Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1499 01/03/05 08:05 PM
Prana Offline OP
OP Offline

OK
now i feel like im getting nowhere spending 15 minutes a day trying to become descriptive and image stream and such things
i think i must be going in the wrong direction somewhere
as i have said i feel like i have gone nowhere after several months

i do not think i am stupid or anything like it but i continue with difficulty so my problem lies somewhere else

im stopping all of my studies as from now to start a new way of trying it for say a month to see how it goes and then i will pick up my studies at half the rate that i am doing now (8+ hours a day) and hopefully i will get more done and one day be much more efficient and learn a lot more than i am at the moment

i would love some help on one thing though
(for now lol)

i want to create a schedule for each day for my activities
not needing to be strict on the time but at least how long i do it for
so im kind of getting enough exposure to it

im asking for help on where i should be starting

is image streaming the start?

im putting photoreading off for now
that would be no big deal in the long run to pick up right? im talking in 6 months or a little less

ive got time and i have the motivation but i have much doubt and i do not know if it is because of lack of effort or ability or if im so used to not doing it that i will never "allow" myself to do it

i meditate a hour to a few hours a day and sleep about 4 or 5 though im reducing it as i go
hope to get it down under two or one hours

i think we waste our lives sleeping

but theres also a lot of other wasteful activities
i hope to be rid of all of them and make what i am doing efficient and clear

i've got a big journey ahead of me and i appreciate all the past present and future help given to me

Prana

#1500 01/09/05 12:58 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

You're not going to get an answer because you're not clear on what you want.

Alex

#1501 01/20/05 03:18 AM

I would say sleep is very important. It's not a waste of time because you are in the spiritual dimension when asleep. The mind is sorting, working and allowing the body to repair and recharge. Less mind clutter allows for much more deep mind association and interconnection with the other than conscious life, to borrow an idea from Paul. That's my take. Although you may know that information and you are saying less sleep is for you; How much is needed I'm not sure, but maybe someone else knows what most people need approximatly. Enjoy your progress. Hike

#1502 01/20/05 06:28 AM

I felt some cold uncompassionate remark from Alex. Prana was very clear on what he wanted. He asked for help. IF the words weren’t enough to figure what Prana was asking how about the other than conscious communication in his letter. Can you read between the lines maybe?

#1503 01/20/05 04:15 PM

Hi Prana,

Your post mentionned meditation, which is a favorite subject of mine.
Do you know of the program called the "Holosync Solution" ?
It's Cds soundtracks that are used to make your mind meditate very deeply and effectively. So effectively that only 1 hour of Holosync Meditation is as effective as 6-7 hours of traditional meditation.
I've been using these CDs for over a year and a half now, and they've helped me immensely, especially in clarifying my objectives and how to attain them. Before that I did a lot of traditional meditation (Taoist) and Self-Hypnosis, but somehow Holosync makes you do more progress more quickly and easily.
Meditation makes you clearer abour averything in your life. With Holosync the process gets immensely accelerated.

I recommend you check out the followig site : www.centerpointe.com where they post a free online demo so you can try Holosync meditation.

I'm sure this will help you in the long run.

Cheers,

Erwan

PS : I am not a part of Centerpointe Inc., or in any way related to them. I'm just a very satisfied user of their products.

#1504 01/20/05 04:34 PM

Hi again Prana,

Another piece of advice, this time regarding Image Streaming.

I used to be like you, a person always trying to figure out wether I was doing things right or not. Of course this is a very conter-productive strategy when things are totally subjective, as in doing Image Streaming, and there is no objective way (verifiable by an outside person) of telling wether you're doing it right or not.

In my experience of Image Streaming, there's no way to do it wrong. As long as you're describing whatever's in your mind, you're doing it right. You can only do it better (but never wrong), and that's by describing in more detail, using more senses (what's the taste, the smell, the texture, how does it feel to touch it, how do I feel in relation to it, tec.), describing it quicker and quicker, so you get a stronger feedback and strengthen your perceptions more, and using a partner.

Even if you feel you're "making it up", it's really OK, because you're still exercising your imagination and association abilities, and anyway anything that you make up ultimately comes from your imagination, wether it's origin is more conscious or more unconsicous.

"Making things up" is a great way to get started with image streaming. Eventually genuine subconscious images will start to creep into the picture. And looking back in time, you might notice that this started happening even while you thought you were "making it up".

So have fun doing Image Streaming. Do it with a partner to have more fun (if you're not feeling too shy) because that (the fun) will make it more effective !

I'm not familiar with the rest of the Genius Code program, but I feel that Image Streaming must be the root foundation of it, so focus on it to get started, and other things should fall into place by themselves later on.

Just to let you know, Image Streaming actually is a vey powerfull form of meditation. I used to do Hypnotherapy sessions. I finally noticed that the efficient sessions were the ones when I had been requested to describe something in my imagination (guided imagery), which actually was nothing more than guided Image Streaming.

Since you have the time, I would recommend that you do half an hour of Image-Streaming every day, and do it with a partner listening to you, to whom you'll return the favor by listening to him for half an hour.
It'll enhance your experience, and it's a great way to bond (because in effect you'll be two unconscious minds talking to one another with mutual trust and attention).

Stick to it, have fun with it. It's so simple and efficient, the only way to mess it up is not to do it.

Cheers,

Erwan

#1505 01/20/05 04:42 PM

Last Hi (lol),

Regarding your question about scheduling, I really can't help you, as I don't know what the rest of the Genius Code program consists in.

But regarding sleep, I strongly urge you not to mess with it. Sleep is NOT a waste of time. Sleep is when your brain rebuilds itself from the damage of everyday life. Sleep is when you fix your learnings, and it's one of the most important pleasures in life.
Wishing for a life without sleep is akin to anorexia (wwishing for a life without food).
Spend some time to go inside and consider why you have such a desire. I'm not inside your mind, but I suspect that deep inside you have (as we all do) a terrible fear of dying, and that in your case it manifests by this refusal of sleep...

Try Holosync meditation instead : I have reduced my sleeping time by 2 hours since I use those meditation CDs (one hour a day), although that has never been the goal of my doing meditation with these CDs...

Be well,

Erwan

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved