I was listening to the Advanced civilisation toolbuilder CD.

Now and again I end up falling asleep whilst doing the breathing exercises, lol.

Anyway, something weird happened this time.

I had been listening to the breathing part for some time, and it must have been nearing the end.

Suddenly I awoke!

Awoke? but you hadn't been asleep had you?

Well yes, I had.I awoke very quickly, slightly panicky because I thought to myself:
"dammit, I've fallen asleep during the breathing exercise again, I bet it's been hours now"

The strange thing is, I could still hear Win's voice in the breathing exercise.
Now track 8 of CD 7 is about 10 mintues long.
The time I must have been "out of it" must have been merely 5 mins at most or less.

The thing is, it felt like I had been asleep for hours!!!

So, I continued to listen to the CD.I was listening to trak 9, the elevator.

Then suddenly I awoke again!

"dammit," I thought to myself, as I was sure this time I had nodded off for a good long while.

However, no, I hadn't!
I could still hear Win's voice.He was just getting to the part where he was telling us to prepare to push the button.
I remember that the last time I had heard his voice, he was telling me to describe the elevator.

Now this means the time I was out of it, that I awoke from what seemed like a whole nights sleep, was in fact literally 2 or 3 minutes!

I managed to stay awake for the rest of the exercise.

I'm sat here now feeling like I have had a whole nights sleep.When I started civilsation toolbuilder, I did feel a little tired, but now I'm wide awake.

I feel like I was on a fine line whereby I went into a very deep unconscious sleep, yet seemed to awake from it and be able to notice it, all within minutes.
As I came out of the deep sleep, I was in a place, somewhere, whereby I was image streaming things.Yet I was image streaming for hours, or so it seemed, and then I suddenly awoke.

I felt like I had somehow manipulated time, to suit me.I know that sounds weird, but it's hard to describe in words.

Or perhaps a better way of putting it would be to say that I had been to a place where time acted differently.
I saw many things, experienced a lot, it seemed like a long time, yet in this world that equated to only minutes.

The thing is though, I hadn't consciously asked for this, but it just happened.

Obviously there are many implications to this, and I'm fascinated to explore this more.

Just thought I would post this experience to see what people think about it.

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by flex22 (edited May 31, 2005).]