading forum Alex let's everyone talk about anything at all and I just started posting on the SFQ forum with kinda the same attitude and I was a little stunned at the censorship, that's all.

[Nothing you have stated - discussed and explained has turned my back on LSC products]

Thank god. That was the main point of this thread. I didn't want to be the HB posterboy, I just wanted everyone to know about their Foundation course because I think it can enhance any other course they do whether it's Photoreading or QiGong or whatever.

[At last we are dealing with some great issues that enable us to integrate and co-create our personal development rather than "how do we use certain CD's etc level of questions" (Oh my God have I just opened a can or worms?).]

My favorite is, "how do I use Holosync?"

Um, you listen to the cd, or something like that.

"Um, you listen to the CD or something..."
I have to admit you are a hoot.
(but I am still waiting for the potato recipes)

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Coldrayne:

I love SFQ and think that everyone should learn it. But don't turn to other students in the class and ask, "how am I doing?"

By the same token "other students in the class" shouldn't direct people to other energy methods when the Master implores beginning students not to mix forms.

Remembering that not everyone who is beginning understands what is meant by that advise and having discussion about mixed forms becomes very confusing to the beginner.

As so pointedly mentioned many times Spring Forest Qigong is a way of learning about energy and there are many forms of Qigong, Tai Chi, meditations, hypnosis, yoga and products sold that aim to help people get in contact with the field.

When you get involved with any you should do it thoroughly. Know it well and know the other form well and how the energy moves before you mix forms. Some you might never mix. Each should have it's own time.

Knowing which one to do is confusing. One thing is certain when you do start one you should give it your best shot before you seek another.

If Shawn allowed discussion of all the different energy exercises people could do it becomes confusing to the newbie and those who made Spring Forest Qigong a part of their live (I'm talking 4 hours meditation a day minimum, Helping to heal others etc).

"Is this the best? What if I'm doing the wrong one, maybe I would get better result with..."

As Chuyni Lin will point out...Each is good if you are focused on using one Each should have it's own time.

Give the Newbies a chance to get to know Spring Forest Qigong as long as they only visit the Spring Forest Qigong forum that's all they need. They will visit the other forums when they are ready and want more.

That's why the Beyond Human forum is here so we can discuss the other energy forms, learning techniques and interest that help us as individuals to develop.

Coldrayne - the record is round and flat like a CD it keeps spinning in circles.

Spring Forest Qigong forum is for Spring Forest Qigong. It is normally a subject that you must learn in person to really get it. We receive a lot of emails and telephone calls asking for clarification after people talk about alternative methods on the Spring Forest Qigong forum. (Not everyone who reads the forums posts on the forums). So with experience under his belt Shawn will edit or delete posts which will create confusion or complaints. The Spring Forest Qigong forum is there for the people who have or are interested in the Spring Forest Qigong course. So if it's off topic.... *

You haven't been censored if you were you wouldn't be posting on the Learning Strategies forums

Learning Strategies welcomes discussion on what you are doing what products you have used successfully (that is not permission to use the Learning Strategies forums to market products I can and have deleted post attempting just that.). If you've used it and enjoyed the benefits tell us how it helped you and how have used it.

I have also moved posts from the other forums that were too removed from the topic of the forums here to Beyond Human so the other forums are not a free for all either

Alex

Coldrayne;

You seem to misunderstand what I was talking about. Let's pretend you enter into a Dojo or Temple and rather than follow the teachings you want to introduce your own thoughts, although the teachings at this place are centuries old and proven to work.

You want to use American Standard wrenches when everyone else only has Metric and they work fine.

There is a traditional answer to a students question using the exisiting tools but you jump up and try to take over the class with ideas that are very new and really have no proven track record.

I think you are doing a great disservice to those who are starting off with SFQ and introducing such a distraction where it does not belong.

You can whip help the student whip those demons right away with the new potato recipe. Till you meet one for real.

This is old school stuff like I said. My belief is that if it weren't for people like Master Lin or other true Master's in this world then things would be awfully bleak.

You claim to have studied under a Master but have now gone way beyond him. Did he not teach you anything of respect? He will always be your Master
no matter how smart you think you are.

If you were to pretend that going into the SFQ Forum was like entering a Temple where you could quiet your mind, enter the Emptiness and receive all the answers to all the questions you could possibly dream of, maybe it would be different.

I think if you had graciously said "excuse me I've made a wrong turn" no one would say anything but you started ranting and so here we are.

Oxygen thinks we're all tight's "A's" because you walked into the space and made a scene. I think it's your mess.

And it'sOK if you just don't get it.

Life is Good.

Jeff

quote:
Originally posted by jeffdengr:
I think it's your mess.

I think that's kind of ugly, and probably unnecessary. Coldrayne has already "taken it elsewhere" and is no longer "bothering" the people on SFQ.

Nor am I.

Much as I love what SFQ does for me, what I don't like is the almost fundamentalist and cultish atmosphere that some students seem to cultivate.

And maybe more than the students. Mixing energy forms? Well, let me just suggest that folks read up on the history of that part of the world--I won't just say "China" but consider, please, that there were trade routes where merchants traveled from the Near East to the Far East, with many stops in between. More than merchants--travelers, monks, and adventurers tended to travel with the caravans--and during the evenings around the campfires, discussions would include more than the day's journey.

The techniques of one Master were shared with another--someone would say (in their own words), "Hey, that works, let me add this one." And so on. What is now QiGong also has elements of other energy practices from more than just one place in China, and even places beyond China, including Tibet, India,and Persia.

So QiGong, including SFQ, comes to us in already "mixed" form.

That said, I respect the requests of the moderators, and do not post there (or even visit usually) any longer. I do my SFQ on my own, and if I have questions, I just wait until an answer appears either during meditation, or through re-reading the material.

No point in flaming over this. No point in accusing someone of "making a mess."

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved