Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Faune,

How is it you expect to find enlightenment without teachings? Are you going to find them on your own by stumbling across them by accident? if one has already attained enlightenment then the teachings would be meaningless to them as their whole point is to steer you in the direction of that goal and show you what is keeping you from getting there. I disagree that effort cannot get you there. While you cannot force it, it is not just going to happen for no reason. Everything is an exchange of energy in the universe and you are not going to get somethign as profound as enlightenment given to you free of charge. You have to earn it.

Most of the so called "avatars" all seem to make similar claims about being these god type beings who came to earth and were enlightened from birth or from materialization to the physical plane. I find their claims rather questionable.

Hi Everyone,
As usual with this forum, a very interesting thread. It does seem to come down to perceptions of what enlightenment actually means to different people. It's at times like these that I always fall back on the same old chestnut - all discussions of these matters include inherent paradoxes. Such as the whole notion of striving for enlightenment - searching for "truth", when according to many philosophies, this enlightened "higher self" is already here, within, it's just that we can't see it. No real searching needs to be done fundamentally - perhaps we just need to switch channels, change our spectacles... The dream analogy is always a good one. Is enlightenment the state we achieve when we have woken up, or does it represent a lucid dreaming state? If we're busy lliving in ignorance in the dream, what motivations and actions can we take in the dream world to help kick start the lucid or awakened state? How do we prod the sleeping person - our "real self" - into awakening when we're still stuck in the dream? Perhaps that is where the act of grace you speak about might come in, Faune. At the same time, it is clear that some dreamers have had glimpses of awakening while others have heard about it and strive for it. Does this act of striving keep us within the dream? Is it just another facet of the dream state? Does it in fact prevent us from waking up by binding us to desires (albeit desires which aspire to transcendence and awakening)?
I totally appreciate the tendency for enlightenment aspiration to become another rat race. I also appreciate how the very nature of our existence at present seems to require at least some sense of purpose - or at least that's what I have been indoctrinated into thinking and believing. Without sounding woolly, and it has been mentioned already, I do also feel that presence, awareness and the current moment, each moment, moment by moment, is where the answers lie. Or rather where the questions and answers co-exist in harmony. I suppose if we manage to tune in to that fine line, that balance, that harmony, we will realise "we" don't really exist in the way that we think we do. "We" therefore can't really strive or reach a concept of enlightenment. Perhaps the only conclusion we will come to is "I AM" or "BEING".
All the rest, including the concepts, motivations, desires, experiences, everything is perhaps then simply absorbed or subsumed into that.
best wishes
Ingrid

Where to start? I came to this forum because I wanted to record and share some of my thoughts at the moment, and they do not fully fall under the SFQ format. Then I saw this thread and read the many ideas. I won't try and address all the great ideas here or even make the appropriate linkages to previous authors, although many of my thoughts echo theirs.

I'll start by trying to focus on several of my thoughts that stem from the original post, and we'll see where I end up.

First, I'm not search I really know what enlightenment is. I've read from different traditions and there seems to be some commonalities in the qualities of people of wisdom / knowledge / enlightenment. However, there are also significant differences between the ideas of how the universe works and how we relate to it and how we get to this pinacle level in these traditions. The science side of me favours the commonalities in these teachings. It also seeks a prespective that can embrace all the apparent differences, as merely different aspects or experience of underlying commonalities. To find and understanding that accepts the variants as natural possibilities.

I don't consider myself as a seeker of enlightenment, but perhaps I am. I see a lot of people traveling my way that say they are. I am seeking something, I'm not quite sure what it is. I have some ideas about what it may be, or how I might experience it.

I wasn't seeking anything except to create more happiness in my life, when I did have one of those WOW-life-isn't-what-I-thought-it-was experiences. It has changed my perspective on the universe and myself. But I didn't decide enlightenment was what I must achieve. Shortly after (or maybe before (a day or two)) I discovered my life's purpose. This all happened at a time when I didn't believe in a life's purpose and really hadn't cared about the whole idea.

I also recieved guidance that I should follow SFQ, and gratefully I have. In the years that have followed, I have learned much and explored many aspects of self and self-potential. For the most part I see the same thing, with only a different vocabulary and different routes to the same destination.

Moving on to another idea, namely you can't be taught enlightenment. I agree that you can't be taught it. You must experience it. Self advancement must be experienced. The teaching may give you great help in having the experiences we label advancement.

The idea that a external party Must change you is almost a matter of symantics for me. Everyone is energy. Every idea we share interacts with us and changes us. Every idea we send out into the universe changes us. So being around people who have an energy signature you wish to duplicate is great. Thinking about them and their teaching (their energy) brings you into greater harmonly with their energy. So yes I think teachers are good, although I've already said that teaching doesn't advance you. I say this because it isn't the knowledge that changes you it's the interaction of the energy and the changes in you, in your thoughts and actions, that advance you.

Digressing a little, at one time I spent a lot of effort trying to recreate that experience that changed my view of the universe (you might call it an awakening). I've since realized that one must let go of ones attachment (desires and avoidance) for the good as well as the bad. You must release the desire to recreate the past or create the future. You must be in the now. You can create now as anything you want.

I have had that energetic experience a few more times. However, only when I was in the now. Not when I was trying to recreate it. I always came apon me when I was doing something that was aligned with my purpose.

Branching onto another idea again. The idea of the universe, and I, and you (all of you) as one, is what is central to my belief and experience. This is also an idea I've since read about in other traditions. I'm not sure it you call that enlightenment or awakening, and I really don't care about the labels. Especially, since they tend to be relavent in a single tradition.

My expectation is that those who are seen at the pinacle of each tradition, are not necessarily at the pinacle. They are just the ones who have traveled the farthest along those paths. I appreciate all they have achieved and all they share. I understand that I can benefit by learning from each and advancing myself in the direction they have traveled. I also realize that my path may be someplace different from theirs.

Okay, I've made this about me again. However, that is what I know best. There are other ideas I wanted to talk about, but maybe at another time.

You are perfection,
Iam2

Faune Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Iam2 and Ingrid,

Thankyou for your insights, I have replied to others in private posts mainly because I was having problems with getting my replies onto the site. However all now seems resolved.

The main thread of this topic was the premise by Kalki (Avatar of Enlightenment) that enlightenment is a neurobiological change which can be given to a spiritual seeker by him,Kalki, through the Grace of God - or if enlightenment was a state you could get to by practicing. I had chanced on the site which explained the process and it seemed to me to explain a lot which I had thought impossible.

Over the years I had tried many spiritual practices and like Iam2 found myself drawn to SFQigong which is my mainstay but I keep feeling this sense of urgency and know I have to move on. Why? I don't know but it is there and is a gut feeling.
I know and accept that there are many roads to enlightenment and some seem to feel it is not right that one could receive enlightenment without
'working your butt off to get it' but I am in agreement with Kalki that it is a gift of grace, neurobiological or no and that many have received this gift without quite knowing what caused the change.

So far that's where I stand on the matter and I also believe that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions.

Love and light,
Faune

Some scattering of thoughts.

I always take exception to anyone that says X, Y or Z is hard. Nothing is hard, it just is. Saying it is hard just increases the barriers you must overcome to achieve the goal.

To me when I hear a teacher say, "I must work for something", I interpret that to me that I must do it. It is something I have to experience. There is a difference between knowing and believing. A Belief is much more powerful. Experience can change something you know into something you believe.

------

Just today, I was reading about Buddha (or should I say buddhas). Yeah, that's one of the things I learned (28 I now understand, and The Buddha wasn't even number one). As well the material I read indicated there are different types of buddhas, some that achieve enlightenment through the teachings of another and those that discover it on their own. Oh and different branches of Budhism.

-----

As for the changing DNA statements. This doesn't sit will with me. Including the LSC references. Qi (and everything is qi) can change anything (qi can transform). However, I don't think that any of those techniques have demonstrated a chemical or genome change in DNA. That's not to say that the DNA hasn't been change, but that's not how the majority of people will interpret those statements. DNA has a strong, but not fully understood, broad meaning for people. They know it's important.

It is very important. It's what takes a single cell and makes ME. Not only did it make me, but it made a me that can fix itself. It made a me that can make more mes.

What I don't like is that people make reference to changes in DNA, when the changes quite probably are changes to every molecule in you. But changes to DNA is more impressive than making changes to your water.

Sorry for the DNA tirade, but now I can exhale.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Yes, I have experienced these deeksha energies. An interesting concept. Rewire the brain using energy to gain enlightenment. Some people appear to benefit from this. See http://www.onenessuniversity.org/oneness/cms/home/ https://www.onenessmovement.org/index.cfm? http://www.deekshausa.com/ http://www.enlightenment-online.com/ http://www.onenessforall.com/ for more information on receiving deekshas. YMMV

However, going beyond deekshas, holosync, etc., you still have to do some legwork. I would recommend reading "The Disappearance of the Universe" by Gary Renard, about arguably the most advanced spiritual teachings on the planet to get started on the fast track to God.

Faune Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi shr33m,

Did you actually go through through the experience at Golden City, India?
If so how did you enrol and what did it feel like to you? Do you think/know if your DNA changed?
Iam2 has queried this aspect.
I will read the book you recommend.

Thanks for your reply,

Love & light,
Faune

I'm not to sure about this. I do believe that a physical change in the mind does occur when someone becomes enlightened but I don't believe that this man can make some one enlightened. Also, his saying that someone can not become enlightened on their own but can only be enlightened with help from god or someone who has the gift makes me wonder because he is one of the few or maybe only one who is said to be able to make people enlightened. Another thing that strikes me as skeptical is that he charges a big lump of money for people to see him. Also being an Indian as well I know how people swarm to different swamis and bhagwans by the dozens even though their methods are phony.

Last edited by peacefulmind; 12/02/06 05:37 AM.
Faune Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Peacefulmind,

It's many years since I lived in India but I don't think you can lump all Avatars together and call them phoney.
I have read a lot about Kalki and his methods and I understand his work has been monitored and investigated thoroughly by Professors, Doctors and Scientists from USA , Sweden ,and Denmark.
Kalki states there are many ways of becoming enlightened and also that he does not care whether or not you believe him. I do agree with him that enlightenment is a gift of grace.
As to 'the big lump of money' This is for a three week stay at his Ashram and includes accommodation, food and one to one teaching. The amount involved is very reasonable compared with any Western Course, about 75% less!
Since he provides all the above and has to also provide for his staff plus maintainance of the buildings and grounds I'd say it was very fair.

Love and light,
Faune

Hi evryone

I was reading some posts, and all are very intresting, but what does enlightenment mean? what does a person that has reached this can do? how to know when you've reached it?

thanks

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved