Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Hi,
I started on SFQ 2 years ago and only used the SFQ forum which was very helpful to me.
More recently I started visiting Beyond Human which covered a great many topics and answered a few more of my seekers questions.
I agree that Master Lin prefers that Beginners do not mix systems and thoroughly learn SFQ before adding other energy practices , however Master Lin studied with several Masters and also learnt Acupunture and Chinese Herbal medicine and does a form of Tai Chi as well: so he is definitely NOT against learning other systems nor does he claim SFQ is the only way.
My own feeling is that there is so much on the market and some of it is dubious.
LSC has integrity and its offerings are those which enhance our learning and can be trusted.
We rely on the people who test other methods to relate their experiences on this forum so that those of us who are still seeking have some point of contact and some clarification on the benefits or otherwise of other modalities to enhance our spiritual life.

So Thank You to all who participate and by doing so help the rest of us to understand a bit more.

Love and gratitude
Faune

[This message has been edited by Faune (edited March 11, 2006).]

[This message has been edited by Faune (edited March 11, 2006).]

Then I guess the record is straight now and time to move on?

OP Offline

I think this thread took an unecessary turn.

The only thing that happened was that my SFQ posts got redirected here and it made it look like I was harping HB to a bunch of people practicing SFQ. I wasn't doing that. I was trying to talk about "energy work" which is the literal translation of "QiGong." It looked like I was doing what Alex talked about- marketing for another company. No, no, no. Even though the "Navigator" posts went on for a long time, talk about HB has been confined to those threads.

My comment about "not turning to other students and saying 'how am I doing'" was a joke, like the joke about potatoe recipes. The point was, if you're even trying, I think you're doing it right- regarding SFQ. With the SFQ cds, videos and books, if you're following along, you will be doing it right.

Jeff, there isn't a "mess" either here or over there. Reread the first post in this thread. I basically said, "I did a booboo and I ain't gonna do it no more." I'm not mad that I got "censored" (I should have chosen another word anyway) and in fact what they changed them to was better than what I said originally, I think. I'm not bouncing over there and telling them how they should do things. The threads the got "changed" were off the SFQ topic anyway, so the answers were obviously going to be off topic.

[You claim to have studied under a Master but have now gone way beyond him.]

I did not say that. I said I studied a philosophy that he urged me to stay away from and as a result I now understand him better. I have more "references" that his other students. The philosophy was regarding reality vs fantasy and I learned that the fantasy is just metaphors for the reality. It was like a dead end that circled around to what he was teaching. So now when the metaphors are used (similar to the metaphorical language of the bible) I'm like, "oh yeah, I get it" where before I didn't get it. But I'm still just the student.

[I think if you had graciously said "excuse me I've made a wrong turn" no one would say anything but you started ranting and so here we are.]

I did say I made a wrong turn and I RANTED about how good Photoreading and SFQ was and how it lead to my understanding of so many other things. That's the message I tried to get across and if you reread the first post in this threa you'll see that's all I said.

[I think you are doing a great disservice to those who are starting off with SFQ and introducing such a distraction where it does not belong.]

I admitted that my posts were a distraction and I admitted that the edited versions were also a distraction. This whole thread was me admitting that I ranted and went off the deep end on non LS related material and I wanted everyone to know that LS's courses deserved all the credit for taking me to where I am today, because people have asked. Someone told me I was "advanced" and I certainly am not. I never claimed to be. I was only passing on information that I was taught by others. Those others deserve the credit. LS deserves the credit among many others.

["other students in the class" shouldn't direct people to other energy methods when the Master implores beginning students not to mix forms.]

I didn't know that. I wasn't told that. The subtitle of the SFQ forum link says..."For practitioners of Spring Forest Qigong to share stories and ask questions." I was also responding to questions that were offtopic to begin with so how could I have known? Besides, I wasn't saying "Hey, do it my way." I was saying "Hey, check this out."

[Remembering that not everyone who is beginning understands what is meant by that advise and having discussion about mixed forms becomes very confusing to the beginner.]

I wasn't advocating mixing teachings. One question was talking about psychic attacks and I responed and after all that's been said here, that question shouldn't have even been there. That's not a SFQ topic. I shouldn't have even seen the question.

[What is now QiGong also has elements of other energy practices from more than just one place in China, and even places beyond China, including Tibet, India,and Persia. So QiGong, including SFQ, comes to us in already "mixed" form.]

HallafreakinLeua! Someone else finally said it!

I wanted people here to understand that I was using what I learned in QiGong to understand OTHER evergy systems. I think it was that previous training that made me get such good results with HB.

Jeff, I've clearly miscommunicated to you and I'm sorry. And I never wanted to confuse any beginners over on the SFQ site. I wish I never started this thread. It's not a big deal but I made it a big deal and it's my fault, not yours.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
The techniques of one Master were shared with another...

Master. People with many years of experience and a deeper understanding of what they were doing.

Coldrayne. If I thought you were marketing another company for personal gains you would have received a warning from me long ago.

I'm sure people realise that since I allowed the topic to continue that you weren't bagging Learning Strategies. If anyone did suggest that, don't take it personally.

Spring Forest Qigong is a healing form of Qigong. People there in many cases are dealing with health issues. Going beyond that just isn't. their interest. They are also very familiar with their manuals.

quote:
["other students in the class" shouldn't direct people to other energy methods when the Master implores beginning students not to mix forms.]

I didn't know that. I wasn't told that....

Page 30 of the manual level 1 (tips)

I add that because I see the emails and Shawn gets the phone calls.

I think we can be clear, Coldrayne was not putting Learning Strategies products down. And he does think highly of them.

That there are many reasons why the Spring Forest Qigong forum remains tightly focused on Spring Forest Qigong some of which we may or may not understand. Get over it. When you were kids didn't you have rooms where your toys were absolutely verboten and you still managed to bring an occasional toy into the room. However as soon as it was too much you were sent with your toys to the permitted room? We have the Beyond Human forum to discuss anything that interests us. Call it our playroom of the house.

And no matter how eloquently we write our written words never adequately carry our inflection and intent. So lets not take it personally and lets get back to playful explorers of our reality.

Alex

Coldrayne;

Thank you for your sincerity. Perhaps we could start again on something more constructive.

You do have a gift for communicating your understanding to others and obviously many people like you because
of your willingness to help and answer questions.

One lesson that I have learned over the years is that we are much stronger together than apart or fighting each other.
Sometimes working together is not the easiest thing to do until having exchanged some energy and worked it out. Like growing pains. It pays dividends down the road.

Wishing you all success.

Jeff

quote:
Originally posted by Alex K. Viefhaus:
quote: The techniques of one Master were shared with another...

Master. People with many years of experience and a deeper understanding of what they were doing.

To be more accurate, I should have said "master" and "masters-to-be." The point I was trying to make is that all kinds of people traveled these routes in these caravans (usually, although sometimes traveling alone too!) and much information, along with trade goods, was exchanged.

That said, I just want to be clear that while I disagree with the reasoning, this IS LS's house, and the rest of us are just visitors here and need to mind our manners. Which is why I don't post on the SFQ part of the boards--even when I try not to, it seems I step on toes over there. I do like "Beyond Human" lots more, for that reason.

Coldrayne

All n All, I thank you for posting on the beyond human forum about the Handbook of the Navigator and the Foundation CD's from HB. If it wasn't for your postings, these fine products would still be sitting on my bookshelf gathering dust. I'm also a very happy and permanent customer of LSC. I own quite a number of their paraliminal cds. I also own and use photoreading. You have a unique way of explaning things and without that uniqueness i would have still been confused. Thanks and keep the winds to your back & cameosis in your heart.

3D

OP Offline

[I'm sure people realise that since I allowed the topic to continue that you weren't bagging Learning Strategies. If anyone did suggest that, don't take it personally.]

I don't think anyone suggested that.

[Spring Forest Qigong is a healing form of Qigong. People there in many cases are dealing with health issues. Going beyond that just isn't. their interest.]

I know that now but I didn't before, but it was the way I was interpreting the course. Level II seems to be totally focused on healing. Level 1 didn't seem like that at all. In many of the exercises you are moving energy around and in your body. In the Hindu Kriya Yoga system you do something similar but they won't show you that until you study Kriya for at least a year and I was surprised that SFQ "got to the point" in level 1. I'm talking specifically about "moving yin and yang." In Kriya, that is the high point of elevating your consciousness and preparing the vessel (of your body) to accept the higher vibrations of the energy worlds. But of course, I'll keep stuff like that here from now on.

3Dlifestyle,

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad that something I said caused you to use something you already invested it. I have lots of courses sitting on my shelf too that I go back to now and then and I'm surprised at how much I missed the first time around. I think it's because WE do change over time. The more we know, the more things become real for us and not just ideas.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved